Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't we all?
gasp.gif

i just play SC4 this morning. but if you got the money to buy a system then more power to ya. i'll just be in the back watching videos of it until i can get the money together.

That´s the spirit, bro

I would buy a PS4/Xbox One only for Soul Calibur, no doubt about it
As would I, that and Crackdown 3 and Kingdom Hearts III; otherwise, I moved on and now game almost solely on PC (I still keep my Xbox 360 just to play some of my games).

If SC6 becomes available not just on consoles but on PC (might be a thing since Namco's putting a fighting game on PC, and it's a new IP) as well without requiring terrible DRM (except Steam), that would be great because not only because it would open up a lot of potential (user-generated content, SweetFX/ENBSeries, etc) but it would also bring in the PC audience which enjoys MUGEN; a fun game which let us pit Homer against Mario, and Peter Griffin against Sephiroth.

Oh God...Mugen is garbage >.>
you can't really say MUGEN is garbage because there are tons of different versions. there are some mugens that are straight legit that i've played and some that are down right only meant to view because how broken it is. granted traxxious example wasn't exactly the best to compare the ridiculous character matchups to soul calibur.

The thing I'll agree with is that community created balance patches could in theory extend the lifetime of the game series tremendously and improve balance if the publisher has abandoned the title for financial reasons. However, the biggest problem would be the universal acceptance/adoption of such changes and there could be some people who refuse to jump to SC7 when they're still playing SC6 Project S.
As someone who only knows what he reads on this forum (so if i'm wrong, i'm wrong) there seems to be a lot of disagreeing between different regions even on whether or not to ban certain characters. That doesn't bode well, but i'm happy to be proven wrong.

I'd be much happier seeing any fighter with a business model that includes a long-term plan to release scheduled balanced patches periodically (not knee-jerk ones obviously). I'll even commit to buying silly CAS parts or retro SC music.

Whenever Soul Calibur VI gets made, Project Soul needs to stick to their guns. They did the generational jump, so they better stick with it. A lot of fighting styles were lost, so now is the time to create new characters to replace the older characters fighting styles that we miss. Kilik and Elysium could have easily been replaced with a new character that used Talim's fighting style or Hwang's fighting style. I like the idea of the generational shift, but they really need to bring back the fighting styles that didn't make in SC5.
Hoshino is no Harada. I'll tell you that much.

I would hope spin-off games would be where replaced players returned, like Tekken, yet still stuck to the story they put so much focus on (Game and Artbooks).

Last edited:
As people seem to have dreams for Soul Calibur VI, as shown in the thread "SC6 wishlist. How would YOU design it?", I feel compelled to ask another question...

What would you sacrifice to get closer to your ideal Soul Calibur game?

Realize that game development is limited by time, money, and manpower, and we can't have everything we want.

If there is to be a Soulcalibur 6 then I'd forecast it to come out in about two years, perhaps slightly more if PS are busy with other stuff (such as Rise of Incarnates at the moment).

Nyte said:
Hoshino and the rest of the team are probably working on it right now.
@Nyte : Couldn't be further from the truth.

Maybe they divided the team :
-To keep on working on Soul Calibur LS and Unbreakable Soul -> therefore, they gather funds and they keep the fan base "aware".
-The rest of the team preparing SC 6 while Hoshino manages the whole plan .

I've moved it but it has come up further up the page since it slots into when it was posted.

Maybe they divided the team :
-To keep on working on Soul Calibur LS and Unbreakable Soul -> therefore, they gather funds and they keep the fan base "aware".
You know, it really bothers me to see you guys saying they need 'funds' to make another SoulCalibur game, so you should spend money on LS and US to help them. These guys aren't some indies that's been in the industry for a half a decade. They're a multi-million dollar (if not billion) company that's been making games for decades. If they really needed funds, they would've made a kickstarter (I'm pretty sure they used money to make Lost Swords and Unbreakable Soul). They don't 'need' more funds, because they have them.

Yeah but maybe that the franchise didn't become a number one priority for Namco anymore . I honestly have a doubt one such thing, but after the relative "commercial deception" of SCV, maybe they want to construct a solid base (more funds, more time, more people in PS team) in order to boost the serie again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back