REPROBEAN CHILDREN: My Character Creations

IS there a particular character that you like?

• Total voters

REPROBEAN_CHILD

[14] Master
I’ve been working on this for a few days and since I might be done with SCIV, I want to show you guys the characters I’ve made. There’s only 7 characters, but they use 35 slots since they each have 5Ps. I used to have around 20 characters, but it started to feel “weird” to have them look and sound similar to one another. I also used several styles that I found myself stop playing, so I ended up with characters wasting slots. So I filed them down to the characters I deemed were the most important (and my favorite). I made a few rules while making this to keep them different from one another. This is what I came up with…
-They don’t share faces
-They don’t share voices
-They don’t share hairstyles (although there is one exception)
-They don’t share weapon styles
-They don’t use the same weapon (My if my Sophitia uses the Fire Blade on a costume, I won’t reuse it.)
-They don’t share the exact same eye color
-Across everyone, upper (shirts) and lower (pants) equipment are only used once or twice
-One character can't reuse an upper equipment twice.
-No spaulders or major armored pieces

No offense to anyone who use those items (I’ve seen some very good ones).

Since these characters exist in modern times, I tried to make them look as close to being modern as I can (which was the fun part of making this). I’ve been working on a story (or a series of stories) for a few years, so I made these creations to see how close I can get them to look like the characters I made. Despite the preset stuff, they turned out very good. I’ll mention some info about the role of each character, but I have to limit the plot detail I provide. I don’t exactly like sharing stories online anymore…

I’m going to bring them back to SCV, but I’ll give them new costumes (up to 6P this time) and some body modifications (for instance, Catherine was depicted as ‘curvy’ in the story). I’m trying to figure out what styles to give the male characters since the styles they use aren’t in SCV. I might have Mei Feng use Leixia and Yasuo use Xiba, but I’ll have to see how things pan out first. I’m also going to give boss forms to Hristina, Catherine, and Lucienne. That’s most likely non-canonical to what I’m working on, but I’m still a Soul Calibur player!

And so here are my Character Creations of SCIV!
1P-5Ps are in order of succession

Hristina “Hrist” Veneva

IMAG0184.jpg

The protagonist and it's anti-heroine. Born in Sofia, Bulgaria, Hristina has lived the majority of her life as a serial killer. Although she has knowledge with firearms, she has a strong preference for bladed weapons and has the physical strength to support it. Cold, calculating, and dutiful, she lives each day of her life with violence; slaying victims, invading homes, and planning which cities to travel. The moniker known as “The Beast” was used by the public to refer to her; she was anonymous, difficult to track because of constant travelling, feared for being able to target anyone, and each killing was described an “highly-executed and vicious.” Ironically, she doesn’t enjoy killing anyone at all, nor did she feel gratified while doing it. The idea of stopping has crossed her mind, but sees doing so “as pointless as it is impossible.”
IMAG0075.jpg IMAG0076.jpg IMAG0079.jpg IMAG0081.jpg IMAG0085.jpg

Catherine Furukawa
IMAG0185.jpg

The deuteragonist. Born in New York City, she is a Japanese-American private detective who goes after Hristina. As a teenager, she was generally afraid of the serial killer known as “The Beast.” Her life changed after she befriends someone with dark-red hair. Three years later, that friend shows her true colors by murdering Catherine’s father and her high school friends. Feeling responsible for exposing her loved ones to “The Beast,” she sets out to find the one responsible: Hristina Veneva. Being Hristina’s former friend gives her an edge; she knows Hristina’s mindset, habits, identity, and killing method. Catherine eventually pursues a career in independent crime solving, which brings her to the professional she became. However, as she pursues Hristina, she finds herself always having to catch up with her. In her mind, that is both unacceptable and inadequate.
IMAG0176.jpg IMAG0178.jpgIMAG0180.jpgIMAG0181.jpgIMAG0183.jpg

Lucienne Beauvilliers
IMAG0186.jpg

The antagonist. Born into a noble French family, Lucienne is a former Duchess of France, who goes on to be a prominent governess. She has so much power over the French country, that the president himself is nothing more than her marionette. Ironically, despite her high position in power, hardly anyone has seen her in person. She usually has Grace speak out for her. She operates in secret and when she’s not in her French palace with the family, she’s usually out to speak with Hristina. She catches her by surprise when she shows up wherever Hristina travels. They would discuss things with each other and Lucienne would provide Hristina with weapons; mainly handguns and daggers.

There is little clarity on who or what Lucienne Beauvilliers truly is. Her presence can cause temperatures to drop and people to feel nauseous. It’s soon discovered by Yasuo that Lucienne Beauvilliers is the same Duchess who was killed in Rome by Florentine soldiers during the French-Italian war in 1494. She could be believed to be a ghost, a zombie, a revenant, or a demon, but the influence and charisma she has is similar to that of a devil…
IMAG0114.jpgIMAG0117.jpg IMAG0119.jpgIMAG0120.jpgIMAG0124.jpg

Yasuo Watanabe

IMAG0190.jpg

A major supporting character. A colleague of Catherine who helps in pursuing Hristina. As teenagers, both he and Mei Feng lived in Yokohama’s Chinatown. One day, “The Beast” terrorized their neighborhood for a week and murdered one of their neighbors. Yasuo familiar with the criminal’s pattern and wanted to understand what would motivate someone to be so inhuman. He met Catherine one day and wanted to get involved with her once her learned that she knew who “The Beast” was. The three soon formed a taskforce that was dedicated to finding Hristina. Despite being only two years older than Catherine, Yasuo knows a lot of connections in law enforcement.
IMAG0149.jpgIMAG0153.jpgIMAG0157.jpgIMAG0158.jpgIMAG0159.jpg

Wang Mei Feng

IMAG0189.jpg

A major supporting character. A second colleague of Catherine who helps in pursuing Hristina. Both she and Yasuo grew up in the same household and had the tendency to not take things seriously. Usually nosey in finding information, she shows talent in finding evidence, asking questions, and going for important details. She admires Catherine’s character; so much to the point she wishes they were related. But despite wishing that she would be “more like Catherine,” their views about Hristina is different. Catherine sees Hristina as a powerful monster that needs to be stopped, but Mei Feng sees her as a misguided young woman that needs help. She believes Hristina was good at one point.

IMAG0143.jpgIMAG0144.jpgIMAG0145.jpgIMAG0146.jpgIMAG0148.jpg

Grace Mendoza

IMAG0188.jpg

A major supporting character. Grace was from a middleclass family in Madrid, Spain and was soon chosen by Lucienne to act as her personal representative. Lucienne claims that her reason for choosing her was because she reminded her of herself and that the other candidates weren’t good enough for thr job. Whenever there was a meeting, conference, or speech that needed Lucienne’s attention, Grace was there to act on her behalf. Passionate about politics, Grace went with Lucienne in efforts to correct what was wrong with the world. She failed to acknowledge that Lucienne knows how to corrupt the mind of anyone she wants to “use.”
IMAG0170.jpgIMAG0171.jpgIMAG0172.jpgIMAG0173.jpgIMAG0175.jpg

Zack Gales

IMAG0196.jpg

A supporting character. He’s the only living friend Catherine has left. In his youth he was very inviting, friendly, and was easy to get along with. Hristina’s intrusion of his life has left him feeling somewhat bitter. He wishes he could do something to help Catherine find Hristina and bring her to justice, but Catherine refuses his help. Occasionally, he would go into the underworld to both assist Catherine unnoticed as well as lead to an eventual confrontation with Hristina. Both choices, however, would turn out to be the biggest mistakes of his life…
IMAG0165.jpgIMAG0166.jpgIMAG0167.jpgIMAG0168.jpgIMAG0169.jpg

Lol, I love how this thread is called Reprobean children' XD I agree with Aondite. Since its SC, most designs will come off looking slightly medieval anyway but you make a good deal of them work ^_^ Also, I think modern will be easier in SC5 so be sure to recreate as well!

If you had the business suit and school stuff, it would help greatly.
I think so too. Yasuo's 1P would've looked much better with the blazer and formal pants. Since I live in the US I can't get it from the PSN store. I just tried to make due with what I had lol. I hope males characters have more clothing options in SCV. Personally, I think the female character costumes turned out better.

I've been playing around with SCV's Creation mode for some time and I've managed to come up with new costumes for a few of the characters. I'm still experimenting, so some of them are either due to change or will receive some tweeks. This thread is officially for my SCV costumes now!

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
Yasuo's 1P idea (I'll do some changes later. I actually like this more than his SCIV outfits)

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
Mei Feng's 1P idea (A cross of Chinese and Western themes. I like this)

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
Catherine's 1P idea (I'm definitely going to keep it as a 1P. I'll see if any additions/tweeks are needed)

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
2P idea (I like the "French-vibe" this one gave me and the glasses are very a nice touch. Catherine is actually a French name, despite me giving it to a Japanese character)

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
3P idea (I like this one for some reason... I'm going to unlock more equipment to see if I can make it better)

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
This...isn't her 4P. I felt like using the dlc equipment, so I put this together and then decided to play Ranked Matches with it. I remember losing one round with this outfit to a Nightmare player and they actually panned the camera on her ass when she was down. Seriously? -_-

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
Lucienne's 1P (I was going for the "dark-aristocrat" instead of the gothic this time around. Viola's moveset suits Lucienne much better as a character than Ivy's did (but I'm still going to play Ivy anyway lol). I'm going to have to make some changes to her body to prevent her from looking "too young")

Dang, I love your use of the pattern feature. Whenever I look at patterns, I alway see just goofy designs and stuff, and usually avoid them. You really bring out their potential, especially on Cathrine's 2p and Lucienne's 1p

Okay, it's time for some new screenshots. I finally came around to make some good costumes for characters like Hristina and Mei Feng. I did some additions to Catherine and Lucienne's outfits, but those were relatively minor changes. All of these are just ideas (I'm going to decided if I'll keep some as official costumes, but not until I get 100% of all equipment. I'm at 94% at the moment).

Here are more costume ideas. The other characters will get there share too.
Hristina's 1P

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_13.png

Hristina's 2P
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_19.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_20.png

I'm also an Assassin's Creed fan, so I decided to give her something based on the Assassin robes lol

This is a boss version of Hristina. As a serial killer, there comes a point when her acts literally corrupts her soul and develops a hellish visage and a feral instinct (this is just for the sake of Soul Calibur and not "exactly" canon). The best thing to compare this to is evil Cole from the inFAMOUS series. This style is Aeon instead of Setsudude

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png

[spoiler/]

Back