Raph confirmed as SCV Nightmare :D

I'm still not totally sure about this, but it is starting to look that way... That's kind of cool. I wish they would explain more within the story mode, or create another mode where you can see each character's story.

Maybe DLC? Or maybe they're just leaving tons of unanswered questions to be shown in SC VI.

Edit: As long as Raphael appears as a fencer as well, it's all good. :D

The only thing in all this I wonder - Why Nightmare chose Raphael for his "Host" ?

Back in SC2 Raph and Nightmare(still Sieg-body version) fought, Nightmare won,but Raph was able to damage the Soul Edge... and thanks to this Sieg was able to escape from the control of the sword. Or something like that.

Oh,and after stabbed the SE Raph was infected (the whole vampire bullshit basically), not so different from how Sieg got infected and becomed the first Nightmare back in SB-SC1

I'm just confused. His face looks identical in the textures too.

So um... why isn't this mentioned in the story?

Is Raphael....isn´t a coincidence...

The same voice, same height, red eyes, same face, same hair, French...please...."they are" identical persons!! :S....but...WHY!? XDDDDDDD this is the "problem"....is a coincidence that nightmare is IDENTICAL to Raphael?...of course not...i think that SoulEdge uses Raphael´s body

Dumas is obviously "Raphael"...and...Raphael now is identical to Dumas...in the next game, this obviously will be a problem for him XD Raphael will have enemies like ZWEI (because he is identical to Dumas), Patroklos, etc XDDD

(sorry for my english XDD)

I've heard about this before countless times, and I'm actually beginning to believe it.

I'm curious about how this plays on in the near future, especially with Am......Viola being in the good alignment. This sounds like it would be amazing to see in SCVI.

Assuming the little snippets on soulcalibur.com and in the Special Edition artbook follow the Story mode, Raphael's story picks up right as soon as he comes to, which - following past possessions of Soul Edge - would be at the end of story mode, when Soul Edge was destroyed. Apparently he doesn't remember anything, and is still all "AMYAMYAMY".

it should be dumas not raphael..they just have the same hair cause namco is too lazy to model a new hairstyle

Pretty sure it's the same thing that happened in SC1.
In SC1 you could play as both Siegfried and Nightmare despite them being the same person.

I'm pretty sure Raphael was wandering through astral chaos until ZWEI defeated Nightmare, thus releasing Raphael from Soul Edge's control.

It clearly says in his bio that the world around Raphael had changed. Meaning he had not been himself for quite some time.

Pretty sure it's the same thing that happened in SC1.
In SC1 you could play as both Siegfried and Nightmare despite them being the same person.

I'm pretty sure Raphael was wandering through astral chaos until ZWEI defeated Nightmare, thus releasing Raphael from Soul Edge's control.

It clearly says in his bio that the world around Raphael had changed. Meaning he had not been himself for quite some time.

Hmm, well that would kind of make sense. I hadn't thought of it that way.

It could be possible that that's one of the plot points the team would have shown if they hadn't been rushed to put the game out this early. Sounds very convincing actually.

it should be dumas not raphael..they just have the same hair cause namco is too lazy to model a new hairstyle
Did you even look at the picture comparison at Page 1? lol

Not to mention they have the same height, even as Nightmare.

and...the same hair´s color, the same seiyuu, and all XDDD is a coincidence too? or the lack of originality of Namco? Hmm please...the physical resemblance is possible...but Dumas and Raphael have the same appearance

Not to mention they have the same height, even as Nightmare.

did u play story mode??

it is dumas! namco is just lazy so they took his hair cause like Kirio4 said their appearance are very similar

did u play story mode??

it is dumas! namco is just lazy so they took his hair cause like Kirio4 said their appearance are very similar
And his face. If they were "lazy", they would have just given him a face from Creation Mode like they were doing with everyone else. As a matter of fact, since Nightmare is one of the popular evil characters, you would think they would have given him a different model overall.

Speaking of Raphael, where was he in story mode?

Zach looks like Cody does that make them the same person? No!

"Suite Life of Zach & Cody"
If you want to get technical.....

One is shorter than the other. lmao

Hey guys, while I was watching the SC Japanese forum, they mentioned sumthing which got my attention! The Nightmare and Raphael's voice actor are cast by the same voice actor, and the "New" nighemare's information is total identical to Raphael.... now the story will be really interesting if the new nightmare is Raphael. And by the way, the other forum is also suspicious that Viola is Amy since they have the same voice actor as well~

Looking at the SCV Nightmare's story, this sounds like sumthing Raphael would do. The new Nightmare actually has a brain now~

Let's just put it this way: nobody knows for sure, but if you're going to make the dude look exactly like Raph, but ultimately make it NOT be Raph somehow, that's just lame and makes you look lazy on character modeling along with a host of other bad attributes. Even tho we have no concrete proof, but bottom line is they're invested in making it Raph somehow now.

Back