The Intro-vent Lounge

Hey guys! So my thread is up! (finally, goddamn Kirax, y u so lazy?) Hope you guys will be able to drop in for a visit. And I dearly hope you won't hate it *///*; There isn't much yet but I promise that will change soon. Link in signature!

Hey all, I'm Hoarseplay. But around this forum, I go by Katsu.

I'm primarily a middling fighting game/brawler player, and I have an almost unhealthy affinity for character customization engines.

I've been a fan of the Soul Series since SoulBlade on the PS1. I then played chronologically SCII (Xbox), SCIV, SCV, SC, and I recently got a PS2 and now own SCIII (which is where all of my time has been going), and soon the PS2 version of SCII. And, of course SCII:HD. Don't have a PSP (yet), so no SCIV:BD, and I'm still on the fence about Lost Swords.

Er, anyway. While I do immensely enjoy CaS, I am also aware that I have no real idea what I am doing, and basically just do random shit until it works out in my favor (much like when I actually fight).

My ever-growing CaS' aren't all that special; Just a bunch of dumb, generic, weeaboo OC's I made in high school, alternate costumes to make them less generic, and also some characters from some random games that I have huge nostalgia-boners for.

And also buff chicks.

Thank the SCV gods that I can finally make buff chicks.

Hey guys! So my thread is up! (finally, goddamn Kirax, y u so lazy?) Hope you guys will be able to drop in for a visit. And I dearly hope you won't hate it *///*; There isn't much yet but I promise that will change soon. Link in signature!

I will NOT drop in for a visit, i will dwell at your place for a while instead (lol)

I will NOT drop in for a visit, i will dwell at your place for a while instead (lol)
You are very welcome. There is soda in the fridge and doritos in the cupboard. Just don't get cheese fingerprints everywhere XD
I believe a buff chick is a chick who's buff. Like Serena Williams. Buff chicks scare me >.>

Also, because I'm curious: How much of the DLC have you guys actually purchased? All of it? Just the stuff you liked? None of it? I'm getting some new parts today and I'm just starting to realize what an impressive bill they all rack up together ^^;

Last edited:
You are very welcome. There is soda in the fridge and doritos in the cupboard. Just don't get cheese fingerprints everywhere XD
I believe a buff chick is a chick who's buff. Like Serena Williams. Buff chicks scare me >.>

Also, because I'm curious: How much of the DLC have you guys actually purchased? All of it? Just the stuff you liked? None of it? I'm getting some new parts today and I'm just starting to realize what an impressive bill they all rack up together ^^;
i think i got all of them but like two, maybe three max. i remember i got one pack just for Leixia's shoes. :P

All of them but a few silly ones, and i don't even get me started on what a complete rip-off from namco bandai that is, next time i want a soulcalibur with no characters (i do better one anyways), just the fighting engine, and lots of CAS parts, oh and why not make a stage editor as well...

Welcome !
Pardon my french, whazza buff chick ?

A "buff chick" is exactly what it sounds like: A female with large and/or very defined musculature.

Also, because I'm curious: How much of the DLC have you guys actually purchased?

I bought all of the CaS DLC. The music packs, while appreciated, I don't care for because I usually have custom music playing while I fight.

The character equipment DLC sets have the best bang for the buck (low cost, lots o' parts, high detail). Everything else you buy on a needed basis. You can also check this site for some really thorough reviews on all the DLC sets. http://asoh.wikidot.com/sc5-dlc

The character equipment DLC sets have the best bang for the buck (low cost, lots o' parts, high detail). Everything else you buy on a needed basis. You can also check this site for some really thorough reviews on all the DLC sets. http://asoh.wikidot.com/sc5-dlc
Hey, thanks for that! Very interesting website...
Lol, I didn't buy the music DLC because my bill was getting borderline ridiculous XD

Hello everyone, I'm Alex.J. I'm a Create-A-Soul artist who specializes in making people I've met before. I've always been proud of my Bibulus custom since I think it's pretty spot on. Be gentle with me guys -_-

Me and Norik are now discussing how I can get a lady friend to take pictures for me cuz I don't own a camera. Hopefully I'll have a thread soon.

Bibulus custom
Dis_gon_b_gud.gif

Hey everyone!
I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed this forum so far. There are so many members here with awesome creations and re-creations that it's very humbling to me. My creations might not always be detailed or neatly made, but my main goal with posting my creations is to show the fun that can be had with CaS, and just in case I have any unique strategies to show for making CaS characters. I'm not sure if I have many ideas left to post for SC5 creations, but I hope you've enjoyed my creations so far.

Here's my main thread of creations:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/retrotators-re-creation-gallery.16904/

Also, I'm thinking about getting back into Tekken soon. Is there a similar forum about making custom costumes in Tekken games?

Is there a similar forum about making custom costumes in Tekken games?
You can make custom outfits for the characters, but it's nowhere near the depth of Soul Calibur's CaS. The Wii U version does have some Nintendo outfits for customization though, if you're into that kinda thing.

Yeah, I agree that SC5 costumes are much more customizable. I've actually had the PS3 version of Tekken Tag 2 for a while and made a few re-creation costumes. I wish I could show some of the costumes sometime, but I'm not sure where it would be best to show them.

Basically, Tekken Tag 2's customization is like SC3's except you can only make costumes for the normal cast of characters. Both games have their pros and cons when it comes to customizing, but SC5 is easier and more in depth overall.

I'll sum up the differences in case anyone wants to know.

Tekken Tag 2 has
+ more in depth hair choices (can choose a hair base, front, and sideburns)
+ more sticker layers (so many, that it's like drawing on a t-shirt)
- no pattern fill (only stickers/decals)
- harder to navigate (menus, load times, etc...)
- no movable special equipment
- less specific clothing choices (can't choose specific gloves, shoes, etc...)
- colors are harder to control

I'm looking forward to getting the Wii U version of Tekken when I get a Wii U. Some of the Nintendo costumes look fun and the drawing feature might be interesting.

Last edited:
Back