Pyrrha Q&A/General DiscussionThread

lol i'm not going to read that, it's huge, but answering to the last part, 6BK, I think it's -14 on guard or something like that so it's punishable. I'd recomend you to keep on using 1K snce it's very good for pressure, pyrrha's low attacks indeed suck but you can try to use her cutlass europa after an ukemi, it works for me almost everytime, after 66A+B I always use 1AA lol

lol i'm not going to read that, it's huge, but answering to the last part, 6BK, I think it's -14 on guard or something like that so it's punishable. I'd recomend you to keep on using 1K snce it's very good for pressure, pyrrha's low attacks indeed suck but you can try to use her cutlass europa after an ukemi, it works for me almost everytime, after 66A+B I always use 1AA lol

Your loss, you'd probably benefit from reading it.

And using 1AA after 66A+B??? You're asking to be blocked and punished hard!

Your loss, you'd probably benefit from reading it.

And using 1AA after 66A+B??? You're asking to be blocked and punished hard!

people actually focuses on doing the ukemi over looking at what you're about to do, that's why it always work fr me.
and i read mos of t but i dont play pyrrha okkkkkkk omega ftw

Regarding frames: Is Pyrrha and Pyrrha Omega's CE i12 or i13 ? I'm punishing some of Raph's -12 on block moves (BB, 22B, 236B) where their K (i13) will be blocked but the CE connects.

In a neutral position Raph's CE animation always fires before Pyrrha's though, which doesn't really matter too much i guess because they'll trade.

Regarding frames: Is Pyrrha and Pyrrha Omega's CE i12 or i13 ? I'm punishing some of Raph's -12 on block moves (BB, 22B, 236B) where their K (i13) will be blocked but the CE connects.

In a neutral position Raph's CE animation always fires before Pyrrha's though, which doesn't really matter too much i guess because they'll trade.
From what I've gathered, it's i13. Though, that is very strange. Maybe it might have to do with the the invincibility frames being starting at i11? Last I remember, Ramon informed me that Pyrrha's CE has invincibility frames at i11. Not too sure on Omega, though.

Its definitely i13, as I can't punish Pyrrha 11A (-12), 8B+K (-12), B+K (-12) and WR A+B (-12) with it. Some of those are lows and some force crouch, but, WR A+B is just a plain mid. I can punish Siegfried's 6A (-13) with it reliably.

I used to think it was always just a frame faster from crouching, hence it punishing -12 lows. But now I'm not seeing that, I'm suspecting recording error on my part for that.

I just tried to punish Raph 236B, 22B and BB with it, and I couldn't manage it. Be sure to hold guard for a long time while recording the move, or the training dummy will stop guarding at some point during the CE freeze frame animation (which is quite a few seconds long). I almost thought it could punish 66A at -10 for a moment as I didn't hold guard long enough in my recording...

I also set the training dummy to Pyrrha All Guard then Attack CE and it couldn't punish me as Raphael either. But, I don't trust the timing of the training dummy, as it added in additional frames of delay back in SC4 (though in SC5 it can punish Siegfried 6A so looks like Namco fixed that). I couldn't get the training dummy to punish any of the above mentioned -12 Pyrrha moves either.

I can't speak for Omega's CE.

Its definitely i13, as I can't punish Pyrrha 11A (-12), 8B+K (-12), B+K (-12) and WR A+B (-12) with it. Some of those are lows and some force crouch, but, WR A+B is just a plain mid. I can punish Siegfried's 6A (-13) with it reliably.
Oh shi-, I meant to put :i13" *edited last post*

As for Omega's CE, its i13 as well. Do Pyrrha 4B, have Omega block it and then both do your CE's at the same time. Pyrrha's animation starts first, almost hits Omega, then Omega's animation starts, they clash, and then strangely Pyrrha does the 2nd hit of her CE but does it in the wrong direction whiffing it completely... Looks rather strange.

I just tried to punish Raph 236B, 22B and BB with it, and I couldn't manage it. Be sure to hold guard for a long time while recording the move, or the training dummy will stop guarding at some point during the CE freeze frame animation (which is quite a few seconds long).

My god. Sorry about that fellars.

Yeah for some "5 am in the morning" reason I must have only recorded a short guard animation.

How do you guys feel about people calling Pyrrah a brain-dead character?

She's only brain dead if your opponent is frame ignorant... Course every character is brain dead then. Once your opponent knows to stop mindlessly attacking at disadvantage, stop throwing out unsafe moves, and JG your BE's, then you can't just mindlessly punish/counter hit them to death.

You do have to pay attention all the time with her. You need to know everyone else's frames, as punishment is her main strength, that requires some thought process. Then to force whiffs and reverse mix-up properly, requires reading your opponent and learning their habits, and knowing when you can do so. If your being zoned out, you really can't play mindlessly, she has no mindless tools against backdash.

Her execution is admittedly brain-dead easy. Simple short combos, no weird motion inputs, and relatively easy JF's that are just added damage instead of being essential (and arguably 236B4 is better in some ways than 236B:4).

Does anyone here use her angel sidestep? I do. It confuses some people lol

Why? Its slower than a normal side step and there's no special moves you can do from it. I guess if you were using 236 to dash forwards to duck under highs, but, still, I suspect most verticals would still be fast enough to smack you out of it.

I use Angel Sidestep in like a gimmick-esque way to implement Angel Side Step B (66B+K) for guard damage. Also helps if you're attempting to change attack pattern. But I feel there's more useful tools for the same situation.

Hey, angel side step isn't even in the wiki! See how important it is! And guard break damage (66B+K breaks in 12), hmm, lots of holes for that in the wiki (I don't see a thread for it, I could have sworn there was one, though I'm probably thinking of the meter build up thread [that should be compiled in a sticky/wiki form]). 66B seems to be the better run up and guard break move, being safer, faster and breaking in 10 (though you can't do it from angel side step i guess).

For stuff not in the wiki, just measured these:
66B+K breaks in 12
6B+K breaks in 12
44B+K breaks in 9
22_88B+K also breaks in 9
B+K breaks in 12
B+K,B breaks in 7 if you feel suicidal
66B breaks in 10
22K breaks in 13
66A never breaks completely
44B breaks in 10 (3B is 11)
4{A} breaks in 10
4A never breaks completely
4AB breaks in 8
1B never breaks completely
2B never breaks completely
2BB breaks in 9
8A never breaks completely
8B never breaks completely
8K never breaks completely
8B+K breaks in 8
WR {A+B} breaks in 7
WR A+B never breaks completely

Added those GB values to the wiki. I also added Angel Side Step (please refrain from snickering at the acronym) but all I remember is that 66B+KAB has an ASS version, so I forgot the other two(?) attacks it has. I'll add them later.

Angel Side Step has worked for me in the past. When using it as a stepping tool- but a normal step into whiff punish can be 10x's more effective, and 10x's more straightforward.

Angel Side Step has worked for me in the past. When using it as a stepping tool- but a normal step into whiff punish can be 10x's more effective, and 10x's more straightforward.

And 10x less of a pain in the Angel Side Step to input too...

Back