SCV Ivy Video Thread

Well I think some of us might be getting a bit carried away. It's true she's been nerfed with hardly any improvements(-_-) but I don't think she's crap tier yet, and I'll actually look forward to not having to change stances every time I want to use a particular move. Of course if I ever get a chance to voice my complaints to anyone influential I'll let them know how bad they fucked us over in great detail, but I digress... Out of curiosity, any word on 214A(if it's been changed since the last time we saw it?) I forget what video it was, but I remember that move having a wicked damage output when it landed a while back.

Despite the broken damage output I was hoping they would have left that in for whatever reason, to throw us a bone I guess :| But thanks.

I actually like the way this Ivy is structured too, I just don't like the removal of so many moves and the fact that her damage is so low.

Does anyone have any footage of people playing games as Ivy? I'm trying to learn her but I can't figure out how to play her properly outside of close range and wanna see what others do.

Did you check the replays from the leaderboards? It's a pain searching for an Ivy player but a few days ago I found one in the top 10 or 20 ranked, downloaded a few replays, and learned some stuff.

i was playing for a week before i learned that you don't need the directions for her 5 hit anymore. so easy now

i was playing for a week before i learned that you don't need the directions for her 5 hit anymore. so easy now

I know right? And if the frame data from the guide is right, we have a mid range i16 punish that leads to 75 damage.

:D

I still can't do that f!cking tezhas flood. I still only get the first two flashes, MAYBE the third sometimes. Sigh.

I still can't do that f!cking tezhas flood. I still only get the first two flashes, MAYBE the third sometimes. Sigh.

Try going incrementally faster in your inputs. I'm finding that the space between the 4th and 5th B is a lot smaller than between the 1st and 2nd B.

Wow, not a lot of vids in here!

Here are some of my matches... any advice?

Player matches

Ranked matches

Ivy Mirror 1/2

Ivy Mirror 2/2

most of these combos aren't guaranteed,specially 22/88 b BE 2B+K and some others...it's a shame that this Ivy needs a lot of CH to make some good damaging combos(AND against a wall)..but yet it comes in handy to expand variations to make ''new'' combos.
Great vid BTW and watching SCIV Ivy makes me miss her so much!!! :(

Back