R.I.P. Thread

Jesus Christ, that's no way to go. Oh God, poor little thing.
Tell me about it. I saw it's other buddy hiding in the grass and felt even more of a jerk realizing that they're both probably playing hide and seek. No kitten deserves to die like that. I'm now haunted with an unpleasant memory: Of lifting my lawnmower to see something I wish I never saw. I mean I know it's life, but once I heard the lawnmower crunched something and stopped, I hoped it was just grass or a snake or so but saw something worse...

Tell me about it. I saw it's other buddy hiding in the grass and felt even more of a jerk realizing that they're both probably playing hide and seek. No kitten deserves to die like that. I'm now haunted with an unpleasant memory: Of lifting my lawnmower to see something I wish I never saw. I mean I know it's life, but once I heard the lawnmower crunched something and stopped, I hoped it was just grass or a snake or so but saw something worse...

i love snakes far, far more than kittens. :(

What does it mean to like this? Do we approve of his death or are we throwing in our support?

Anyhow that's unfortunate for Jobs. It looks like he should have been paying less attention to his company and more to his health. He left his CEO position way too late it seems. I neither liked him nor disliked him, frankly I didn't know him. But cancer is a lousy way to go. I'm assuming that was it.

It seemed he was trying to get as much work done as it became to clearer how dire his situation was. Never did buy into the apple hype but totally understand the impact he's made as an icon of the last decade. R.I.P

Anyhow that's unfortunate for Jobs. It looks like he should have been paying less attention to his company and more to his health. He left his CEO position way too late it seems. I neither liked him nor disliked him, frankly I didn't know him. But cancer is a lousy way to go. I'm assuming that was it.
He had pancreatic cancer which is a VERY deadly type. It's essentially a rapidly approaching death sentence. He lived for an additional seven years so I'd say he got about as much time as anyone can expect.

PS: if you think Steve Jobs' contributions started in the last decade while you type on a personal computer with a GUI...

Steve Jobs pretty much destroyed the computer as a personal computational machine, transforming it into a toy and fashion statement. That's what people wanted from the beginning, and Jobs met that demand.

He had pancreatic cancer which is a VERY deadly type. It's essentially a rapidly approaching death sentence. He lived for an additional seven years so I'd say he got about as much time as anyone can expect.

I'd think were he not spending the last seven years running his company and made his health his full-time job he probably could have survived. But who knows. All those speeches he gave, where he had hair, were clearly displaying the man was not on chemo at the time. And if the founder of EA studios is to be believed (who once worked with Jobs), Jobs was a huge control freak, probably owing to the fact he couldn't just put the damned company down and supported by the fact that he only left his CEO post about two weeks ago.

9ZwJt.jpg

Back