Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can actually"study" the framarate and the moves and all that in SCV in Training by pulling off the Tira slow mo glitch. I use it sometimes and it's great fun, also nice to see all the moves perfectly. Definitely try it out.

there's a reason @Slade exists and even then, there are programs which'll help measure the frame data for you

Preview.jpg

The problem with framerate is is that for fighting games, it is absolutely integral to certain parts of the game. Allowing variations in framerate might completely mess up the game. For example, Mitsurugi's AA is i13, meaning it impacts in 13 frames. So, yeah, messing with that might not be the best idea.

This is something I don't fully understand. I always assumed that impact animation were tied to real-time units (say i13 = 217ms) and not the display frame rate. I mean I don't think 2d games with animated sprites have the budget to fully animate 60fps and instead cheat a bit by repeating certain frames of animation.

...with new technology, we should have unlimited character slots; especially for PC version if Namco decides to make it...
A lot more of slots for creation is something mostly everyone's been badgering about. And yes, I also would agree for more Creation slots.

...And again; I'm pretty sure with new technology, we will be able to get moar sticker slots and what not and this is what my ideal SC6 would be.
-Have cosmetic DLCs again, release maps and characters for free. Cosmetic DLC aka CAS pieces...
Tekken players had almost NOTHING to complain about the TTT2's DLC content Harada provided. They even said that PS should be taking notes from TTT2.

-Release SC6 not just on consoles, but for PC.
I don't think I'll have plans on buying a console (PS4, XBOX ONE, OR the WiiU). Only real problem with that, is my PSN friends, I will no longer connect with if they snatch the PS4.

...Maybe even release older Soulcaliburs (3-5) on PC and in HD...
If they were to release those BEFORE they release a SC6, that probably would mean the devs at PS have ran out of good marketing ideas, or they will not be planning on making the next real game. Another thing is if they think they'll make revenue from releasing the older titles to make funds to make SC6 and the sales fail, guess what... no more further SC games at all not to mention a SC6. It'll be a bad business move.

...-Make this game AMD-optimized, because then both AMD and NVIDIA can have good times...
Oh, that would be good.

I would like to see that, because I won't be getting a PS4 until at least SCVI, Shenmue III and Final Fantasy VII Remake all come out, because otherwise I would have almost nothing to play on it, but I have a decent PC where I could at least try SCVI before buying the PS4 and SCVI on it. Thank heavens I can use DualShock 4 on both PS3 and PC, I bought it seperately and it is now my primary controller and it is friggin awesome, so I could use a real controller on my PC for fighting and racing games, because playing fighting games on a keyboard is bollocks.

^ Hmmmm, that.

That sure would be nice. Didn't stupid Dead or Alive have that? We should too.

And yeah. The game needs to have a great story. Not the patchwork Pyrrhafest thing we got in SC5 with most other characters barely getting a mention. All characters need to have endings too.

An awesome opening cinematic and song like Soul Blade would be great too. I remember how blown away I was by that, wow, 20 years ago already.

Dead or Alive is pretty fun ;n;

1: Yep, very true.

2: Wasn't Tekken Tag Tournament 2's DLC released for free? Because I remember them being released in free updates since I rented the game from a library back when I was a console pheasant.

3: Perhaps you could get your friends to build some PCs, maybe even build some for them. Hell, showing them the power of PC gaming is a good idea too.

4: I thought the reason for that was to pique the interest of gamers in the Soulcalibur series, as Capcom had done that with Resident Evil.

I know the wait feels long but would you want a Soulcalibur of Duty, or a Soulcalibur Theft Auto? I'd rather have the latter.

I mean, PC is objectively superior to console. Console is just more user-friendly.
Hmm, bans preventing you from downloading games/DLC you own (this coming from someone whose PSN account back on PS3 was banned twice), monthly subscription fees, mandatory updates that don't let you do anything else (in Steam I can work on my own video game, browse the web or play another game while an update downloads), fixing hardware on your own voids warranty, frequent server downtimes, very low number of actually good exclusives, yeah; there's more reasons but I don't see how consoles are user-friendly anymore. It's Current Year, I can't see why these multi-billion companies can't step it up with actually good services. Consoles are just mini-PCs now, but without the features that actually makes PC great in the first place.

Now, for Soulcalibur VI; I hope to fucking Khorne it's not a Mortal Kombat X or Fallout 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back