Raphael Combo Discussion

I started getting back into SCV recently, and I've been doing a lot of practice as Raph. Not to say I'm amazing (by any means), but it's gratifying to see improvement.

These combo findings have been a lifesaver. Thanks WuHT, and all you other helpful folks. :)

There's a combo I like to use that I didn't see on the list, 66 A+B, B, followed by his CE.

Forgive me if I missed it.

we have to make sure its at least 90% reliable before I feel confident with posting it as a true "combo". At least some of the A+BA followups are reliably successful with certain known conditions.

we have to make sure its at least 90% reliable before I feel confident with posting it as a true "combo". At least some of the A+BA followups are reliably successful with certain known conditions.

Yeah, not sure if it's 90% reliable. I hit with it more often then not, though.

I may have messed up the notations, because I didn't mean his A+BA move. I think the move I was referring to is called "Wyvern's Tail", and then just follow that up with B to have Raph turn around and knock them back up into the air, and then use the CE. It usually catches them out of the air for pretty good damage.

66A+B, BT B into CE is super easy for the opponent to escape though. Pretty much any sort of air control and your CE will whiff while you will waste your meter. Tested on Raph v Raph and i'm pretty sure that size won't matter because of how much air contorl the opponent is granted after BT B.

66A+B, BT B into CE is super easy for the opponent to escape though. Pretty much any sort of air control and your CE will whiff while you will waste your meter. Tested on Raph v Raph and i'm pretty sure that size won't matter because of how much air contorl the opponent is granted after BT B.

Yeah, I think you're right. I did some more testing on it and was only hitting about 50% of the time. :/

I have some cool ones, here's a few:

CH BT B+K WS G 3A WS 3B Prep <ender of choice>
CH 22K 3A WS 3A WS 3B Prep <ender of choice>
44A+B WS 66B Prep A+B (not a perfect combo all the time, I mostly recommend the CE combo instead)
Prep K BE WS B+G WS 66B+K - the throw is breakable, but only if the opponent is facing forward. If you get a back-throw you can't land the 66B+K, but the damage is about the same and you can non-combo a 1A in reliably.

I could do a whole post about Prep K BE, and it's wallsplat properties. You can land more moves than normal due to how high the opponent wallsplat. 22B / 66B and other goodies.

Not to ruin people's practice mode fun, but you can do stuff like Prep K BE WS 22B 3A WS 2/8B+K 3B Prep BB BE. Just remember you cancel the prep bbb stun by using 2/8B+K in a combo, and thus can't fit in a CE.

There is basically a wall combo for every darn angle you can imagine, probably too many to list. Raphael's wall game can be monstrous. You can get evasive wall pressure with 22B which can allow a 3A wallsplat and a 66K followup if they fall short of the wall.

22B 3A to a non-combo 66K 236B is a great string when forcing opponents to walls as a blocked 66K forces them back beautifully for a 236B followup. You will hopefully not get to the 236B and land the wallsplat though, and get in a wall combo. If 66K hits too short for a wallsplat use 33B, not 236B.

I believe 66K is also Raphael's best option post guard break or guard impact if the opponent has anything behind them in terms of walls or ring-outs. Otherwise 66B - Prep A+B or 33KB BE with meter are his best options outside of prep. 22B can be used against walls for slightly more damage, angles allowing.

If your back is to a wall and you need to rain shit and thunder on someone, go for 66A+B BT A/B (A seems more reliable at close range to the wall) 44A+B WS 3A WS 3B Prep BBB CE.

One more thing! Perfect 33KB BE after SE B if you have meter. It allows for more damage and free prep reentry via 6BB for a shot at SE A/B/K or prep A+B.

Edit: Auto-correct >:3

Since I didn't see it listed:
66A+B 6BB

The timing is strict and you have to tap G as soon as you recover from 66A+B in order to do this, but it does work. Raph's had this combo since SC2 IIRC.

I only bring this up now because his CE has the same impact frames, but the input is what keeps it from coming out soon enough. If there's any execution masters out there maybe they can figure it out?

Since I didn't see it listed:
66A+B 6BB

The timing is strict and you have to tap G as soon as you recover from 66A+B in order to do this, but it does work. Raph's had this combo since SC2 IIRC.

I only bring this up now because his CE has the same impact frames, but the input is what keeps it from coming out soon enough. If there's any execution masters out there maybe they can figure it out?

I didn't think Raph had 66A+B in SC2, I don't really remember using it till SC3, but maybe that's just cause it was so much fun to do the BT B 33KB combo after it.

I've been derping about more with Calibur again and will try the CE after 66A+B, but I'm don't think it'll work, either.

I've tried 66A+B → turn around CE before, couldn't get it to work. I doubt anyone else will have more luck.

Tried for 30 minutes straight - never even close. Seems to work as a tech-catch, but that's the best I could do.

Could there be an auto-correct dQCF, do you think? Or maybe BT 236~G~236 buffered?

Did we confirm whether 8A+B double air hit can link to CE? Obviously not a combo, but I'm wondering if CE can even hit things in the air after -anything- that's not 33K BE.

I didn't think Raph had 66A+B in SC2, I don't really remember using it till SC3, but maybe that's just cause it was so much fun to do the BT B 33KB combo after it.

I've been derping about more with Calibur again and will try the CE after 66A+B, but I'm don't think it'll work, either.

He had 66A+B and its near useless G cancel except in 2 it launched right in front of Raph, and launched extra high on CH (as if it ever would tho) instead of brutally limiting his options by being a back launcher which limits his options off of it like hell. He still couldn't combo much off of it anyways since the recovery is so bad.

He had 66A+B and its near useless G cancel except in 2 it launched right in front of Raph, and launched extra high on CH (as if it ever would tho) instead of brutally limiting his options by being a back launcher which limits his options off of it like hell. He still couldn't combo much off of it anyways since the recovery is so bad.

Oh yeah, I remember that, now. Never used it cause 3B was plenty good and was actually a launcher...

Yeah 3B would actually land in that game. 66A+B (which I don't know if it hit grounded off the top head) would get stepped like 90% of the time and even with the cancel some one would behind you and clubbing Raph in the back of the head before he could stop the attack. I have no idea why they made that cancel soooooo bad.

44K (tip range, causes them to be knocked down in front of you) → 11K
Combo + all directions tech trap.

44K (same deal) → 33K BE
All direction tech trap.

44K → 66B+K
Combo + all direction tech trap. Seems less consistent than 11K.

Tested against Nightmare. Possibly character specific.

44K (tip range, causes them to be knocked down in front of you) → 11K
Combo + all directions tech trap.

44K (same deal) → 33K BE
All direction tech trap.

44K → 66B+K
Combo + all direction tech trap. Seems less consistent than 11K.

Tested against Nightmare. Possibly character specific.

Is it reliable to get 44K on tip for this?

Is it reliable to get 44K on tip for this?
I've landed 44K at that range in match play before. Really it's just something to keep in mind in case the 44K causes them to splat in front of you so you know your options, and not something you'd deliberately go for just to land the tech trap.

Back