Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate Tekken but I just can't really get into it as much as SC. Mostly because it feels slow and clunky compared to SC and also most of the roster doesn't impress me as much unlike other fighting games. I played Tekken a few years before I started playing SC, I remember and some time after I bought SC1 I found out they are both from Namco I was really shocked. I was also quite young then mind you.

But I do like Tekken more since the past few years.

So Tekken is doing better because of its earlier success. Bandai Namco simply followed the money and gave slightly more support to Tekken and its fanbase grew and followed along. These are the answers I expected, I just wanted to see if it was anything else.

This might just be my Tekken ignorance kicking in but i feel a lot of the characters on the game look if not fight similar with their styles, mostly punching and kicking (obvs the odd lazor or chainsaw from lol) The way i look at it SC's styles look and play differently with the weapons and have distinctly different animations for moves so you'd think SC would be more popular from a spectator's point of view at least lol

I played tekken 6 a long time ago, and to be honest, the characters felt kinda stiff. Movement is not as flowing as sc. I don't hate it It's just that I became more used to scv 's way of moving. everything is really fast and feels very fluid.

I am hoping Elysium comes back as a unique character - much as I enjoy the whole change characters every round thing.

Maybe something resembling Viola / Zwei, where you control her as well as some crystalline projectiles. I think the idea only really got lightly tapped on in SC5. I'd like to see much longer charges on projectile attacks, kinda like that BE Zwei has, where you can set up an attack that both you and your opponent know will land in X seconds.

The problem (for your opponent) then becomes that your opponent can't be blocked during this time or he will get hit mid whiff, but meter costs work around this.

I also had this idea of an alternative CE, where your character actually changes their style for X seconds. This would resemble soul charge from SC2, but cost 1 meter. It could radically alter the character (Viola pulls out a rapier for the next 10 seconds,) or change their attack properties (Raph pulls out an off-hand dagger and adds extra damage to his moves which only affect the animation and damage - not properties such as frame speed or stun.)

Elysium is Sophitia, and no she's quite different in moveset not just just personality to Omega. It's pretty cool when you get Omega as Elysium though, she has the Sophitia knockdowns for DNS B jf.

It's pretty cool when you get Omega as Elysium though, she has the Sophitia knockdowns for DNS B jf.
Hey, you're talking to one of maybe 3 Elysium mains in the world here.

I mean that she is Sophitia (Omega,) in the near on fullest sense. If you count the changes to all the characters from title to title she doesn't stand out.

If she was called Sophitia, looked like her and sounded like her - would you still say she just plain isn't? I am talking purely move-list wise here. I just see Sophitia with a revamped movelist, just as I see Taki with the same in Natsu - or even Mitsurugi to Mitsurugi (some pretty radical differences to his SC4 counterpart.)

If they removed Raphael in SC6, but added a new character that was extremely similar, just revamped - I wouldn't cry that they booted Raph. He's still be there as far as I'm concerned.

I played more SC3 than any other title (despite clocking my 500th hour in SC5,) and Raphael in SC5 might as well be a new character called Steve-the-Badger as far as I'm concerned - It's just THAT different.

Im not a huge fan of the switching characters thing though. Its fine that AlphaPat has Setsuka style considering the fact that she trained him but I think his moveset shouldve had more unique elements that drew back to his original style. The same goes for PyrrhaO and even Natsu .

I think Xiba is a good example of mixing a style and making it unique.

Elysium is Sophitia, and no she's quite different in moveset not just just personality to Omega. It's pretty cool when you get Omega as Elysium though, she has the Sophitia knockdowns for DNS B jf.

And added damage. :(

She does need to go though. Pyrrha is already there and both need to be combined - their differences are pretty minor.

Hey, you're talking to one of maybe 3 Elysium mains in the world here.

I mean that she is Sophitia (Omega,) in the near on fullest sense. If you count the changes to all the characters from title to title she doesn't stand out.

Well I play Pyrrha as well, but Sophitia is basically a combination of Omega and her. And when I said Sophitia is Elysium, the character is, that's why I have her as my avatar.

And added damage. :(

She does need to go though. Pyrrha is already there and both need to be combined - their differences are pretty minor.

Didn't know about the added damage, and I disagree about a minor difference between Omega and Pyrrha.

It's Heaton Buzzkill Time!

I attended StrongStyle and had the fortune of meeting Harada-san, and I even got to ask him a question! Being the huge Tekken fan that I am, I asked him: "When are we going to hear anything more about Soul Calibur?"

After a short reply, Michael Murray translated: "Well, he's not involved with Soul Calibur anymore." Something we all already knew, of course. But I was not deterred: "Right, but he's been involved with it since forever and it's still Namco...there's nothing you can tell me?"

To this he gave a fairly long answer, all in Japanese. After he was done, Murray again translated:

"Don't expect anything to come of it."

Kappa

I attended StrongStyle and had the fortune of meeting Harada-san, and I even got to ask him a question! Being the huge Tekken fan that I am, I asked him: "When are we going to hear anything more about Soul Calibur?"

If there is no SCVI, while DOA is getting a million updates and Tekken is the same game every time, I will kill someone.

Abouth clothes for SC6, I guess many people here agree that SC oversexualize women, at least most critics say that. I just saw the last update of lost sword called "SC Woman".

BzbN-bBCEAE0sC0.jpg

This is not the unique case, there are a Rabbit Football, maids, bikini, nurse, but also robots and other costumes that are not contemporary to SC makes me worry about the next SC.

The game takes place during the 17th century and I feel that the atmosphere of the game is something important, I'd rather to find more full armor size clothes like Hilde than this "SC Woman", but it seem this is going through the wrong path, I already send a tweet to Hoshino but he'll keep doing this unless most fans raise their voice otherwise we should be ready for Eroge Calibur 6.

Is there a way to make them change their mind?

TBH I thought SCV did well and all these side projects and team changes hinted on SC6 or a reboot... I guess I cant understand how these companies work at all.
I like the idea of the petition here and the tweeting and stuff (personally I tweeted Harada, Hoshino and another guy as the OP suggested), but will that work? Or do they need a big number of people to get convinced?

I dont have much time for SC nowadays (just SCLS for me unfortunately), but god I'd really love to see a SC6 announcement, that would make me so happy. If they stop the franchise it would be a pity...

After a short reply, Michael Murray translated: "Well, he's not involved with Soul Calibur anymore." Something we all already knew, of course. But I was not deterred: "Right, but he's been involved with it since forever and it's still Namco...there's nothing you can tell me?"

To this he gave a fairly long answer, all in Japanese. After he was done, Murray again translated:

"Don't expect anything to come of it."

Kappa

This only seems to verify whether or not he is involved in a new Soulcalibur.

Sure he would probably know something if it were in the works but it mightve just been inappropriate for him to confirm it if hes no longer involved in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back