The Dreams Thread

Just saw this pretty cool video about dreaming.

I didn't know that about the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex and lucid dreaming. If only there were something to take that would reliably keep that part awake... I would sleep 10 hours a night.

Just saw this pretty cool video about dreaming.

I didn't know that about the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex and lucid dreaming. If only there were something to take that would reliably keep that part awake... I would sleep 10 hours a night.

I dream about you all the time UnseenWombat. You are one sexy white man.

I dream about you all the time UnseenWombat. You are one sexy white man.
What did you think of my commentary though in that one stream where you saw me? I think I did pretty good on commenting about the technical aspects, but I wasn't hype enough. :\

I have been playing and watching a lot of Residnet Evil lately. Been playing RE5 and editing RE4 videos I also played dead space 2 weeks ago. Crazy shit man.
Yah being traped in a house is very Resident Evil 4, enhance body parts is very Dead Space.

What did you think of my commentary though in that one stream where you saw me? I think I did pretty good on commenting about the technical aspects, but I wasn't hype enough. :\

You were smooth and sexy. It was soothing yet invigorating to hear you. Pure hotness.

I had a really scary one last night.

My brother in law was playing some kind of God of War game. And it was like full immersion VR. He was in the game slaying monsters and stuff. But it wasn't gods, it was an alien apocalypse. There were these spaceships flying over that moved kinda like manta rays, flapping their sides. I was also in the game, and someone else IDR, but we were just observing while my brother in law played. We were walking around slapping hot alien girls on the butt, and they would get all confused because they couldn't see us.

Then IDR what happened, but I was out of the game, and I somehow knew the alien apocalypse was real. I was at home, and we were getting things ready because something bad was going to happen. IDR what it was, but I knew that part of it was that the aliens were gonna shut off the power and it was somehow gonna make us more vulnerable.

I didn't have a lot of time, but I had to run out to our barn to do something. Set some stuff up or something. I got back there and it was different from our real barn, there was a screen room, like we used to have in the house I grew up in. I went inside and saw there was a cat hanging from some beam over a loft. This distressed me greatly because I love cats. I kept doing whatever it was, and then I realized I forgot something. I ran back to the house and then back to the barn, scared that I would be caught outside when the aliens came. I got in the screenroom and kept working when I saw this little girl standing outside the screen door.

She was crying and I knew she wanted me to let her in, but I wasn't sure if she was an alien, so I was like, um, nope.jpg. We stood there for a minute and then, yep, (red text for nightmare mode engaged) sure enough, she smiles this disturbing distorted smile and she had a mouth full of long pointy sharp teeth. She was yelling and banging on the door, which had the glass in over the screen. I was so scared. I gently checked the handle to make sure it was locked, because if it wasn't I didn't want to accidentally open it, but it was. We stood there with her yelling and banging on the door until I woke up.

It was already pretty close to time to wake up, so I couldn't really fall back asleep very well.

I had a dream where I saw most of the Soul Calibur stories happen (the parts that we don't know about) and it all made sense. There were literally no plot holes with the Alexandra's storylines. I woke like "HOLY CRAP, ASDFGHJKLL" but I couldn't find anything to write it down, then forgot why I was looking for stuff to write on. I continued with my day till I remembered why I needed it and then realized I forgot the dream. FFFUUUU....

Alisa and Xiao BFF's of course. ^^ And I played a little Kuni right before bed. I played like all evening too. Much longer than usual.
Oh ok. If you said Zafina, then I'd be like playing her is a curse thus the nightmare haha. I like all 3 of those characters you play btw. My type of girls. Add Asuka and I will be content. ^^;

that sounds freaking horrible :(

I had a dream yesterday evening ( I was taking a nap) and all I remember is that it was Halloween and I was walking towards this run-down house in the middle of the woods. The woods were extremely creepy and there was fog everywhere. Anyway, so I make it to the house and I know I was looking for something but I couldn't find it. It was frustrating me and I was about to leave but something told me to move forward. So I did and then suddenly I felt this HUGE crushing sensation all over my body. It felt like my abdomen was ready to pop, then suddenly I realized it was a demon. It was laughing at me and making fun of me telling me I couldn't escape. I started praying to God and asking for his help to rebuke the demon and the more I did that the tighter I got squeezed. It wanted me to stop but I said I wouldn't stop and I could feel my self getting angry in RL. Like I felt my face frowning. Anyways, I kept praying to God and suddenly the squeezing started getting week and I prayed to God for a sword made of light and when I looked to my right hand I saw a sword made of light. I impaled the sword inside the invisible force that was grabbing me and suddenly it dropped me on the floor and I woke up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what the woods looked like.
n.jpg

This is what the house looked like.
index.jpg
This is what the sword looked like.
images.jpg

Did you guys notice all sentences with the spoilers are all equal size?

Had a few dreams where I knew I was dreaming but couldn't do anything. Like I realized I was dreaming once and I was in a car and within two seconds of me realizing the car crashes...

I was in some forest once and I realized I was dreaming and almost immediately darkness just swarmed around me with a really ominous noise and it scared the shit out of me and I woke myself up. So I woke up and even with my eyes open this white mask forms itself in my eye sight, crystal clear. One eye was dark and other had an eye which was looking at me. Closed my eyes and it went, wtf brain.

Haha, your brain is so crazy when it's asleep. I've had a couple times where I got lucid and it went black right away. I find you just have to wait it out. Eventually a new scene will materialize. Another thing to try is spinning around. For some reason that usually works to change the scene.

I've had so many nightmares that once I realize I'm having one, I can choose to wake up at any point after. That's as far as controlling my dreams go though.

Had another weird one.

I was at this tournament for Tekken Tag, and I was about to play casuals with Rip. And at first I was like thisisn'tgoingtogowellforme.jpg, but I started playing and it was so crazy. I was using Law for some reason (I have never played Law even once) and I was actually winning! I was using a PS3 pad, and I put the analog stick under my eyelid and started controlling the character by moving my head and hand around. I pressed buttons with my right hand, and I was still winning! Then I was like "LOL, what an OP p.o.s. character." I then tagged out and I had Xiao as the partner. I was doing even better with her, because I knew what I was doing, still doing directional inputs with my eyelid.

And that's all I remember.

Finally had a lucid dream...

...and woke up as soon as I realized.

:(
Yeah, that's how my first time went too. The first advice is obvious, try to keep calm when you realize it. The second technique that helps a lot is to rub your hands together if you feel yourself losing it. If you're trying to do something though that's intrinsically exciting though, (because really that's the whole point of lucid dreaming) and can't calm dow with any ttechnique, the best thing is nicotine patches. If you're already a smoker, they won't help, but if not, they're amazing for keeping you in your dream no matter what crazy awesome things are going on. When I used to be into it hardcore, I would cut a 7 mg one into thirds iirc, because the whole 7 mg made me sick once I woke up.

Yeah, that's how my first time went too. The first advice is obvious, try to keep calm when you realize it. The second technique that helps a lot is to rub your hands together if you feel yourself losing it. If you're trying to do something though that's intrinsically exciting though, (because really that's the whole point of lucid dreaming) and can't calm dow with any ttechnique, the best thing is nicotine patches. If you're already a smoker, they won't help, but if not, they're amazing for keeping you in your dream no matter what crazy awesome things are going on. When I used to be into it hardcore, I would cut a 7 mg one into thirds iirc, because the whole 7 mg made me sick once I woke up.

Do you think it's better to do lucid dreaming sitting or lying down?

Back