Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see her as a main character. That would be awkward lol.
I still think Mitsu is going to be the main character.

Nightmare would be a cool main character.

Although Talim being the main OR a main character may be wayward, I DID see a design for something else.
I saw a picture of a warrior in an armored suit. I looked at the weapon the warrior was carrying. It definitely look like Soul Edge. But then I look at the helmet and thought, 'Oh, that FOR SURE is Nightmare.' I was also thinking, 'Will THIS be how Nightmare would/will look in the next installment?'
The only weird thing I found that I'm sure in actually would be far fetched was the contour of the armor looked like it was made for a woman. Noticing that, I still shook my head and said, 'No... I'm not going to believe or assume that the armor is.'

Just saying, Talim as a main character would make 50x more sense than a man going around stabbing anyone he thinks is pale and filthy. Kappa
And she is the only other person with purifying spiritual power as well as the biggest example of a good chacracter lol. But for all it's worth I'd just cry rainbows to see her return. X')
Well, that's the entire point of Pat's character...

He wasn't supposed to start out as the ideal hero.

He was meant to start out as a flawed character before realizing the error of his ways and working to atone for his actions and improve himself as a person.

Pat was meant to be a successor of Siegfried, so it's no surprise that his character progression would be similar to his.

The reason why I think Talim would make a not good protagonist is because she is morally flawless. She virtually has no qualities that would impact her in a negative way that she would need to work past or around, leaving virtually no room for character development.

Talim is perfect, and that's boring.

Well, that's the entire point of Pat's character...

He wasn't supposed to start out as the ideal hero.

He was meant to start out as a flawed character before realizing the error of his ways and working to atone for his actions and improve himself as a person.

Pat was meant to be a successor of Siegfried, so it's no surprise that his character progression would be similar to his.

The reason why I think Talim would make a not good protagonist is because she is morally flawless. She virtually has no qualities that would impact her in a negative way that she would need to work past or around, leaving virtually no room for character development.

Talim is perfect, and that's boring.
He didn't develop if you ask me. It took time travel to fix how terrible his character was.
Actually, Talim does have flaws. She lacks confidence in herself and I'm not sure if it's canon, but killed Necrid as she couldn't save him. You're right that it would be hard to develop her character. She'd served better as a moral guide or support character for someone who's corrupt, in trying to help them redeem themselves or something.

To all the haters, the people who love her are much more in number. Bwahahhahahah.

A few brutally honest things I have to say : Even though Talim is one of my favourite SC characters (having her as a profile pic doesn't mean I'm obsessed with her, and that she's my ONLY favourite character in the goddamn series) I don't think that having her as a main character again would work. I just have a weird feeling that it wouldn't work, and that making it the ol' way, as I said earlier, where you can consider all Sieg, Xia, Sophie, Kilik and possibly also Maxi and Mitsu (I don't think Mitsu ever had any significant impact on the overall story, but he is pretty much as classic of a character as you can possibly get) as the main characters, which have always felt like the main characters of the entire series to me. And Talim somehow doesn't fit in there. Probably because there are no interesting changes in her character or.... Well, anything. She just remains the same, perfectly pure all the time. And that just doesn't work as a main character. And she's just a 15 year old girl after all. And she feels even younger than that.
Also, about the whole Patroklos thing, I agree that his change to aPat was good, and I actually like aPat, but they shouldn't have started with such an asshole, because that's the root of all the hate towards him. The worst thing about SCV story for me personally was having to... Get rid of Elysium. I'm not obsessed with Talim, but I will admit that I am obsessed with angels and pretty much all holy things, so having the embodiment of the ultimate holy weapon that is an angel (feel more like a god to me, actually) that I can use was the second biggest reason why I even bought SCV (Creation being the first), since most of my fav. characters were gone in SCV. And having to.... Wipe out Elysium in SCV story with such an asshole as Patroklos is (yes, even after the change to aPat) is just unbearable to me.

Talim is a love/hate relationship for me. I can't smash her with bricks, because I wouldn't feel right trying to. How she would fit in SCVI is simple as: I detect a bad wind, and I got to stop it. Same old Talim except she's grown up and more fierce, yet retains the kind hearted spirit.

Zasalamel can fit in SCVI. Same old reincarnation curse, but we could make him a younger one who is learning his ancestor roots.

Yun-Seong should of returned as a matured Korean rival to Maxi or something.

Raphael should just fuse with Graf Dumas and become Nightmare already. There's enough source to make him the new antagonist and fuse his rapier style with soul edge.

Raphael is done with Soul Edge after SCV. If he was doing anything it'd be looking for Amy.

ae5a3d9f74dc20749c69339df83372d8.png

"Graf Dumas" is gone and Raph is really in no place to be a villain, or at least not a main antagonist.

Raph's story and personality turned stale after SCII. He really needs something new added besides the whole I got no life besides looking after my daughter who may be in love with a werewolf blah blah.

o noez my fighting game had a bad story

wat do

I actually very much enjoy contoursion of tropes/stereotypes. You wouldn't expect someone like Elysium to be evil, which makes it better. The facade isn't always the inside.

It didn't have to be that way (and it fucking shouldn't have) if the story wasn't ass.
It's been hinted for a while that SC was evil...

Just because she an angelic appearance doesn't mean she is a good person. Because light isn't always good.

In SCV's bad ending, she would have frozen over the world and made Patroklos the Soul Calibur equivalent of Nightmare to reach her goal of "maintaining order".

...Yun-Seong should of returned as a matured Korean...
I always thought he should lose his flippant ways and become older and much more mature. He was vying to protecting his country and I think it would be suitable that he be promoted to Captain or Admiral, or at most or least General of his fleet. To really show his maturity, he could regain his stance from SCII in order to not make him seem showboat-ish during his battles.

I liked the way you displayed that.

Really I was thinking that the reasons out "shat" Elysium was because she was made in Patroklos' vision, and that those three sacred treasures that were collected to resurrect Soul Calibur, weren't the real treasures. At least, one of them I suspect weren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back