Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No specific date, but i'm pretty sure it's been confirmed for 2016.

I've been following the news pretty closely, and the only things that have been confirmed are that Fated Retribution (the big arcade title update) is coming in 2016, that Tekken 7 will eventually release on PS4, and that it will have some kind of VR features when it does.

Most likely won't hear about scvi with tekken currently in namco's picture.
(´・ω・`) is there any big gaming event coming up anyways?

Most likely won't hear about scvi with tekken currently in namco's picture.
(´・ω・`) is there any big gaming event coming up anyways?
I think we'll get the announcement before E3. Maybe on March or something. So that they can show the first gameplay trailer at E3, like they did with SCV. But to answer your question, the Taipei Game Show is coming soon.
http://taipeigameshow.biz/guide.php?lang=e
It's a pretty big gaming show but i don't think we'll get an announcement there.

I think we'll get the announcement before E3. Maybe on March or something. So that they can show the first gameplay trailer at E3, like they did with SCV. But to answer your question, the Taipei Game Show is coming soon.
http://taipeigameshow.biz/guide.php?lang=e
It's a pretty big gaming show but i don't think we'll get an announcement there.
Thanks Soul. Yea I hope they would show a trailer or something before E3. It would be the best route for them.

I've been following the news pretty closely, and the only things that have been confirmed are that Fated Retribution (the big arcade title update) is coming in 2016, that Tekken 7 will eventually release on PS4, and that it will have some kind of VR features when it does.

I believe it is safe to say that the console release of Tekken 7 will be based on Fated Retribution which gives us a picture. But yes, for the moment it is just a speculation.

I had this one insane thought once "what if John Cena was the guest character for SoulCalibur VI?" I don't know what the fuck was wrong with me. But it would be cool, I guess XD
There is a King CAS pack you could get if you wanted a wrestler looking character already in SC5

I hope they add more hairstyles to Character Creation. Especially long hair styles. Or make each customisable in it's size, thickness, shape, and type.
d83baaf9591c82feb4799fe4c3101175.jpg

Creation in general could stand to be more free-form with certain elements like hair and (especially) faces. Traditionally, they've only had around 10 faces (not counting bearded variants) to choose from, with further variation only available through color and some limited bump-map altering options. Oh, and you can change the eyebrows. Cool beans. SoulCalibur has developed a bit of a reputation when it comes to having a very fleshed out character creator, but it suffers by not significantly improving the face aspect. I'm pretty sure more than half of my characters wore masks of some sort 'cause I didn't fancy seeing the same roulette of 10-20 faces repeated over a potential 50 characters.

I'm sure the engine isn't (as of Soul Calibur V) built for face-model editing, but if they want to keep and continue to grow the character creation feature, it could be a good idea to invest in designing such a system. In recent times, Fallout 4 probably produces the best quality faces with the most detailed free-form editing available, but even going the simpler route of independently swapping around premade mouths, noses, eyes, and whatnot would allow for more options than what the past games have offered.

And, it shouldn't have to be said, but... make facial hair a category separate from the faces themselves. I mean, come on, they had that in III.

As far as hair goes, the very least they could do is try to offer a custom hair system that mimics (and improves upon) what Tekken had in 6 and Tag 2, in addition to the hand-crafted hairstyles.

Well, I always talk about SCV character creation being awesome, but actually it could or even SHOULD be improved at almost everything. Faces aren't my biggest issue, since I use like 3, but there definitely should be more hairstyles and the head equipment fitted better for the hair. Almost all female hairstyles that I like cover a lot of head equipment, and there is NO hairstyle that doesn't show through Elysium's mask or the Valkyrie helm. Also they definitely have to do something with all the damn shoulderpads "levitating". Also, I want to be able to change the equipment material. I often choose some equipment that would go well together, but the material is different, and when I for example want both pieces to be white, one is beautifuly shiny and bright white, while the other one looks like crap. Obviously I'd like to see them stop doing the damn thing with modified color palette for undergarments, that really pisses me off. Another two things that I hate about SCV Creation that were in SCIV, you can't rotate the model, only the camera, and you can't change the stage. You could do both things in SCIV, so you could essentially adjust your lighting, which was quite important to me, and it's gone in SCV. Also I want to see more equipment compatibility. How bloody often do I get the message that this equipment is not compatible with something else, and I have to remove it. Sometimes it doesn't even make any damned sense, especially when trying to combine DLC parts with other. I also NEED more fucking sticker slots and I NEED more character slots, AT LEAST a hundred. I have created over 250 characters in SCV, and I only get to keep 50 of them at one time? Complete bollocks.

I can definitely agree on hairstyles; and yep, equipment compatibility too and hell; with new technology, we should have unlimited character slots; especially for PC version if Namco decides to make it and let's face it, since Namco is porting/making games for the PC now due to its profitability (I myself don't even have a PS4, Wii U or Xbone in my house); Soulcalibur and Tekken are pretty bound for that.

And again; I'm pretty sure with new technology, we will be able to get moar sticker slots and what not and this is what my ideal SC6 would be.
-Return of Chronicle of the Sword, aka the best single-player mode in a fighting game.
-No guest characters. Soulcalibur III was better for not having guest characters. Focus on making the game great, don't do character tie-in; especially if they violate the rules of the Soulcalibur universe.
-Allow for user-generated content, like hairstyles and what not. If Fallout 4 can have mods on consoles (although console mod library won't be as big as PC mod library), then Namco should be able to have this across all platforms, although expect out-of-place, lore-unfriendly hairstyles in your library. Also if someone uses UGC; have them either can't play online with those UGC or have the UGC pieces downloaded to the other player's platform (Xbox One or PC, for example).
-Have cosmetic DLCs again, release maps and characters for free. Cosmetic DLC aka CAS pieces. Rocket League has a similar business model.
-Release SC6 not just on consoles, but for PC. Maybe even release older Soulcaliburs (3-5) on PC and in HD first to give gamers a taste of the series.
-Don't try to make the game accessible for babies, too many games are doing this now.
-Take your time, make this game great so we can get a Soulcalibur that is "Overwhelmingly Positive" on Steam (the only people that have credibility when it comes to reviews are Steam user reviewers).

If they bring it to PC, and they should considering that some of us are sick of MS and Sony's antics I hope they...
-Don't tie the physics to framerate. Lemme go at 144fps if I want to.
-Bring in good options, like Ambient Occlusion (this option mah favorite), godrays, different kinds of antialiasing (MSAA, FXAA, SMAA, TXAA), softer shadows (playing SC5 on the 360 bugged me when it came to this), borderless windowed and other options that would make TotalBiscuit orgasm.
-Maybe bringing cross-play isn't a good idea, as us PC gamers would have to wait for the peasant to get in the game for two minutes while we jump in instantly with our SSDs and what not.
-Make this game AMD-optimized, because then both AMD and NVIDIA can have good times.
-Add in dat local multiplayer, mateys. I like having friends over for Soulcalibur and having friends over for Soulcalibur on PC with amazing graphics would be pretty sweet.

The problem with framerate is is that for fighting games, it is absolutely integral to certain parts of the game. Allowing variations in framerate might completely mess up the game. For example, Mitsurugi's AA is i13, meaning it impacts in 13 frames. So, yeah, messing with that might not be the best idea.

-Release SC6 not just on consoles, but for PC.
I would like to see that, because I won't be getting a PS4 until at least SCVI, Shenmue III and Final Fantasy VII Remake all come out, because otherwise I would have almost nothing to play on it, but I have a decent PC where I could at least try SCVI before buying the PS4 and SCVI on it. Thank heavens I can use DualShock 4 on both PS3 and PC, I bought it seperately and it is now my primary controller and it is friggin awesome, so I could use a real controller on my PC for fighting and racing games, because playing fighting games on a keyboard is bollocks.

The problem with framerate is is that for fighting games, it is absolutely integral to certain parts of the game. Allowing variations in framerate might completely mess up the game. For example, Mitsurugi's AA is i13, meaning it impacts in 13 frames. So, yeah, messing with that might not be the best idea.
You can actually"study" the framarate and the moves and all that in SCV in Training by pulling off the Tira slow mo glitch. I use it sometimes and it's great fun, also nice to see all the moves perfectly. Definitely try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back