Raphael video thread!

don't like that raph...i prefer yours you posted some pages b4.

he uses lot of risky moves like unblockable cancel (more linear of other preps) 44 (-15 >__>) i17 attacks at -4 and -8 BB every time even when it could be better the use of B and so on.

don't like that raph...i prefer yours you posted some pages b4.

he uses lot of risky moves like unblockable cancel (more linear of other preps) 44 (-15 >__>) i17 attacks at -4 and -8 BB every time even when it could be better the use of B and so on.

He was using 66 not unblockable cancels, which I still don't like using myself but to each his own. His 4's were good and he hit his guaranteed damage. Asta is not an easy match up but he did it right.

umm i remember he used unblockable cancel also i watched other raph's matches too...
And well against asta i use also 44K a lot ....

And he used things like
2A on block then 4 .____.
WSB on CH then 44A+B (i think 11B is better)
K on block followed by 2K .-.

attacking at disadvantage is ok sometimes but with mixup or tech at least that you should not expect.
Imho

For the matchup i thougt asta-raph was 5:5 he has good punishments but VE makes all of them whiff if i am not wrong

For the matchup i thougt asta-raph was 5:5 he has good punishments but VE makes all of them whiff if i am not wrong

I'd give asta 6:4 due to his strengths as a character. He's not a particularly bad match up for raph, just a tough guy to play against.

My Raph vs Kingusha's Lizardman. We both havent played this chars since forever, but I still hope you will find it fun/interesting. Comments&advice welcome.

if you wanna some advice to maximize dmg:
When you CH with WSB ...go for 11B

When you hit with prep K, go for A+B A (guaranteed on lizardman if i remember well and half of the chars, like yoshi, mitsu, hilde, voldo and various fatties)

On crawl A block, 33K:B (or 33KB) punish all mixups (i am still testing it but it seems to work.. i17, tracking, TJ and hit his stance when crawl a is -4 ob).

SeA A is +0 OB tracks strong side against SeA B that tracks on weak side is a usable TC mixup but risky (2a still punish it BUT prep B is +10 on hit instead of -2 >.> of Prep BB, on block there is also prep a )

If you are not in 2a range you can enter SEA sometimes its a matter of distance also.

And i think at close range its better B than BB cause B is +0 on hit +2 on CH and -6 on block, BB is -2 on hit and CH and -12 on block -.-

I'd use lil more AB also..

And on wake he could roll left 66A+B and punish, for that you have A+BA safe on bloc T Trap on left roll if he roll right you can stop with A+B or go A+BA for TC but will probably miss.

I use also some 6B after 6A or a or 66A+B on block expecially (due to its pushback)....all are at -2 with an i13 it becomes a long i15 (high and steppable) but its a good part of the mindgame.

imho

Hey guys
I have been playin offlin alot recently and would appreciate it if u guys comment on my style
I need all the help cus i plan on usin raph at FSAK
thnx

(me vs. Mick)

(me vs. Mikosu)

(me vs. Sword_Lord)

Suphy...................

You have an overall problem with reading your opponent and knowing how to react, at least from what I saw of the fights with sword lord and Miko. You need to improve your spacing, frame knowledge, and make sure you get your combo's down ASAP. I can understand not wanting to finish 22B VE B:B if you're feeling flaky on the jf, but there's no reason you should mess up a 22K CH combo, which is damage Raphael desperately needs.

I didn't see you utilizing Raphael's spacing tools(3b, iWR B, Good 6B/6BB usage...) or his step ability(He has an excellent step), Raphael doesn't have the tools to dictate the terms of the match, you have to move around and adapt to what your opponent is doing.

More 6K. Even if 6K get's interrupted, you take juggle damage rather then some brutal CH combo, due to it's early Tech jump.

Don't throw out random 44B's. 44B is VERY USEFUL vs many characters but Miko was punishing you for throwing it out at bad times. I'm guilty of this too, and I got raped for it.

4B. This is Raphael's main damage dealer(22B VE B:B as well). You have to know every situation you can utilize this move. I'm not just talking about ducking predictable/string highs with it, you have to know where you can step/evade and punish with 4b as well. I can't emphasize the importance enough of exploring every situation you can get a free 4b on.

Use prep according to how your opponent handles/punishes it, don't discount it entirely(you didn't but still). If your opponent tries to left step your 3B on block every time, he'll lose his +14 advantage everytime you opt NOT to prep from 3b. Prep isn't useless...it just sucks. See what you can do with it.

6BB....i13 linear high, 18 dmg with prep option(-4 entry...ugh...). You seemed to use this move, but never made it work. This goes back to reading your opponent. Outside of it being an obvious punisher, it can interrupt alot of things from a very good range.

Since your post is 4 weeks old, I don't know if you'll read this, but I wish you well representing Raphael at FSAK. I DID like the use of your lows btw, well timed 1a's/1k's/2k's. If you can hit people with 2a+b on neutral, all power to you, but that's a low of Raphael's I generally stray away from.

Thnx for the feedback....
I remember that 22k...iirc it missed because of the sc engine..I typically always hit that combo

Yea spacing is one of my problems..I can get away, I just can't keep em away for very long..

I was doing 44b becus its talim...and if I know one thing about talim its that she can be owned by 44b if done right...I just wasn't doin it right lol...

I'm gettin my practice in tho..you should go to fsak beloved...I could get a ride from u

I just put $1200 in my car in repairs, which the GI Bill doesn't cover since I'm not in school anymore. My Car is already doing deliveries, I'll leave it alone at that. I'd really want to go to Fsak, but financial stability is more important for me, especially the way the economy is.

Just feel Raphael out more, He's not Amy/Mitsu/Kilik, he can't just run in and do his dance hoping to deal more damage and guess right on his mixups. Prep damage vs good competition only comes from solid conditioning(left step control, and lot's of 3B/6BB no prep entries), and outside of prep, Raphael has nothing to maintain any form of pressure. He's a spacing/reactive character, with some decent SG damage, strong step, and an excellent high punisher...Sadly, he also has no Ring out potential, is very linear, and deals below average damage.

but why stopping prep on hit ._.? at least prep BB is guaranteed it leaves you negative but at least you get some damage or even prep B that is safe on block and leave only at -2.

just wondering...

if it was from 3b than i pprobably didnt mean to go into prep anyways so i wasnt hit checking for that...

yeah but it hit many times as whiff punish...when i'm almost sure i'll hit i prep BB at least if i am wrong i stop to prep B.After all its a good range i16.

it's good for whiff punishment, true. if the whiff is huge, like if they're open for 22 frames or more, then 4B is a better answer. i16 full ranged mid 38 dmg guaranteed plus a followup prep option(if wanted) is solid. You're right.

Can someone explain to me what a "reverse mixup" is? I'm guessing like...you're being attacked, your choices to evade/interrupt?

Can someone explain to me what a "reverse mixup" is? I'm guessing like...you're being attacked, your choices to evade/interrupt?

That sounds pretty much accurate, but i'd definately not call it a "reverse mixup".. just "defensive options" is what i'd stick with personally.

Back