Pyrrha Q&A/General DiscussionThread

okay, so, I've read that Pyrrha has a Just frame CE right? how the hell do you know if you pulled it off? Does the white flash appear like with normal justs or what?

probably the same thing as poe's jf CE. you do jf stab right before it cancel into CE so you get the white flash from the stab but CE doesn't get the jf damage increase.

basically 236"236:B"ABK

Last edited:
ya kane made a video about this in one of the threads, sorry to lazy to look it up, but muffinman got it right iirc

how you side step a vertical from a crouch position? like pyrrha 236A BE, I have seen one of the veteran's video here that says it's possible to step that 3rd hit vertical, but I was crouching and blocking. so I let go G, and step with 2, if I press too fast the game will keep me in crouch position rather than step. if I press 8, there's a chance I let go G too late and end up jumping and get launched and comboed into a CE

how you side step a vertical from a crouch position? like pyrrha 236A BE, I have seen one of the veteran's video here that says it's possible to step that 3rd hit vertical, but I was crouching and blocking. so I let go G, and step with 2, if I press too fast the game will keep me in crouch position rather than step. if I press 8, there's a chance I let go G too late and end up jumping and get launched and comboed into a CE
Just gotta let go of the guard button before stepping. Her left is her weak side, so step counter clockwise to avoid most nonsense hits. If you want to be absolutely sure your step will come out you can RCC into quickstep.
You can also jump attack over the second hit in 236AA series. I usually JG the second hit of 236AA anyway so I just JG the 3rd if she BEs.

Or since you pointed out 236A BE, you can just jump attack the second hit like a normal person. There's no reason to step the last attack there.

Here's a curious little inconsequential bug. If you hit someone with regular 236B up close, knock them down and immediately 236B again, and they ukemi to the left, you'll do the weird stab midair whiff glitch (like if you the 236B trade B+K,B bug or Omega's 236B wall glitch). Course, this will never come up in reality (236B'ing against a grounded opponent, madness!), was practicing my 236B:4's and had ukemi left turned on the training dummy (just set it to stand normal and ukemi left).

Here's a curious little inconsequential bug. If you hit someone with regular 236B up close, knock them down and immediately 236B again, and they ukemi to the left, you'll do the weird stab midair whiff glitch (like if you the 236B trade B+K,B bug or Omega's 236B wall glitch). Course, this will never come up in reality (236B'ing against a grounded opponent, madness!), was practicing my 236B:4's and had ukemi left turned on the training dummy (just set it to stand normal and ukemi left).

You can see this after teching with any kind of stun. Siegfried SRSH (K) ~ SBH 6B+K ~ SRSH (K), the first kick will stun but the second will not. I'm guessing the game counts it all as the same "combo", even though the second hit is entirely blockable, and since you can't use the same stun twice in one combo, you get that.

Yeah, this can also apply to Pyrrha's 66B BE when you use it more than once as a tech trap in a single combo (though I've not properly tested it). Very occasionally, if you don't delay the second 66B BE tech trap for long enough, the game will think you're using the same stun twice in a combo and while you'll still catch their ukemi, they'll be able to block the second hit of 66B BE due to the lack of stun.

Just a couple of examples:
22A > 66B BE > 4B > delayed 66B BE
CH 1K > 66B BE > W! > 66K > W! > 66B+K A B > delayed 66B BE.

I'm totally new to 3D games, SCV, and Pyrrha so I'm probably just being really dumb, but what do you do when you're close up and you're being aggressive and you have the advantage? What mixups does she have? Her lows don't seem very good so I don't see what reason the opponent has to not just hold block.

I'm totally new to 3D games, SCV, and Pyrrha so I'm probably just being really dumb, but what do you do when you're close up and you're being aggressive and you have the advantage? What mixups does she have? Her lows don't seem very good so I don't see what reason the opponent has to not just hold block.

Don't forget to throw, her throws are good and will also encourage your opponent to start ducking to open the way for your mids. Mixups aren't really her strong point, being mostly throw/1K/fast mid. Against real passive opponents, you can start 66B'ing or 6B+K'ing them to guard crush them. 1K will also start counter hitting them for a knockdown if they start trying to use TC moves against your throws.

But, even at disadvantage, toss out 3A+B, 6B+K and 22_88K's (or 236A if you want to take a risk of being punished), you'll tech crouch just about any highs, or even AA/2K will be often fast enough. Don't forget to step/backstep to make your opponent whiff either. Just cause 1K is -1 on hit, doesn't mean you have to go all passive yourself (I wouldn't do 1K at disadvantage though, since it has no evasive properties and back/side turns you for extra throw pain, use 2K there if you want a low).

66bBE traces, the second hit catches most step attempts, and unless they justguard, it's safe.

Also, good guard damage.
I often use it when I know one or two hits will break their guard so I set up a forced block..
66K, 3B, etc. It'll launch them and they'll either have to guard it or take the damage.

...or just guard.

Is there any point to using Pyrrha’s 66+A+G over her regular throws, other that it’s rather funny animation (seriously, is she pressing her vagina against the opponent’s face)?

Is there any point to using Pyrrha’s 66+A+G over her regular throws, other that it’s rather funny animation (seriously, is she pressing her vagina against the opponent’s face)?
Yes, it does much more damage than normal A+G, it also leaves them in a good position for setting up mix-ups on wake-up.

For what reason should I use the BE 66+B over the regular 66+B? Also, what should I be using my meter on with Pyrrha?

To do massive damage in combos with, and for tech traps. Regular 66B doesn't tech trap, or lead to anywhere near as much damage as 66B BE does. That said, don't use 66B BE in a non-guaranteed situation when your opponent can guard it as you'll be just guarded, punished and totally waste your meter while giving your opponent meter.

As for using meter, that's for guaranteed 66B BE's (after 4B, or various tech traps), or for CE's (3B CE, or raw CE for punishing -13 stuff), and of course plain old GI's (I like GI into 3A+B/4B near the edge for a 50-50 ringout post-GI mixup). 236AA BE is pointless (4 more damage on hit than 236AA with a tiny bit more knockback, and just guard bait on block), and 4AAA BE is truly pointless (just guard bait on block, and 4{A} 236B:4 does the exact same damage without spending meter).

66A+G does more damage than any A+G throw combo, and since its a command throw its slightly harder to break. B+G is more damaging overall, but both are good and thus there is your throw mixup. Both 66A+G and B+G are pretty much the same in terms of wake-up mixups/positioning as well.

Back