Pyrrha Q&A/General DiscussionThread

The patch only really changed the frames on 236B and CE to be more unsafe (though they were unsafe on block anyways). What's bigger, is the effect of the backdash nerf changes. Really, most of this thread is still relevant.

As a side note, you can still do 236B 236B:4, you just need to trade hits with the first 236B (record the training dummy doing 2K 2A, and let yourself get hit by the 2K and stab).

Probably been answered before (I'm a noob ^^;) and probably has an obvious "duh" answer, but is there away to regular GI Pyrrha? She has an aGI, which I've pretty much mastered at this point and only GIs mids, but I see the AI using regular GIs, which drains their Gage. I just did it by accident in Training but then forgot how. ;-;

Doing some experimentation against Algol's bubbles, I noticed that using A+B to auti-gi them back instead of a regular GI recovers far far far slower, as opposed to a regular GI where you can move more or less immediately.

Against his 6BB B bubble, if you A+B auto-gi it, you can't recover fast enough to actually do anything with the bubble up close. If you 4A+B+K it, you can run forwards on top of the bubble and apply some reverse pressure of your own. The A+B auto-gi also starts too late to auto-gi 6BB B on hit, while 4A+B+K is. If the spacing is far enough, if you 4A+B+K the bubble and 4B immediately, if the bubble hits, the 4B will combo for huge damage potential (bubble 4B 66B BE 22BAK is 122), or 236B:4 will do so closer up for 82 damage (its like being Viola for a split second yay!).
There's also time even on hit to CE after being hit by 6BB and auto-gi or go through the bubble. Though on hit, he can block the CE as you're delay by 6BB's on hit frames, on block you can nail him regardless of bubble.

Against his 2B+K B bubble, if you block 2B+K, you don't have time to A+B, but, 4A+B+K will immediately hit him and counter hit him even. Though there was a weird recovery time for Pyrrha, so I couldn't combo anything off of it, which makes this kind of pointless as you can meterless 236B:4 punish it for more anyways. If you have absolutely perfect timing, you can CE after 2B+K and it will auto-gi the bubble way off axis to the side, which is convenient as it block punishes 2B+K anyways.

If you 4A+B+K GI his 8B+K B aerial bubble, you can 22BAK combo him before he lands.

Also A+B is buggy, in that if he launches a second bubble, it will try to auto-gi that one and not the bubble closest to you (so doesn't work against 8B+K BBBB). 4A+B+K doesnt have this problem.

I've noticed movement is a very important skill and would like to know how to improve in that area. Any suggestions for offline practice?

I've noticed movement is a very important skill and would like to know how to improve in that area. Any suggestions for offline practice?

Focus on inputing a single direction repeatedly such as back, then forward, up, then down, etc. For example you can attack then tap up or down to sidestep, or back to backstep.

Yo guys, it's me again with more questions! Which move are you guys favoring to catch backstep at a distance? I thought 6B+K was the go-to move but it almost never fucking works! What now?

A. Use 66K
B. Use 66B
C. Use 236B
D. Ignore Backstep

Yo guys, it's me again with more questions! Which move are you guys favoring to catch backstep at a distance? I thought 6B+K was the go-to move but it almost never fucking works! What now?

A. Use 66K
B. Use 66B
C. Use 236B
D. Ignore Backstep

For really long range anti-back step, your only options are CE (it has really surprising range, but, miss-timing this is horribly bad) and 4B (4B being too slow to punish a single back step).
3A has good range too, and is particularly useful against characters that don't have a good punish for it.
6B+K is your close/medium range back step killer, sadly, still loses to side step if you aren't paying attention. Same with 3B.
For a total gimmick, 8B+K quake stun has a fair amount of range... But its slow and JG bait, wouldn't do that to anyone who knows what they are doing.
66B is too slow to punish back step and doesn't really have much range. I'd rather use 66A or 66K, 66A at least has the advantage of also killing side step and being safe.

This should be well known by now but for some reason a proper advanced tech thread has not been made yet so the info is lost in random posts all over the forum.

CE to stop movement should never ever work from this day forward due to a glitch known as 665g. Say you are Pyrrha and hit the opponent with a 2k and then pop off a ce anticipating their backstep. All the opponent has to do is during the screen freeze press 665g and they will be able to block the ce. This is not hard and has no timing involved, so be wary about using ce in this manner.

This should be well known by now but for some reason a proper advanced tech thread has not been made yet so the info is lost in random posts all over the forum.

CE to stop movement should never ever work from this day forward due to a glitch known as 665g. Say you are Pyrrha and hit the opponent with a 2k and then pop off a ce anticipating their backstep. All the opponent has to do is during the screen freeze press 665g and they will be able to block the ce. This is not hard and has no timing involved, so be wary about using ce in this manner.

I've never heard of that. I'm going to gave to check it out~

That's the first I've heard of this glitch as well. The number of movement bugs is getting to be truly astounding. This only works on CE's right? I tried it against normal moves and couldn't do it, though I haven't really put much effort into trying yet.

This is really easily to do to, so, guess scratch off CE as a long range back step killer, which means she now has none.

just a quick question about the 236B stab. ddin't this move use to have 13 frames which was why it could punish every thing that was -13?? when did it get 14 frames? or was it always 13 just that I remembered it wrong? I know the Ce was always 13.

just a quick question about the 236B stab. ddin't this move use to have 13 frames which was why it could punish every thing that was -13?? when did it get 14 frames? or was it always 13 just that I remembered it wrong? I know the Ce was always 13.

Its one frame faster from crouching, maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Back