The good old pirate is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not as fond to light purple, and light shades of red, dashed in with a little pink and violet with some man-cleave as, I guess you, or a drag queen is. The dude looks more like the Berries in Cap'n Crunch rather than the Captain himself.

And outfit opinions = personal taste.
Placing well, consistently, throughout the game(s) = level of mastery/knowledge of game.

You don't know how to read right? I DON'T LIKE IT EITHER! it needs color edition, but I prefer this human Cerv over the zombie pirate.

You don't know how to read right? I DON'T LIKE IT EITHER! it needs color edition, but I prefer this human Cerv over the zombie pirate.
I do know how to read.

Azazel said:
He just needs color edition, but overall is a good design and I do like it, of course those who started on SCIV will bitch around, but I couldn't care less about comments from people that just started on the saga and now they think they are masters.

Azazel said:
started on SE and is SCV needs improvement but is not a drag. Outfit opinion = level of knowledge of the saga

I think you're missing the point. I don't mind if you like or don't like his costume. What's laughable is your statements and implications of personal taste towards outfits equals a level of mastery to the game and/or level of knowledge via saga. from what you've said, I read that if you think Cervantes' new outfit looks like the Vegas strip, excluding the bitches, you lack knowledge of the game/you suck/you perceive yourself to be a master of the game. Which is horribly, horribly, wrong.

I really wonder what his story will be like now with this new body. And I can't wait to see what kind of moves he can do.

For some reason I dont feel as if they used enough detail for him like they used to do.
356px-CervantesdeLeon.jpg

the only thing im hoping for with cervantes, is that he isnt a broken character anymore than people can just spam teleports all match

the only thing im hoping for with cervantes, is that he isnt a broken character anymore than people can just spam teleports all match
Cervantes wasn't broken. If the teleport you're referring to is when he teleports above you, just sidestep or guard impact them. Unless you're fighting online under horrible lag, then gg.

I actually rahter like his new look. You can actually see the resemblence between him and Ivy, like the hair color and skin tone.
Ever since SC2 I've looked at Cervantes and Ivy and gone "... But they look nothing like eachother."
Now they have eachothers skin, hair, and eyes. It's kinda neat.

Cervantes wasn't broken. If the teleport you're referring to is when he teleports above you, just sidestep or guard impact them. Unless you're fighting online under horrible lag, then gg.

Even with Sieg's horrible step I'm like "lol free backside throw, thx" I think I lost one match online when I first got the game on release day to a Cerv shadow flare spammer. Wasn't really expecting it since my friend plays a legit Cerv. Never happened again when I get the impact timing down. After that I learned I could just get around and get a free unbreakable throw.

You can pretty safely gauge your opponents skill as a bottom feeder if they spam it a lot.

The pirate's 2P better have a wooden peg leg. No hook hand needed as he has to hold on to the swords somehow. Eyepatch is too cliche, and the parrot on the shoulder would be too too overpowered.

I think you're missing the point. I don't mind if you like or don't like his costume. What's laughable is your statements and implications of personal taste towards outfits equals a level of mastery to the game and/or level of knowledge via saga. from what you've said, I read that if you think Cervantes' new outfit looks like the Vegas strip, excluding the bitches, you lack knowledge of the game/you suck/you perceive yourself to be a master of the game. Which is horribly, horribly, wrong.

If you think Cervy's new outfit is good then you are indeed terrible at playing Soul Calibur.

Go ahead, try and argue with me. I dare you.

If you think Cervy's new outfit is good then you are indeed terrible at playing Soul Calibur.

His outfit is decent. I personally like it better than most of the previous outfits he had but that might just be bias to the alcohol he is drinking in his artwork. Makes him look carefree and arrogant which is what a pirate of his ability should act-like.

I will admit that this new design is likely done in a way to try and appeal to people of the Pirates fandom which has sprouted since the last game was released but hey I think it is acceptable. Not great by any standards but it fits and will possibly help bring people into the game that would have no interest.

More people playing the game casually is not a bad thing. It raises profit for the company and makes it so that they succeed and will hopefully release sequels in the future. It also does nothing to tournament players because they are buying the game for a different reason than casual players. A win-win.

also just because someone has a different opinion than you on clothing does not mean someone is bad at the game it just means they may or may not have good fashion tastes. It has nothing whatsoever to do with how someone plays a game.

I would, but I believe we're in agree-ance with his outfit. He looks like he's ready for a "girls night out."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back