SB3 Updates

Ah, was getting that impression. I would have LOLed if it was true bigtime, though it would have meant a lot for the game.

Shame the tourney wasn't that good , but unlike the GG players who have got shafted a ton in the past few months, this game has its own national.

Kowtow: I'm just fucking with you.

And I think its insane that after ripping up Kowtow, Rigel, and KDZ in one go Jaxel got housed by that little bitch Bye. I hear Serge says that guy is trash.

Okay... we just got back after a 9 hour drive and I think I can honestly say this was the worst run event I have ever been to. I used to say EternalFighter and Jinmaster ran the worst events, but this was far worse. The Soulcalibur tournament had more registered players than Smash Bros, but for some reason why were completely neglected by the hosts. We were given absolutely zero casual stations, which of course means that people's first (and only) battles of the day were tournament matches. And of course, with the late start, people were waiting forever to get their matches in. God forbid Smash is run on anything less than 8 TVs and SC4 is run on anything more than 2.

Not to mention, during the Justin Wong VS MCYipes match, the hosts refused to let us continue the SC4 tournament until the match was over. They forced DigimonEmperor to delay the tournament yet another hour right in the middle. This tournament is also evidence in why you never make the brackets in advance, unless pre-registration also requires pre-payment. A LARGE chunk of players who registered didn't make it to the tournament, so there were byes and DQs flying around all over the place. Oofmatic got so many byes that he didn't play his first match until Midnight! Not to mention, people were getting DQed because they were busy playing matches in tournaments for other games!

Meanwhile, the brackets were so confusing that the TOs were unable to keep it organized. I played people I shouldn't have played and ended up in spots I shouldn't have been. There were byes in the tournament that ranked higher than me, and I actually won a few of my matches! Some people who went out in two ranked higher than me because they got 6 or 7 byes in losers. Yes, I actually got a bye in winners bracket too... but according to the brackets, I lost to it. This event was run piss poor and I absolutely will not be coming back next year. It ran on way too long and I don't believe ANYTHING should be judged by the results of this tournament.

Yes, RTD lost to WingZero, but he actually won his 2 out of 3 and they made him continue with a 3 out of 5 (when it should have only been 2 out of 3). Don't get me wrong, WingZero is definately a good player, but there were extenuating circumstances that affected the results of this tournament. KDZ should have done great in this tournament, but when he lost his first match of the night, it was already 4AM! The same goes for RTD and many others. Very few people were actually playing at the top of their game this time around; long drives and waiting 6 hours for your first match WITHOUT CASUALS will take a lot of the wind out of you. I was raring the go in the morning, but the time I had my first match, I was ready to call it a night.

This event was a major waste of time and money. Oh and ATL crew... playing you guys Sunday morning was the best thing about this tournament. I'll love to play you guys again, and remember that NJ will be better on their game at NEC. Don't expect us to roll over like we did this time.

And there you have it.

Aside from this, there is a mistake on the results page. It should say RTD 1st or 2nd place.

Ohhh, never mind, I almost forgot that the tournament was stolen from me.

After I beat Wing_Zero 2-1 in the semi-finals, I shook his hand and we said good match to each other. Then the tournament announcer said, "MICK and RTD" for the winner finals 3 out of 5.

At 3:30 am Mick forfeited the match and I advanced to the finals.

At 4:00 am, 30 minutes later, the tournament organizer told me to go back and play Wing_Zero again because he made a "mistake" and that we should play 3 out of 5 even though it was semi-winner finals.

I'm not the one to make a big fuss about anything at 4:00 am so I went along with the flow just because I wanted to get some sleep.

After Wing_Zero took full advantage of the situation to edge me out for the last hit, STD, Tom Brady, Mick, Jaxel, etc. said that my win was stolen and that they would've backed me up to dispute the situation.

Oh yeah, when the vids are posted, please don't forget to label them with a time-stamp as everyone's (except Wing and STD) performance dramatically degraded after 8:00 am.

For example, I beat STD convincingly at 4:00 pm, but 20 hours later when roosters were crowing and it was light outside again, STD was waiting for me in losers with a bottle of NO DOZ and some freshly brewed Folgers.

I saw what Wing and STD were doing with the caffeine so I went to get some coffee too, but it was so late, or early rather, that the 24 hour Waffle House was closed. So I went to Mc Donalds to buy some coffee, but they said that breakfast was over and that they were serving lunch.

I had 911 setup on speed dial because I said that if STD and Wing_Zero don't overdose, they will win this tournament.

Besides that, STD and Wing_Zero are very good players and they could have very well been the best players there. It wasn't their fault the tournament was ran this way. So props to them and solid Canada and the rest of you all.

And it was good to see everyone and Thuggish again. It was fun to hang out with my boys and shit. Until next time...

This was simply the worst run/organized tournament in the history of fighting games. (No offense to Webster, I know he tried).
QUOTE]

Gotta see this Kilik. I just picked him up again over the weekend, couldn't believe how cool he plays. I don't have the skills, but will still try w/him.

Holy Crap this tournament sounded awful. No casuals too? Terribad, forcing your competitors at this sport (yes, let's go there) to go through sleep deprivation and take drugs to perform anywhere close to their normal performance without warm up time is brutal. I for one only believe Alcohol and bud should be necessary for peak Soul Calibur performance, and tons of casuals. That shit is b.s. yo. I hope Wing had swords going through him left and right, that's the best reason to use Kilik in SC4. Take it through the chest and ignore it, you're Kilik!

Seasons Greetings 8WR

It was a shit run tournament. but whatever.

And I too will second that essentially RTD got "Rob"bed (pun intended).

But junior proved how solid he was in his FT 2 in Losers against RTD (easily best match of the tourney).

For people wondering how the hell I keep doing so well.

My 1st round matchup didn;t show so I got back my bye.

I lost to Typhoon's algol. and then

Jaxel 2-0
Mateo Galvan 2-0
Jaun (NY Hilde) 2-0
Typhoon 2-1
Ryujin 2-1 (Hardest Match of the Day)
Hudathan 2-1 (2nd Hardest...and SICK RAPH)
Jinmaster 2-0...3-0 3-0 rounds (RAPE RAPE RAPE)
BLdave 2-0...3-0 3-0 rounds

Then I lost to STD 2-1 after he beat RTD

It was a crazy weekend. I think T.O repped well but as always could have been better.

MADD PROPZ TO WING ZERO REGARDLESS HE WAS T H E B E S T PLAYER THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoever was not there dont even talk shit about how the tourney was run. If you weren't there dont talk shit unless you can run a major yourselves.

Dang that sounds like a horrible event, even on the Guilty Gear side too because I like GG. Good thing I decided not to go at the last minute.

And there you have it.

Aside from this, there is a mistake on the results page. It should say RTD 1st or 2nd place.

Ohhh, never mind, I almost forgot that the tournament was stolen from me.

After I beat Wing_Zero 2-1 in the semi-finals, I shook his hand and we said good match to each other. Then the tournament announcer said, "MICK and RTD" for the winner finals 3 out of 5.

At 3:30 am Mick forfeited the match and I advanced to the finals.

At 4:00 am, 30 minutes later, the tournament organizer told me to go back and play Wing_Zero again because he made a "mistake" and that we should play 3 out of 5 even though it was semi-winner finals.

I'm not the one to make a big fuss about anything at 4:00 am so I went along with the flow just because I wanted to get some sleep.

After Wing_Zero took full advantage of the situation to edge me out for the last hit, STD, Tom Brady, Mick, Jaxel, etc. said that my win was stolen and that they would've backed me up to dispute the situation.

Oh yeah, when the vids are posted, please don't forget to label them with a time-stamp as everyone's (except Wing and STD) performance dramatically degraded after 8:00 am.

For example, I beat STD convincingly at 4:00 pm, but 20 hours later when roosters were crowing and it was light outside again, STD was waiting for me in losers with a bottle of NO DOZ and some freshly brewed Folgers.

I saw what Wing and STD were doing with the caffeine so I went to get some coffee too, but it was so late, or early rather, that the 24 hour Waffle House was closed. So I went to Mc Donalds to buy some coffee, but they said that breakfast was over and that they were serving lunch.

I had 911 setup on speed dial because I said that if STD and Wing_Zero don't overdose, they will win this tournament.

Besides that, STD and Wing_Zero are very good players and they could have very well been the best players there. It wasn't their fault the tournament was ran this way. So props to them and solid Canada and the rest of you all.

And it was good to see everyone and Thuggish again. It was fun to hang out with my boys and shit. Until next time...

RTD is awesome.

Glad to finally be able to put faces to the names, nice meeting most of you. No casuals - poor play from me. What time did the finals actually take place?

D.I.N.O.'s voldo is not something you want to see for the first time when breakfast is cooking. It feels like fighting under water. But at the end of the day everyone fought hard for their placement and the skills displayed won't be overshadowed by the conditions.

I also would not mind looking at the final brackets. Where's Webster.

I saw what Wing and STD were doing with the caffeine so I went to get some coffee too, but it was so late, or early rather, that the 24 hour Waffle House was closed.

Sorry to step up in this thread, but I gotta ask...and Im dead serious.

How the fuck is a 24 hour Waffle House gonna be fucking closed?

OK so IMO this is how things happened.

1pm - I got to the Tournament, 3 hours early for Tekken (which I won 4th by the way with KUMA, sorry I had to add this).

Webster is by the door saying Hello to SC players which was cool.
I then went to the 10 screens available on the NW corner of the room.

I saw atleast 10 TVs with Tekken on them. Did not see any Calibur.
I was informed by Webster or someone that there were some TV's with Calibur earlier but it got changed to Tekken to get it run faster. I figured ok that's fine, it was 1pm and SC starts at 4p. I figured if they start now we can get this ball rolling.

2p - Still no tekken and still no SC.
3p - Still no tekken and still no SC.
4p - Still no tekken and still no SC.
5p - I think Tekken started about this time.

Tekken is running and hopefully running fine but still no Calibur.

6p - I got sick of waiting. I saw 2 TV's free. I took the initiative and talked to Webster. I told him we should get this going. He told me to talk to Fugee about getting the games for the system.

6:30-7p - Finally got SC started.

I got Tekken organizers to move beside us so we could split the use of the Mgaphone.
Keep in mind that I did not create or put any names in the bracket initially, meanin. I WAS ONLY calling out names in the bracket and ADDING them in if they won or not. Bracket creation were not my responsibility. Actually I wasn't even suppose to be handling this tournament and I figured I didn't want to stay all night waiting for SC to begin.

8p - still going through the first match.
9p - still going through the first match.

Around 8-9 r 9-10. I was calling out names that were not in the Bracket. Hence, Jaxel's beef with too many byes. The brackets had names that were not there. Again, not my responsibility since I did not create this bracket.

10p - still going through the first match. Eventually to Winners.
11-12a - Losers brackets got postponed because of that MvC2 $1000 money match (I believe this is where GGXX got screwed). This went on for an hour.

So basically, me and Webster were complaining that SC players do not care about MvC2 money match. Although some were participating in side bets (which was fine), we still wanted the Tournament to keep going. Keep this next line in my mind. WE WERE TOLD BY THE FUCKING ORGANIZERS OF SB3 TO STOP WHAT WE ARE DOING. We could not continue because MVC2 MONEY MATCH WAS WHAT EVERYBODY WAS WAITING FOR IN SB3. I like MvC2 just like the other guy but FUCK THAT GAME AND DELAYING US FOR 1 HOUR. So far SB3 to me is looking like it caters to 2D players. I mean, they don't care if it was 12a. I mean everybody was beat and just wanted this to end (Cha Cha who i repeatedly talked to and only had one response, great conversation though).

12a-1a - Back in the game. Going through Loser's brackets. So many people I was calling out was not there. So many people I was calling out that was not even in the EVENT. Still moving the tournament along.

1a-2a - Still moving the brackets as much as we can. With 3 TV's now thanks to Jaxel. Actually we had 3 tv's at around 10p (thanks Jaxel). I think we were back on Winners. Still skimming through them. Went for a little "calling Girlfriend break". Came back and I see Cha doing brackets which was cool cause I needed a break. Did not see Devildigimon at that time.

2a-3a - Brackets are in Winners Finals and loser are close to loser's finals. It has calmed down and people were easy to track because MOST OF THEM HAVE ALREADY LEFT. Did not have alot of onlookers after this time. Maybe 15-20 people stayed to see who will win.

3a-4a - I think this is where all the crazynezz happened. Alot of unwanted matches occured. Toronto peeps being taken out of the tournament by their own Peeps. I think it happened with ATL as well. Although don't get mad at DevilDigimon (cha left for home around this time so he came back i think an hour before). The RTD and WingZero incident happened. (Sorry I was concentrating in Tekken between 1a-2:30a and I was not doing brackets at that time. I was deep in the brackets fighting with my Kuma to get that covenant 4th place. I take no part in that situation whatsoever.) Apparently I was informed of this after but nothing I could do about it.

4a-5a - Longest stretch ever. Everybody is/was just beat but we still had to finish this thing. RTD, DINO, MICK lost to STD in that order. STD lost to WingZero.

So there you have it. Through my eyes this is what happened. Of course I could be corrected but again, I took the initiative to get this going. Still waiting on my thank yous for that (devildigimon specifically).

---------
Lots of things went wrong here and I'll name them:
-Brackets had people who were not there. Too many byes. Hence the Jaxel incident. I had no power over that. Again I was not suppose to be doing it altogether. I just felt bad and also got tired of waiting.

-People kept missing although that was reasonable to a degree. But i mean if I told you to stay put, you don't go missing for another hour. I told people in there that we are doing Losers so you have time to go out and enjoy if you are in winners.

-What pissed me off is the MvC2 match. I DON"T FUCKING CARE ABOUT THAT and neither does the SC community (maybe some) so why do we have to delay our tournament. Cater to 3D as well SB organizers. I wonder how much he walked away with that day with entry fee being $20. One wonders. People should really be calculating how much he made really. Oh wait, here's a rough estimate. To rent the place $3-4000 I'd say. almost 300-400 people and maybe more on Sunday. $6000 altogether (maybe more). How much money was pocketed for this catering 2D tournament. I say 3D players should not even bother participating next year since it clearly showed it when we got delayed and our TV's taken away. Plus he got community members running other tournaments for him. We didn't get shit. Not that I wanted anything but we got told off which pissed me off.

-The thing that pissed me off the most. $20 FUCKING DOLLARS for VENUE FEE AND WE COULD NOT BRING ANY DRINKS OR FOOD INSIDE. You should have made it $10 if that was the case. And I know you mentioned it in your initial thread but really $20 and we could not bring drinks or food inside. So basically, if we only had enough for the tournament, would die of starvation and exhaustion inside because it was not allowed. I aint spending shit on the food in there when there are BETTER choices walking distance from the venue. There was a convenience store where we can get drinks so much cheaper. Maybe he (Fujin I think it was) cut a deal with them about that as well.

-Overall, do no judge DevilDigimon harshly. He did the best he could and that's all pretty much what one person can do.

-Judge how this tournament CATERED TO 2D games. Although I would include GGXX with us since wow they got screwed.

-----
Props later. Promise
-----

NoeRussell

this might be the first time rob ever publicly sort of complained about anything. Which means this must have been a fucking travesty! Thank god i didnt go .........

Neo, don't be hard on yourself. Like I posted to NJN in the TZ thread, it wasn't your fault. You stepped up and did the best you could with the situation you were thrust into.

The problems started early in the morning. It seems the planning wasn't there and the early execution definately was not there.

Back