Raphael General Discussion

hear Hear huda...

VE A I only use if 22 gets blocked and I VE automatically and they step...otherwise it is VE K

People have less incentive to learn to recognize lows that don't knockdown or give advantage on hit + raph is not popular tourney character now = hardly anyone gonna react to it well

Finally -

Has anyone else had 44A whiff from point blank?

Indeed - people who don't know stuff won't block it; however, if they are good tourney characters, they will learn and adapt...so just heads up

44A can be downright rubbish sometimes, I've had the thing whiff on a still opponent right in front of me, the horizontal just goes right through the body.

hear Hear huda...

VE A I only use if 22 gets blocked and I VE automatically and they step...otherwise it is VE K

Finally -

Has anyone else had 44A whiff from point blank?

Indeed - people who don't know stuff won't block it; however, if they are good tourney characters, they will learn and adapt...so just heads up

yes it does but ill continue to use it because it has good frames and forces crouch

anyone like 7B this move is really good IMO

spaces

soul crush in 13

forces crouch

range safe

44A can be downright rubbish sometimes, I've had the thing whiff on a still opponent right in front of me, the horizontal just goes right through the body.

I've had this happen a few times and I just stared at the computer - I'm happy to know I'm not the only one

I've had this happen a few times and I just stared at the computer - I'm happy to know I'm not the only one

it whiffs more on standing opponents

its funny because it never misses on steppers

also beloved

you were so right about 8A+B it just saved my ass in casuals

New to 8wayrun, would like some Raphael help

Does anyone have the capabilities to record matches and then post them on youtube? I NEED updated video's badly, since I've improved a great deal and still want additional critique...

Egg let me in on an interesting tech trap, FC 3BB...never knew about this one.....dunno how much it'll land though considering EVERYONE loves to roll vs raphael....o_o...

Various Raphael questions

I want more knowledge out in our community about basic stuff raphael can and can't get away with.

It's asking for alittle detail, so if you want, answer just the questions you want.

1) Prep K:K......what does this max damage guarantee? On prep K, I can always land 2b, and then possibly 2K or FC 3b.............?

2) 33_99B....how do you use this low with some skill? Trolt and others can pull it off quite nicely, but I can't figure it out well enough, I'm like, 40/50% whiff with it.

3) 66B....how do you guys apply this? I try to sidestep/bait forward aggressive motion from the opponent and then do it....but I'm still not understanding how Pendragonfall does it so weLL

4) B+K poke series(Not VE, 2,4,6,8 directional), how do you guys apply this? I use it as a random poke once in awhile, trying to get a Prep BBB:B

5) iWR A, is it realistic? it's slow I mean, but what exact situations is it going to save you? Where does it apply?

Thanks, and btw, FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR OWN QUESTIONS TO THE THREAD, ASK whoever you want, I can tell you stuff I like for example. Hudathan may wanna share his strats, etc.

Beloved

3) 66B....how do you guys apply this? I try to sidestep/bait forward aggressive motion from the opponent and then do it....but I'm still not understanding how Pendragonfall does it so weLL
Yes i've seen him do it while playing him as well as the vids .. and im' wondering that myself. I train myself NOT to do it (as well as not 2a+b ..but then again there is a purpose for everything)

4) B+K poke series(Not VE, 2,4,6,8 directional), how do you guys apply this? I use it as a random poke once in awhile, trying to get a Prep BBB:B
It's definately good against deep steppers (hilde/taki/vaders). I kept an eye out for characters who do safe moves (-4 to -6) and then they'll step immediately, thats' just when u have to key in and see if they favour a direction (either 2 or 8). A good example is nightmares who just toss out a 66B or 11K , knowing you'll block it. Obviously this means you need to know who you're playing against, more than the character they're actually using. My success ratio of this move is terrible though (embarassing even)

66B-train them to randomly TC in anticipation for 66A

prep K:K- 11B can be insured at right range along with 2A+B

33_99B - long range only up close it whiffs

6B+K - on hits its massive advantage

WR A- its super viable its the best anti step raph has

I use 66B at super duper far range (They are all like lol can't hit me then I stab them) or when they forward/back dash. I dun use it anymore but I just use to throw out 33B if they just stood there and blocked. Sometimes for lols I use 4B+K. Sometimes they're like "shit" and throw out a punisher, which gets blocked. I punish. I usually do A+BA after prep K.

I use 66B for long range and it's TC against characters like X who like doing 66A type highs. It's also the most damaging punisher for Ivy's 214B if you follow up with 2A+B or 66A+B.

Does knowing how to GI improve Raph's game any against top tier characters? He seems to do well if you know how to.

OmegaSerpent88

raphs GI is above average, But seriously if you can GI well with anyone then you can win with anyone, yes that includes Zasalamel :p. j/k. Anyways This is not something we can really help you with since GI'ing is reacting to your oppenents atacks and paterns. Simply Put your GI game is up to you. If your refering to his auto GI's we can assist with that, I just dont feel like typing one really long explanation about it.

I wonder how is raph gi above average? what followups are there 40 dmg? 50? you're better off just throwing.

throws can be ducked after

nice mitsu BTW belial saw you fight that yoshi

those vids were nice

angelic: thx for your compliment. Maybe I'll get some of my Raph vids in the future.

Throws aren't be duckable post-GI, succesful GI gives 19 frames of advantage, throws are i17.

must me user error then because i duck them often

also throws can be broken so if your opponent breaks them might wanna start using 6BBB or somthing

angelic: thx for your compliment. Maybe I'll get some of my Raph vids in the future.

Throws aren't be duckable post-GI, succesful GI gives 19 frames of advantage, throws are i17.
maybe his point is that the majority of the cast are even worse off hehe.

33k:b for dmg/knockdown/ro or 3~prepbb into pressure doesn't sound too bad, but definately nothing exceptional though.

I try and do one of two things with Raph post GI

1. 3B prep BB they have to Re GI this, (33KB works too)

2. If they try and get cute and GI 3B i use 4B or 66A+B to throw their GI timing off.

his post GI game is good. not awesome, but definately not average.

I try and do one of two things with Raph post GI

1. 3B prep BB they have to Re GI this, (33KB works too)

2. If they try and get cute and GI 3B i use 4B or 66A+B to throw their GI timing off.

his post GI game is good. not awesome, but definately not average.

4B is pretty good NH combo, so definately people are looking out not to whiff a GI, hence it makes the 2 above options pretty much guaranteed

Back