Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given their last 2 projects, LS and US, I'm unfortunately not optimistic about SC's future. They are clearly going in a certain direction that offends my personal taste, both from a gameplay and aesthetic point of view.

It all started with Sc3 and all those stun chain combos. Now it's just gone way too far. SCV plays like a cross between a SF and a Marvel game now.

Hey whatever man a lot of people like those games. There are a lot of people like me who hate those type of games with a seething loathing, and who want nothing more than to have those types of mechanics as far away from SC as possible.

It should be noted that the guy responsible for SCV's changes, his favorite FG is SF. Doesn't it make a lot more sense to have a person who prefers SC over any other to design it?

I already know what the community reaction will be ("oh no he didn't"). Spare yourselves the trouble. I don't even read the responses anymore.

Pretty sure SCVI will turn out just fine. LS and US are just pay-to-win projects on the side. No need to take them seriously.

SCIV came out in 2008 and SCV came out in 2012, so 2 more years sounds about right. Hopefully.
Given their last 2 projects, LS and US, I'm unfortunately not optimistic about SC's future. They are clearly going in a certain direction that offends my personal taste, both from a gameplay and aesthetic point of view.

It all started with Sc3 and all those stun chain combos. Now it's just gone way too far. SCV plays like a cross between a SF and a Marvel game now.

Hey whatever man a lot of people like those games. There are a lot of people like me who hate those type of games with a seething loathing, and who want nothing more than to have those types of mechanics as far away from SC as possible.

It should be noted that the guy responsible for SCV's changes, his favorite FG is SF. Doesn't it make a lot more sense to have a person who prefers SC over any other to design it?

I already know what the community reaction will be ("oh no he didn't"). Spare yourselves the trouble. I don't even read the responses anymore.
What's the point of posting your opinion in a discussion and then not reading the responses?

Considering the custom was to release a Soul game between Tekkens and that the last one was TTT2 (I'm not counting that pay to win abomination) this seems like another nail on the Soul Calibur's coffin.

http://gematsu.com/2014/07/tekken-7-leaked-uses-unreal-engine-4#uTTIeckLGJ54Uuj7.99

Tekken 7 announcement leaked. It's for the new consoles and it's gonna use Unreal Engine 4.

I think it's likely Soul Calibur 6 will follow the same steps. It is surprising they're going for UE4 as they've always made their own technology. But it makes sense if they want to cut down development time and make it easier to go multiplatform. I'm hoping this means they'll be considering PC too as Harada has been more and more pro-PC and UE4 means a PC build won't be difficult to make.

I am totally against a PC build of this game. If that were to happen, then I'm sure there will be many people going around with naked* characters and other ridiculous hacks... =/

I am totally against a PC build of this game. If that were to happen, then I'm sure there will be many people going around with naked* characters and other ridiculous hacks... =/
But it also means there's a possibility of hacking in hitbox view and ingame frame data.
PC is the master race, after all.

I think it's best if Tekken 7 is worked on first. That way, SC6 won't have to be rushed or incomplete.
True.

I have to wonder if the next gen of Namco games are on PS4. I don't have that kind of money right now ._.

People already do this on consoles. The solution is to avoid playing against the retards who do it. It's not hard.
I think it's best if Tekken 7 is worked on first. That way, SC6 won't have to be rushed or incomplete.
Tekken and SC are developed by different studios.

I am totally against a console build of this game. If that were to happen, then I'm sure there will be many people going around with naked* characters and other ridiculous hacks... =/

Yes, I am totally against a PC console build of this game. If that were to happen, then I'm sure there will be naked* characters and other ridiculous hacks... =)

But on a serious note, if Tekken 7 is going to use UE4 as it's platform engine then most likely it's flagship release will be aimed for current generation consoles meaning PS4, Xbox One. No Wii U support as there is no UE4 support for that console. It also means no last gen support so no PS3 or Xbox 360 support. But fret not, UE4 can also be deployed for iOS for iPad and iPhone! ... lol.

Oh, of course, PC and Mac supported too.

Since Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was being developed on the consoles around the same time as SCV. After SCV was released was when we began seeing a lot more press on TTT2.

Technically, Project Soul is made by members of Namco who work on other games as well. However, some only gear towards the Soul series.

Last edited:

They are both developed by same publisher - Namco Bandai but different "teams" often times with lots of internal members shifting between each team for different projects [Tekken x SC]. The game shares a similar framework and engine developed mostly "in house". Most likely if TK7 is going UE4 route then similarly all future SC titles will also follow suit.

It might not even happen. I don't think people have been able to import new models into any UE3 game on PC (not counting games with official modding tools). The engine seems really difficult to mod, and I assume UE4 is no different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back