Raphael video thread!

You can go back into SEA if you're REALLY ANTICIPATING a GI attempt in SEB( I did this vs a GI happy iw2ma who GI'd my SEB A/B 3 times in 2 matches and it worked)...but then you gotta think about safety, going back into an SEA attack after SEB is what? i456? They have to be sitting there for a LONG TIME....

umm ?_?
on block 3 is steppable even A gets stepped the only that tracks is Sea B but it's too slow so....
step+B = end of all mixups even 3B that's unsafe.

am i wrong?

P.S: mitsu has that FC 1B (if i remember well) mixed with 88a that can really screw raphs preps btw raph has other tools to play....

umm ?_?

If your opponent is insistent on stepping, then everyone one of your 3 is the wrong guess pretty much.
Even though stepping in response is such a powerful tool, predictability is the downfall.

3B on block if they step is basically them forfeiting their i14 advantage, which can easily compensate for the range, speed and SG damage of 3B. You can repeat it as many times as you think they'll just step-guard, as the timing of stepping after a 3B and 3 is different.

umm ?_?

If your opponent is insistent on stepping, then everyone one of your 3 is the wrong guess pretty much.
Even though stepping in response is such a powerful tool, predictability is the downfall.

3B on block if they step is basically them forfeiting their i14 advantage, which can easily compensate for the range, speed and SG damage of 3B. You can repeat it as many times as you think they'll just step-guard, as the timing of stepping after a 3B and 3 is different.

This make sense now i understand ty

@BelovedChild the point is when u are in SEB u can delay the B input delivering the same SEB B some frames later in order to make the impact whiff without changing stance.
SeB has a long window for the B input and the risk is too high to risk a GI on anticipation....

This make sense now i understand ty

@BelovedChild the point is when u are in SEB u can delay the B input delivering the same SEB B some frames later in order to make the impact whiff without changing stance.
SeB has a long window for the B input and the risk is too high to risk a GI on anticipation....

SEA/SEB/prep/VE all have a window.

Prep's window is the visual completion of his first "twirl" of two.
SEA and SEB is hard to describe.. but is essential to overcoming the 2nd hit of amy's 6BB bullshit.
VE window is obvious.. such that it's possible to not combo 22~VEB.

But.. the GI window is itself decent (like 8 frames) so it may not be possible to completely bypass it by delaying... but a delayed SEB A on hit may not be as damaging as SEB B.. but it's +10 on hit and forces BT too.... that can't be ignored :)

Here I show you two moves I don't see other Raphael's doing. Hopefully it may be of help in adding some flair to your repertoire.

I don't see how it's better, it's just different. It's also much easier to do my combo, and it makes a great contingency plan if you miss the just frame.

As far as the teleport goes, it really helps if you're fighting a character with great range, like Ivy for example. The key is to use it while your opponent is doing something else so that you're not penalized by the recovery time and have a chance to hit your opponent. The tech trap doesn't have to be done with the teleport either, so long as you are able to hit the enemy with the sweep.

raph doesnt need help getting close though.......

the teleport is awful because it takes so long to activate

Well, not every player is you, friend. I posted this video as means for Raphael players to have some ideas to play around with, I never said they were the definitive way to get things done.

Okay I gotta tear that video apart, sorry.

That "combo" as you seem to think it is(A+K 44, BT 2K, FC 3BB) that only works if they tech immediately (I do believe), making it far from practical to begin with, not including the Teleport set up which will hardly ever work. FC 3BB is a Tech Trap period.

We've all tried toying around with the teleports Von, but they're simply too slow and unsafe to be useful, dismissing Bubbles comment is futile, because the entire Raphael community will tell you the exact same thing. Bubbles, Trolt, Hudathan, CNP, and I, not to mention anyone else who really looked into What Raphael can and can't do.

The Prep K combo is interesting, but not needed. I'm not trying to discourage your efforts as a Raphael player, by all means, keep learning. We're just letting you know that you're not bringing anything new to the table.

Ruiner

BelovedChild said:
Go to tournaments, or in fact, just play known GOOD players like Suirad, Enkindu, KrayzieCD, Go0fus, etc...and let me know how well your Raphael teleports and Prep K combo's work out for you....k kiddo?

he's on live though, but though there is a good xbox matchmaker i suppose.

You could always experiment with A+K4 after knockdowns such as your grabs, VE K, 236B, but I think you'll quickly realize your facing forward options to be better.

teleport is crap........sad but true

If you want to warp around pick cervy or algore

the teleport is so slow it has trouble evading UBs........

and fuck this both of your posts are being deleted

keep your flames in the online forum and out of the SA's

Bubbles, my post being deleted is crap in this regard. I didn't get reduced to name calling or anything, I don't see why that "had" to happen. It's whatever...

teleport is crap........sad but true

If you want to warp around pick cervy or algore

the teleport is so slow it has trouble evading UBs........

and fuck this both of your posts are being deleted

keep your flames in the online forum and out of the SA's

all I can say is, it takes a fair amount of skill to use the teleport effectively, and it's a skill I have. They say one man's trash is another man's treasure, a proverb I've found accurately sums up Raphael's teleport for me. Not being able to use it effectively with your playing style is hardly a good reason to criticize it, especially if you're going off of frame data alone.

Careful friend, you're gonna get our posts deleted again.

I never said I was pro, I just said I can use the teleport effectively. Apparently, such a bold and outrageous claim is like Martin Luther rolling up on the Catholic church with his Ninety-Five Theses. You just need to calm down and remember that this is the internet, and there's gonna be people who don't always agree with you. Just because you can't use it, doesn't mean it sucks.

Look at the UMP in counter-strike, it's arguably the worst goddamn weapon in the game. It's still possible to light up 3 dudes in a round if you play your cards right. Same goes with Raphael's teleport. It's arguably the most useless move in his repertoire from varying standpoints, but can still be used to lay the smackdown on unsuspecting opponents. It's all about how you play your cards. I certainly don't just teleport every goddamn chance I get, it's a carefully measured response to certain situations, and sometimes for me, it proves to be the best course of action.

the SA isnt for bickering

my job is to keep this place organized

how will we find info if its burried under pointless crap?

ok im going to tell you this raphaels teleport from 0 frames cant dodge half the moves in the game

offline it simply doesn't work.....because if you evade your still at - frames

online frames dont matter thats why it works

dont blame us blame namco

Also both beloved your post has NOTHING to do with the video soooooo.....deleted

the SA isnt for bickering

my job is to keep this place organized

how will we find info if its burried under pointless crap?

ok im going to tell you this raphaels teleport from 0 frames cant dodge half the moves in the game

offline it simply doesn't work.....because if you evade your still at - frames

online frames dont matter thats why it works

dont blame us blame namco

Also both beloved your post has NOTHING to do with the video soooooo.....deleted

You're right, online frames don't matter, but I spend more time playing online than offline. In fact, last time I checked I think I have over 6000 total online matches. I have used the teleport offline to evade attacks that I predicted against skilled opponents, but once I'm on the other side of them my attack is usually blocked so instead I end up going into prep instead of trying to sweep. If you force your opponent to habitually block mid, then when you do throw a low sweep in, it works. Offline the tech trap may not be the best course of action, but having your opponent on the ground is definitely not a bad thing, even if you only knicked him for 17 damage.

they can BEAT any follow up after a successful dodge by the teleport with 2A

why do 17 dmg when you can do 70 ?

raphs oki game is weak its not like he gains anything from a knockdown on someone good

they can BEAT any follow up after a successful dodge by the teleport with 2A

why do 17 dmg when you can do 70 ?

raphs oki game is weak its not like he gains anything from a knockdown on someone good

In most cases, you're better off stunning an opponent than knocking him on the ground, which is why I try prep first. I'll either do prep A, or prep > SEA > B > Prep A. I find that the latter of the two lands counter-hits more often offline than I thought it would. The tech trap still does do a decent job against lesser opponents, and it's funny, because they never see it coming.

If I'm fighting an Ivy, and I'm out of range for my QC B attack, I almost always find the teleport my best option. Especially if I can time it just as the Ivy is about to attack. This actually works better offline, because it's easier to react to some of Ivy's attacks. The frame penalty doesn't affect me, seeing as how the opponent is now attacking the air while I'm behind them. I could throw, 4B stun, or whatever the hell I want from there.

But as I said, it strongly depends on how you play. You probably stay pretty close to the opponent, moving no further back than the tip of the blade. Obviously, the teleport is never going to work for you, simply because you're too close. It's possible to do the static teleport and have the opponent "miss" you, but it's too stupid and tricky and the window is way too small, a proper GI would obviously be the best choice.

For me though, I usually stay out of my opponent's range and try to bait them into attacking me, using teleport antics to punish and then start laying it on them up close with prep, backing off and trying teleportation if it comes back to us being at range again. I spent alot of my time online in SCIV getting my ass handed to me by really great Ivy players like Pandurrin, so I engineered a style specifically to help me out in fighting guys like him. Lo and behold, I'm now able to defeat Pandurrin on a somewhat more regular basis.

I see where you are coming from now bubbles, no problem, I'll stay on topic....

Von Blackhardt, I'd like to actually play you if at all possible, online or off. I can't go on xbox at all however, so unless you have access to PSN online, it's hopeless.

Anyway, I already explained why the Video isn't that useful(though I still appreciate the Raph theory), but I didn't mention that you should also view the various Raphael video's on this forum as well, you'll get an understanding of how we all use him.

Back