Quinion's Customs House

First off, thanks to Gatsu and Le Bello for the kind words.

@Gatsu, thanks for the likes on the Dougall/Yrsa post. It means alot to me to get the seal of approval from the designer himself!

KokoYoshi's challenge accepted (foolishly I might add):

Lady Yoshimitsu
Yosha3.jpg

I don't know if she quite makes it to elegant/cool/odd flair/boners, though

First draft wasn't going well, decided to change into a manjitou ninja.
manjivamp.jpg

Turned out OK for a manjitou vamp. Makes me think about doing a manjitou series; Ukon and Sakon need an update anyway.......
manjitou clan.jpg

The more I look at that Lady Yoshi, the more I wonder what the hell I was thinking. Anyway, to redeem myself, here's some classic SC chars (Yoshi Included)

SC Yoshi 1P
SCYoshi2.jpg

Used a sticker to extend the mask's smile to get it a little closer to his original look...looks less than stellar in the close up, but has the desired effect in game.**UPDATE 1/30/13: improved mask sticker with the simple crescent; achieves the desired result and now he no longer looks like he's eating worms**

SCII Taki 3P
TakiSC2.jpg

Yes I know, Face 7 is way closer to Taki based on her SCIV render, but Face 3 is closest match for Taki's SCII render.

SC2 Berserker
BerserkerSC2.jpg

** Hat tip to Gatsu, whose Berserker is virtually the same. Built mine independently, but his was posted first, and credit goes to the first one there imho.

Go for a theme and stick to it. You make great stuff and experiment nicely, but always think of a theme. For Lady Yoshi instance, figure out what is her theme. Mine for instance was stereotypical samurai. Attack with that mentality and your CAS will be much more awesome than the awesomeness it is right now. Keep on sharing.

Update time! A little of this, a little of that, and some of that other stuff too......

Ulric the Huntsman
Ulric big.jpg

Here's the deal with Ulric...
My goal here was to create a potential successor for the Ezio moveset, just like Kratos from SC:BD was inherited by Aeon. Skip the big bladed axes he's got, I'm thinking a long-handled, small-headed axe and dagger to replace Ezio's weapons, beef up the x-bow as shown, and replace Ezio's wrist blades with a tension loaded pike made of sharpened bone or tusk. Definitely a loner, and I think a wildlands hunter type would be a good fit for Ezio's moveset (brawling plus some finesse... sometimes he uses stealth to hunt people instead of animals), and he fits a character niche currently lacking from the roster. And perhaps most importantly, he's different enough from Ezio he can appear in future installments of the game without any need for licensing the character.

Next up, in honor of Koko Yoshi's fascination with genderbends, Aquila, Olcadan genderbend
Aqulia2.jpg

And last, and almost certainly least, why do so many complain about Viola's magic orb? She's not the first SC character to go into battle with a magic orb (her father? her future form?).....and with that, I leave you with a composition I like to call ............"The Many Moods of Necrid".............
Necrid.jpg

Those two last CAS appeal to me a lot more than the chronicles of the sword (probably because i never played the game).

Real originals with a strong theme...
I once started with the eagle head, and your talon & head work is very nice and subtle, as is the overall color scheme. I like the idea of genderbend too.

Vil shall cometh again (*winks to Koko*)

I am glad that you posted on my thread earlier. It led me to this wonderful thread. Your Chronicles of the Sword CaS bring back fond memories of a mode I find myself missing sometimes. Your other CaS are delightful. Well I dislike some parts, but that's my own personal taste or someone already mentioned it. Anyways, hats off to you good sir. I'm kind of jealous actually......

More great stuff. I'm gonna steal your Abelia (I miss so much that delicious forehead)

Also Love Necrid , although to me it looks more like a 90's RPG boss. But that's why I like it so much

Thanks guys. Aquila came together nice, but to be honest, I always thought Necrid was one of the biggest turds ever pinched off by Project Soul (well, what became PS). Hated playing him, hated playing against him. I only decided to do a Necrid CAS because I hadn't seen him done, and my original idea was the orange 2P, where i could avoid dealing wiht the face by slapping the Ancient mask on him. Long story short, the limited undergarment color palette nixed that, so I had to go green. That head was a bit of work, with 5 stickers I think, and trying to get a convincing Necrid with the special item limit of 3 was a tricky challenge. Wasn't til I was finished that I made the connection with the Viola orb and got to hang those unmistakably feminine postures on a hated foe.

I have no problem with anyone making their own version of Aquila, but clipping haters beware, the feather wings clip wicked bad with the wing projections on the cuirass. For in game use, maybe switch it out with the tiger lilly breastplate or something similar

Still tweaking my Manji clan, so for now, I'll just drop off the other SC2 Berserker
Berserker5P.jpg

This turned out to be kind of an experiment in making the pocket stickers into an actual clothing item, not just to spruce up an existing piece of equipment or suggest another layer. Simple can be a fine line, but despite his simplicity, I think I like him more than the first.

**Hat tip to LeBello (via Vilarcane), whose Ragnar was the breakthru I needed. Knew it was the mask, crest, had everything but the right helmet to go with the mask ,so when I saw Ragnar......

**Hat tip to LeBello (via Vilarcane), whose Ragnar was the breakthru I needed. Knew it was the mask, crest, had everything but the right helmet to go with the mask ,so when I saw Ragnar......

Glad I could indirectly help! :D I daresay you've done a much better job at helmet-crafting than I achieved, and overall this entire design is, once again, flawless. I'm not personally a fan of the pocket-sticker on skin, but you've made it actually look alright, so props to you for that.

I think I used three pocket stickers in mine (top & bottom of arm, plus shoulder/chest, with the last one over the zipper to tie it into the button/rivet, to make it look more like a construction.

Well , I had intended to include a new Yoshi with this set, but he wasn't ready yet...I'll fill him in with an update to this post in a day or so. In the meantime, enjoy the Manji hero/bandit freakshow.

First up , Ukon
Ukon.jpg

Sakon
Sakon.jpg

Hasuki (reworked from my previous Manji vamp)
Hasuki2.jpg

and Tanchomitsu, Master of Deadly Crane style (and fighting technique)
Tanchomitsu2.jpg

Sakon breaks from his SCIV look, but I see Ukon and Sakon as like Yoshi, they're more titles than names, signifying the current Yoshi's right- (and left-) hand men. The manji ladies definitiely have that out there/sexy weirdo/bad ass warrior vibe.

**UPDATE (2/16/13) Updated Hasuki and added Yoshimitsu (CAS though...love meesing with Yoshi's look, hate the Official limitations; this one based on a mash-up of his SCII "woodhead" lP and 2P looks)
Yoshi5P.jpg

Stayed tuned, there's a bookend set to this bunch that's coming; think updated Number 4 and Number 5, plus never-before-seen Numbers 1-3.

The Berserker, Ukon and Sakon i find to be very good CAS with a twist and some nice sticker R&D.
Of course you could have used the gladiator pauldron for Berserker like i did on my Caligula, but your pocker sticker work is cool nonetheless.
I find patch stickers to be very effective too in the department of wild/savage CAS (like i did on my rock for ref, and you did on the fauld of your Ulric, which is also very well done with the right combination of furs and leather.

And Neclord's stuff ain't bad either btw !

Back