Raphael video thread!

I see where you are coming from now bubbles, no problem, I'll stay on topic....

Von Blackhardt, I'd like to actually play you if at all possible, online or off. I can't go on xbox at all however, so unless you have access to PSN online, it's hopeless.

Anyway, I already explained why the Video isn't that useful(though I still appreciate the Raph theory), but I didn't mention that you should also view the various Raphael video's on this forum as well, you'll get an understanding of how we all use him.

I'd love to play you, actually. I don't find many decent Raphael players online or offline, so I'm sure we may be able to learn something from eachother. Funny thing is, I actually DO have a PS3, and a copy of Soul Calibur IV. Unfortunately, my PS3 is broken, and it'll be some time before I pony up the dough for one of those fancy new (albeit cheaper) slims.

Also, I'd like to apologize. I understand I came off rather rudely and I sometimes forget how easy it is to be that new guy in the community that comes in with radical ideas that many people don't agree with, despite wanting to defend them to the death, causing an uproar in the process. In the end, we're all Raphael players so we should be getting alone just fine... in theory.

I use it on Algol, once in awhile when I'm getting charged, and sometimes vs character's stance antics where they really don't have good BT options.

22B/66B work better then the TP

which is sad lol

the algol can react to the TP if he sees the first part then his BT B+K is free

Yep, you're right about that. I learned that the hard way, in fact I even made a video montage of me fighting random players on XBox Live, and one of them was a really high level (and therefore really cheap) Algol, and I found out really fast how well teleport doesn't work on him. I still owned him, though.

people calling algol cheap makes me cry Q_Q

hes not even top tier.....

im sure raph vs algol isnt that bad in terms of match ups though

people calling algol cheap makes me cry Q_Q

hes not even top tier.....

im sure raph vs algol isnt that bad in terms of match ups though

Maybe not, but you're forgetting that a cheap Algol player picks the cage and spams balls. I rarely lose to Algols that play this way, but they will have absolutely insane win/lose ratios. Maybe because some of them are quitters, but they have to have amassed that much wins and be at a really high level somehow, so I imagine that they are not losing (and therefore not quitting) often.

why does the cage make him better? he has less space to move

both walled stages are smaller then most other stages

Because his balls bounce off of the walls, which serves to confuse and irritate most players. I usually just sit there and bounce them back at him, getting closer until I can launch QC B or 2AB. You generally can't block these balls from behind, so you're forced to sidestep into more balls, and you just take a lot of really irritating hits, and he'll capitalize on that ASAP. So your best option is to act quickly before he can get you with the ball spam.

or just wait for him to do 4(A+B) and hit him with 66B

if he uses 2(A+B) hit him with 22B

22B is one of my favorites against algol, but it's hard to do if he does that move where he fires two diagonal balls simultaneously. You basically have to play a really annoying waiting game and wait for a gap between his spam so you can get in close and lay on the beats. It's like playing a really crappy game of Frogger.

that mitsu couldn't handle the block pushback of some of your moves (whiffing after 3B/66B at tip)

I see your FC setups really putting the hurt on them (after 2A/1A/2K your WR moves were doing massive damage).

Also how come you only do 6B as opposed to 6BB.. as the mixups after a hit are better. It seems like you're using it as a single poker -feeler ... or am i seeing something wrong ?

well the thing about 6B opposed to 6BB, is 6B is basically a reset but 6B space

6B doesn't "reset" nearly as well as a single A. Only advantage it's got is that if it whiffs, you're not as vulnerable as 6BB.

6BB blocked isn't as bad, as 6B~prepA will trade with i16... , 6BB itself being -14, and 6BBB will obviously beat out any interrupts (non aGI). Personally i can't hit-confirm, but I guess i should work on that.

I'll sometimes do a 6B if it looks like it will whiff or be blocked. Yeah, sometimes it's just a poker/feeler. Just have to be more careful since I'm trying to play at tip range, but my spacing isn't quite perfected. Sometimes I'm wrong and I end up landing the 6B and giving up 10 dmg. I prefer 6B over single A for the speed and range, but I should probably use A or AA at least some for the anti-step.

I love his FC game. People always underestimate his range.

lol single A is longer range than you think. Can't argue with speed though.

I notice the mitsu had a lot harder time judging his spacing against you than the siegfried though. In fact, the sieg lost most of his hp up close.

cool vid.. but LOL at youtube comments saying anticpation of the aGI. VE A is 2 hits always, and any aGI that starts GIing on i5 will get the JI (ie raph's own 4A+B).

Actually now that i think about it.. VE's mixup between VE A and VE grab are always vulnerable to tech crouch coutner attacks, so the risk and reward factor means you should use it more sparingly against (so against another raph.. expect to eat 4 combo for 60 if they guess correctly)

Back