Poll: 17 years in the future or current timeline?

Would you prefer the series to go forward 17 years? Or continue with current timeline?

• 17 years forward. Most characters replaced or removed.

Votes: 59 63.4%
  • Current timeline. Most or all characters returning.

Votes: 34 36.6%

• Total voters
Still, if you're not gonna do that, why do a 17 year gap? The previous games all had no time gap to speak of.

i don't see why they couldn't have picked Lucius to be the new main. that would have required a much smaller gap. right now i feel like most people will be disappointed in some way and soul calibur might lose signature characters or have teenagers complain about the milf factor.

fair enough :p

There's 2 different markets tho', many of the people that (rightly or wrongly) were against SC4 will be excited and glad to see a reset, and the characters most of these folks recognize/associate (ie Ivy and Seig, say) will be back as ambassadors anwyays.

The whole point is to pull an MK and go beyond the people that stuck it out... or that's my presumption ><

In my opinion 17 years are too much, in the case of male characters I think is good, but for female ones things are going to be difficult.

Hope they don´t clone a lot of characters...

and yet again this is relevant;

seth.jpg

(sees old Setsuka pic) Wow.....uhhh...you know.....that's....ummm.........Hang on. (goes out to buy liquor)

(comes back from bying liquor) GUUUUUUULP. Ok, I'm good now. Though I think I'm gonna have to go stare at the pick on page 2 for a while to try and coax my "boys" out of hiding. :p

one thing for sure though, the new SC WILL NOT have old characters, they can't do that because that would be stupid and ridiculous, especially with the ladies, I mean like someone said before it's all about the bitches BUT unless Namco wants to lose audience and money, they can't make ANY character an old fart, the only thing they can do is make em look more mature, or grown up, or even just a different look in general, so in other words they'll be like "fuck reality, this is a video game you fucktards" and bring a total new cast along with some of the old ones more improved. The fact that Sophitia was fucked in the ass and has now a son and daughter and a few extra years doesn't mean she can't TAS your ass to death anymore.
Dude, 17 years isn't going to turn a badass Samurai into a gimp.. in this example im referring to Mitsurugi.. Did you play Ninja Gaiden 2? In that game there is a segment where Ryu is being overwhelmed, so in comes Masumura, this dude's like 85 years old and rips through 7-8 enemies so fast all you see is him sheathing his sword afterwards. BTW, anal sex is not how babies are made, your posts make me think you're like 13 years old or something.

ALSO, WTF?!
seth.jpg

This is hardly 17 years of aging.. this would be like 50years in the future, I realize this is mostly a troll.. but come on. <.<

Here's a picture of someone turning 40 in today's world:

sofia-vergara571.jpg

I'm sure Namco can still take some creative licenses.

Bring on cougar Setsuka imo.

I honestly don't mind age jump imo as long as they explain what happen inbetween the time period very thoroughly and give a very good background story behind it. Hopefully namco has been listening in this case.

It seems that jumping around in stories have always been goin on in games (more in adventure based games than others) and they've all came out excellent. I think they did this in Tekken (don't hold me to this, I'm not 100% sure) and the characters didn't seem to change too much, maybe they'll do the same thing.

Taki will be 46 now however lol.

Dude, 17 years isn't going to turn a badass Samurai into a gimp.. in this example im referring to Mitsurugi.. Did you play Ninja Gaiden 2? In that game there is a segment where Ryu is being overwhelmed, so in comes Masumura, this dude's like 85 years old and rips through 7-8 enemies so fast all you see is him sheathing his sword afterwards. BTW, anal sex is not how babies are made, your posts make me think you're like 13 years old or something.

This is hardly 17 years of aging.. this would be like 50years in the future, I realize this is mostly a troll.. but come on. <.<

well to be exact I am 12 years old actually ^-^ good guess though

Heh, Pocky Yoshi age is unknown. Tee-hee! Maybe I can have cyber steampunk stuff.
Of course I'd imagine Voldo having too since it's always two going at it.
As for the chicks, I'm also curious of how this will turn out.

Back