Pyrrha Q&A/General DiscussionThread

With wall splat that combo do very insane damage. I'm setting 66B+K for backdashing players who tend to space out Pyrrha. Apparently it's safe on block so I'm definitely CH fishing here for the whole combo (NCC)

It's not really "safe" since most experienced players are going to be ducking the 2nd hit.

The first hit is safe. I'm pretty sure that's what they were talking about, just doing the first hit to fish for a counter.

I'm talking about only 66b+k, not the string after it. It's safe, so you can set up mixups here cause they're gonna guess if you are gonna do the string.

Does 66B BE track to both sides? If so, why?
I keep getting launched when I call a vert when stepping is already risky vs this character...

Yeah, it does have 100% tracking but it's mostly useful for tech traps. I'd say let it have it, this move is super risky on block anyway and she has other (better) antisteps.

Since I'm not a really a Pyrrha user, and I've been seeing Pyrrha is better than Pyrrha Omega, I'll post a question here. Someone told me that Omega is better than Pyrrha, but I myself is not a Pyrrha user like I said. So therefore, why is Pyrrha _____ than Omega (answer please in either: "stronger", "equal", or "weaker") ?

The only thing I want to add is:

Let X : Pyrrha
Let Y: Pyrrha O

- X's 66A is 1 frame safer than Y's 66A
- X's AA is 1 frame faster than Y's AA
- X's BE moves are useful than Y's BE moves
- X's 1K is faster than Y's 1K
- X's CE is weaker than Y's CE
- X's damage output is weaker than Y's damage output
- X's 3B hits grounded whilst Y's 3B has hitbox issues with whiffing opponents OTG
- X's A throw can mixup considering you end up facing the opponent while Y's 66A+G ends her in BT

That's the only things I know. Thanks for answering my question

Omega is definitely better than Pyrrha is. Pyrrha is, IMO, somewhere along the lines of mid/upper-mid tier, whilst Omega is debatably top 5.

Pyrrha is better than Omega is a few regards, of course. She has slightly better lows than Omega does - not drastically so, because Pyrrha's lows aren't great either, but Pyrrha's 1K > any of Omega's lows - its range is small, but other than that it's fast, tracks well, and combos into 2B+K,B,B,B on CH. She's also slightly safer - in particular, her 66A is safe against everyone bar one or two characters, whilst Omega's can be punished by more. Pyrrha also has a slightly better throw game, due to oki options from A+G and B+G.

Omega beats her in MANY other aspects though - her damage output is MUCH higher, this is well known. Omega also has excellent block punishment, even better than Pyrrha's (which in itself is good compared to the rest of the cast), with her 236B doing more damage AND having RO potential. And of course there's DNS B... Plus Omega has FAR better guard pressure than Pyrrha does (<3 22_88B and 66B), which helps make up for her poor low game. Both characters have bad BEs, but good CEs, but Omega's is very obviously better here - hella strong whiff/block punisher, raw damage is too good. Her stepkilling ability is more or less the same as Pyrrha's i.e. pretty solid - Pyrrha has a safer 66A, but Omega's comparative unsafeness doesn't make it useless. It's still strong, fast and has solid range. She has other reliable stepkillers such as AA, 22_88K (excellent move BTW, needs more love) and others.

It's pretty hard to argue that Pyrrha is better than Omega - Omega just has a lot of things going for her. One thing that's strange about Omega is that she has a steep learning curve, yet a comparatively less steep playstyle...

Here is Partisan's reply:

Heya. For whatever reason it wouldn't let me respond to your conversation so I'm just going to reply with my own.

I actually don't play regular Pyrrha, only Pyrrha Omega (as well as Patroklos). That said I am familiar with both character and what they are capable of in this game.

As far as basics go I think Pyrrha has better tools to run a poke, punish and mixup game. Pyrrha Ω CAN do the same but her tools don't work the same way.You have to use a lot of block pressure (moves like 4B, 4A, 66B, WR K etc...) to create openings and work in your "mixups" while Pyrrha can open people up really well with 1K and various options on hit.

Pyrrha Ω obviously has the better punishment game so I won't go into that so much, but I will say that JGing is and will be very important for both characters in the future.

Both characters have problems with spacing but Omega fares better with the threat of DNS B and longer ranged moves overall.

Both have excellent evasive tools...

Pyrrha: 22K, 236A, 6B+K, 3A+B, 44B and 3A

Ω: 236/236236A, 3A+B, 44B, 22B, 1K

Both have a viable guard break game. Pyrrha needs it more than Ω imo. Having them in the red tends to make my opponents antsy, giving me control of the match at times (and free CHs ;) ).

So yeah, I think they are about the same in terms of viability but excel in different areas of the game.

I found an annoying bug against Algol today. I was getting frustrated by not being able to auto-gi his bubble spam, I thought it was lag, but there's actually a glitch with it. If you try to A+B auto-gi a bubble during the active frames of an attack or when he's shooting out another bubble, the A+B will attempt to auto-gi the melee move and not the bubble, getting you hit in turn.

In training mode, if you set him to spam A+B bubbles, you can find certain distances where you'll never be able to auto-gi the first bubble as he is shooting another. It also works if you set him to do A+B and then AA, at the right range, you're A+B auto-gi attempt will line up with the active frames for his AA and you get hit by the bubble instead of reflecting it.

Oddly, regular 4A+B+K guard impacts don't seem to have this problem, but, of course, that costs meter.

And speaking of her A+B auto-gi. In regards to the Pyrrha vs Pyrrha Omega discussion going on here. Pyrrha's A+B has a much bigger auto-gi window. I have a lot of difficulty using Omega's A+B ever, while I find Pyrrha's much easier to use (as you don't really have to time it much during strings).

How do you approach Nightmare's NSS stance? For instance, if he went into it after you block 3B(hold), do you wait and try to block what they do out of it or do you try to hit him first.

You can stab everything out of 3B except it seems NSS bA, which steps it and hits you.
Alternatively, 22K will step everything except A+B, with a stab afterwards for big damage.
Or you can block the NSS move and probably get just a stab.

4 B 88 b a k or 4 B 236 B 4 with is better in my case that can do 236 B 4 6 out of 10 so with one you guys indicate, if is a dumb questio just let me know i gonna put out

If you hit 4B, you generally want to go 66B+K,A,B, tap guard as they fly over your head, and then 236 B or CE just as they are taking floor splat damage.

Also, 4B, 6B+K will ring out at maybe 1-2 character widths from the point where the 4B hit, because the 4B knocks them backwards on their butt, then the 6B+K will send them flying back again.

How do you approach Nightmare's NSS stance? For instance, if he went into it after you block 3B(hold), do you wait and try to block what they do out of it or do you try to hit him first.

You can stab everything out of 3B except it seems NSS bA, which steps it and hits you.
Alternatively, 22K will step everything except A+B, with a stab afterwards for big damage.
Or you can block the NSS move and probably get just a stab.
WR A+B beats all NSS options and punishes when he doesn't transition to stance.

I'm new to Pyrrha and this game in general, but should I learn for her that is important to playing her?

I find that Pyrrha is all about studying frame data. You need to be able to 236B anything in the game thats -14 on block, and so you need extensive knowledge on every one's moves, how to block them and how unsafe they are.

Use the training mode to do the following:

Set the computer to guard all, second action - replay random

Record 3 different actions by the computer. Some mix that you have to respond different ways to and/or punish with different moves. Like 3B, punish with AA. Something you have to block low and stab. Something that you have to step the 2nd hit with 22k, stab. Stuff like that.

Then just sit there and tap the computer with A and then respond to whatever it is doing. Once you get the hang of it, new exercises and/or new characters. Play online or offline with people to figure out what you've got down and what you need to work on.

Also, you're going to want to learn how to just guard things. That goes for all characters, but she benefits in particular because it opens up a lot of stab and/or other punishment opportunities.

What's you guy thoughts on 236 2/8.

Never seen anyone using the little sidestep after the 236 and I sometimes forget it even exists, any of you guys use it?

Back