The Intro-vent Lounge

So true...
Forgot to attach your picture, Pas...

cb0of36ce8j1tjyeu.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist...:)

URL][IMG]

I am baxben7. The only Soul Calibur games I have played are two, three, four, and Broken Destiny. Never had five. I never tinkered much around in CAS. I have made only two CAS characters. They are El Cheapo, an evil Kilik spammer. And Tanya, my cat. The character I play as most is Talim. :sc2tal1: The picture here is my CAS El Cheapo.
e.jpg

Last edited:
why.

Because i like you da big oaf ! why don't you come by and visit sometimes, kinda miss your serious / i mean business reviews :(

First things first. Post your thread, then I'll tell you how horrible you are.

I concur ! court dismissed

I visit all the time. I just don't say anything.

I get too lazy to write complete, exhaustive reviews nowadays and I don't like to post incomplete, non-specific ones, but if something really good gets posted, especially if it's by a newcomer, then I usually take time to post something.

It is cool Pas :)
Don't worry about us old nags, i have also been trying to support the youngblood lately

i'm Vincent Rayne.
name here :P
<---

i've been into CaS big time since SC4. i didn't get into SC3 because i only had the game rented so i wasn't able to get far and acquire multiple parts/clothing. but I've been an author and artist since middle school and take pride in the characters i've made since then till now, through all these years. Every single one of my CaS are completely original. you won't see any monkey d luffy's, no clouds, no ninja turtles. just 100% my characters. in SC5 i've been just making a batch of characters based on what novel i'm working on. Since I'm in progress with a novel right now it's time to hit that workshop again pretty soon. the genre i like dabbling in the most is Gothic fashion and Lolita fashion. both can range pretty wide in terms of looks so I feel comfortable making plenty of characters with them all looking different and distinguishable. and yes i love using the color black. and yes i use red with it on several occasions. and yes i know that color combination is too safe. i have others. lately, i've been dabbling in the primary White color of Lolita fashion though. oh and the gothic style i'm referring to is international with the exception of Lolita cause that originated and dominates Japan.

--end intro.

i'm Vincent Rayne.
name here :P
<---

i've been into CaS big time since SC4. i didn't get into SC3 because i only had the game rented so i wasn't able to get far and acquire multiple parts/clothing. but I've been an author and artist since middle school and take pride in the characters i've made since then till now, through all these years. Every single one of my CaS are completely original. you won't see any monkey d luffy's, no clouds, no ninja turtles. just 100% my characters. in SC5 i've been just making a batch of characters based on what novel i'm working on. Since I'm in progress with a novel right now it's time to hit that workshop again pretty soon. the genre i like dabbling in the most is Gothic fashion and Lolita fashion. both can range pretty wide in terms of looks so I feel comfortable making plenty of characters with them all looking different and distinguishable. and yes i love using the color black. and yes i use red with it on several occasions. and yes i know that color combination is too safe. i have others. lately, i've been dabbling in the primary White color of Lolita fashion though. oh and the gothic style i'm referring to is international with the exception of Lolita cause that originated and dominates Japan.

--end intro.

Excellent intro, and i remember you talking about novels.
I am about to post one myself, on this board, in my thread, if you are into Vanilla.
It ain't Gothic or Lolita at all, it is Vanilla, as in Heroic Fantasy...

I mean if i technically can post it...

What's your novel about, except your chars of course ?

Hey, Vincent! :D Now that he's here, that reminds me... Quick question for you guys!

What's your stance on bio data or story?
Being a writer, I am a total sucker for any kind of fun little extras that elucidate on a character's... well, character! If your CaS has one page of story, one paragraph description or even a tiny little dialogue blurb, it's like giving a cat a ball of yarn for me XD And if it can make me laugh, well then I will love you forever XD

So what do you guys think? Character bios - fun extras or tacky tack-ons?

What's your stance on bio data or story?
The whole point of CaS is, albeit a watered-down version of the real deal, character design. You can't have a complete character without bio data/story, so it never hurts to have those, at least for original characters. Often times, though, you just want to mess around with the editor and make something cool-looking, so just doing that isn't bad, either.

Sup y'all. I'm BruceGe, and I'm the go-to CaS reviewer on this site. I make almost exclusively female creations since I find it easier to design something I'm already attracted to. My hobbies are everything but science and going on several month-long hiatuses from 8WR at random. Drop me a PM if you want a review on your thread.

@KiraxSummers: As a voracious reader, I'm also a real sucker for chara-bios. Make that thread ASAP! Oh, and do you write bios for other people's CaS's?

@KiraxSummers: As a voracious reader, I'm also a real sucker for chara-bios. Make that thread ASAP! Oh, and do you write bios for other people's CaS's?
Haha, thank you for your interest! XD That reminds me... I haven't yet checked into your thread, have I? Better do that!
Anyway, I'm a writer (and a pretty good one, at the risk of sounding narcissistic ^^;) for all seasons and I'd be happy to do something for my fellow CaS artists ;) If you (or anyone) would like me to write something for you, feel free to PM me the details! :D
I've been lazy messing with my originals and their bios. Some time in the near future, I'll post them and such.
Yay! :D We miss our awesome mod's quirky CaS XD

Last edited:
Excellent intro, and i remember you talking about novels.
I am about to post one myself, on this board, in my thread, if you are into Vanilla.
It ain't Gothic or Lolita at all, it is Vanilla, as in Heroic Fantasy...

I mean if i technically can post it...

What's your novel about, except your chars of course ?
My novel is modern fantasy in a future setting. It's more like ghost in the shell because even though it's in the future a lot of buildings and cities retain the look of how they are in out current time.
Flying cars still don't exist but to see androids and cyborgs is a common thing. Technology has, of course, advanced so even things like paper are almost completely obsolete and most of world is dominated by urban cities.
But that's just the setting in a nut shell.

The novel is about different realms that exist side by side. They are like different dimensions to put it roughly. These realms all recognize and coexist with each other. Most realms are said to exist and harmonize around each element with only a few realms that are an exception. earth is one of those exceptions since it consist of every element. Other realms that are exceptions are the realm of life and the void realm. The life realm is the only place that remains neutral. the life realm is a place of peace and healing. so they stay away from any and all conflict.

the void realm is a place that no one from any other realm knows about. no one can get to it. it's surrounding by super violent storms as well as a dense forest that is home to many ungodly creatures. all is known that so far two people have come, claiming to be from the void realm and both have almost led to Earth's destruction.

basically, in a short description;

"Earth is being invaded. not by aliens. not by monsters, or at least i don't think of us that way. I don't know about the rest of my people but i like humans. Back home we didn't have video games, cool television shows, music, or anything of entertainment how humans see it. I've been on Earth for a while. Aria, our leader so to speak, says it's to 'plant seeds.' she says it's part of the takeover. Middle Realm is a crucial taking point for us to gain an advantage in this war. We've been in the background for a while. stirring up trouble where we can. turning people against each other. WE are a very patient sort of people. The only people in the way of our plans right now are Earth's Guardians. They are pretty strong and have a very strong influence. not to mention it's, totally, impossible to get near one of them without them knowing who we are. But hey! none of that is my job to figure it out. I'm a pop/rock star. I have people hired to figure out all that complicated stuff. All i know is that when we take over, video games and anime will still survive at least. I'll see to that personally!"

-Amie

-----

it's a little rough but it's a rough type of insight from one of the characters about the novel. of course there's way more to it. it's an adventure novel too. i haven't done one in a while but there will be quite a bit of traveling in this one. probably better to read it than let me explain the whole thing to you though. this series has been going on since my middle school years after all.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/moonlight-revelation.16139/

and a link to my CaS for the novel leading into this one^

http://8wayrun.com/threads/vincent-raynes-darkrose-realm.14925/

Heh. It's interesting how a character creation can draw writers to a game. I'm no different in that regard though lol

I'm REPROBEAN_CHILD. I've been familiar with the soul series, but SCIV was the first one I owned. Eventually, I progressed with Broken Destiny and SCV (Lost Swords is definitely next). So far, I've been digging the series character creation. All of the characters I've made with it are original; more specifically, they're based on characters from my original work. I'm also a writer. In fact, "Reprobean Children" used to be an early title. Back then, the story was heavily supernatural/fantasy with superpowers. But then the "Reprobean" concept severely convoluted the plot and I wanted the world to still be realistic, so I had to get rid of it. At least it gave me a cool username.

I used to make a lot of characters from the story (over 20 in SCIV), but I only found myself using a few of them and abandoning others. I did some restructuring and just kept in the characters I liked the most (which were the main characters) and just gave them different outfits. In the end, the number was cut down to seven and I gave them different outfits to make up for lost numbers. Each character has their own clothing style. The world of Soulcalibur is obviously in the middleages, but I still brought out a lot of modern styles from the creation. You could check them out in my thread from my signature.

As I mentioned before, I mainly use seven characters. I posted bios of each character on this site at one point, but I removed them, since certain details could be changed, added, or removed at any time (and I don't think this site needed them anyway). But here is a quick look at them.

Hristina.png
Hristina Veneva

Catherine.png
Catherine Furukawa

Lucienne.png
Lucienne Beauvilliers du Chartres

Mei Feng.png
Wang Mei Feng

Yasuo 2P (D) - Copy.jpg
Yasuo Watanabe (He's no longer used, but I think he should at least have a mention)

Grace.png
Grace Mendoza

Abigail.png
Abigail Veneva

Ubasti.png
Ubasti

Last edited:
Heh. It's interesting how a character creation can draw writers to a game. I'm no different in that regard though lol

I'm REPROBEAN_CHILD. I've been familiar with the soul series, but SCIV was the first one I owned. Eventually, I progressed with Broken Destiny and SCV (Lost Swords is definitely next). So far, I've been digging the series character creation. All of the characters I've made with it are original; more specifically, they're based on characters from my original work. I'm also a writer. In fact, "Reprobean Children" used to be an early title. Back then, the story was heavily supernatural/fantasy with superpowers. But then the "Reprobean" concept severely convoluted the plot and I wanted the world to still be realistic, so I had to get rid of it. At least it gave me a cool username.

I used to make a lot of characters from the story (over 20 in SCIV), but I only found myself using a few of them and abandoning others. I did some restructuring and just kept in the characters I liked the most (which were the main characters) and just gave them different outfits. In the end, the number was cut down to seven and I gave them different outfits to make up for lost numbers. Each character has their own clothing style. The world of Soulcalibur is obviously in the middleages, but I still brought out a lot of modern styles from the creation. You could check them out in my thread from my signature.

Here are some minor bios

View attachment 35521
Hristina Veneva - A Bulgarian-born woman who lives her life as a nocturnal serial killer. Victims are chosen if they trigger physiological reactions when she's near them.

View attachment 35522
Catherine Furukawa - The best friend of one of Hristina's victims. The end of a 8-year friendship leaves Catherine with a powerful drive to find the killer. She helped Hristina when they first meet, but regrets the choice once she learns about Hristina's identity [and how she eventually destroys the life she's known.]

View attachment 35523
Lucienne Beauvilliers - An unnatural French-born woman who appears wherever Hristina goes. She knows a lot about the world and believes in libration and "freewill," although she dislikes the concept of morality.

View attachment 35524
Wang Mei Feng - Catherine's roommate (and later colleague), who moves in after Catherine's friend dies. She was unsure about the idea of Catherine going after a dangerous killer, but realizes she isn't going to change her mind. She looks out for Catherine and then decides to assist her.

View attachment 35528
Yasuo Watanabe - A detective in training who, like Catherine's father, tries to prevent her from pursuing the killer. Her ambition causes him to respect her and he also tries to see how he could help with the pursuit. The group of three later form a taskforce dedicated to finding the killer.

View attachment 35525
Grace Mendoza - A singer/dancer who survived an attack by Hristina. She initially joins Catherine's group, but then associates herself with Hristina and Lucienne.

View attachment 35526
Abigail Veneva- Hristina's teenage sister, who used to endure emotional/mental abuse from their mother. She disapproved of Hristina's behavior, but becomes accepting of it once Hristina's kills their mother. She also realizes she could rely on Hristina for protection.

View attachment 35527
Ubasti - A young woman who developed a "cat persona." She catches wind of Hristina's murders and has been following them, which leads her to Catherine's taskforce. Catherine notices that Ubasti shares characteristics like Hristina and that "Ubasti" isn't even her real name.
nice story you have there and characters. it definitely sounds interesting. you should post it up on Writerscafe.org. best organized writing site that i know of. can't wait for Lost Swords myself. although i'm still crossing my fingers and toes to them having some type of multiplayer.

Back