Tier Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aeon is the epitome of a mid tier character, he doesn't do anything outstanding, but he doesn't do anything that warrants him being unplayable.

66A is a great step killer
He can do decent damage.
Amazing ring out game.
Good throws

Some characters may be able to do what he does better, but that doesn't make him lowest of the low.

Bushido... the fact that aeon doesn't do anything amazing is what puts him on the bottom of my list of characters... The issue is that Aeon vs pyrrha is 0/100000 okay? If aeon attacks low, gets blocked, he is eating a 236B:4 Aeon has no possible way to beat a turtle/good player. The BEST hope is to bait for a whiff, while if dampierre does this, he can do over half a life bar worth of damage METERLESS. Aeon also has a huge hitbox making his stepping suck... So from the bottom, Aeon < Dampierre Thats how I do my judgements.

No way is Aeon as bad as Damp. Only Raph can compete with Damp in suckiness. Aeon is probably in the next tier with Zwei and Tira. Aeon may not have amazing frames, but he has a good step, good range, and pretty decent damage. That alone seperates him from Raph and Damp.

I will ignore that WuHT, Uber1337 I love Aeon... I love him... but he is my ROCK in SCV. Dampierre I thought sucked at first, then I realized you gotta play him differently, and if you play him differently, you can take advantage of his DAMPIERRE DAMAGE! Since Maxi damage is gone, Dampierre has a damn good mix up game, and his whiff punishing is godly, 11B B!E! 4B, 623B 623B B!E! 4B OH DEAR! anytime someone lows me I throw out a 9B+K 44B.K.B.K Do you know what I do with Aeon? I pray for counter hits with 4B 22AB and hope they attack high so I can WR B B+K 44BAA.

Fuck it, WuHT the reason my time is worth so little is because diablo 3 comes out in 5 days and this is my hobby while I sit at work doing nothing.

Then I guess the bottom tier is Aeon, Nightmare, Siegfried, Astaroth, and Z.W.E.I. then...

Nightmare has A+B and GS A, a VERY great mix game with crouch and while rising, a GREAT CE. Siegfried has stance changes (Which makes him AMAZING) Astaroth I don't consider that great of a character, EXCEPT that he has grabs that are amazing and his 22B BE has AMAZING tracking and with a back breaker dear lord hes mighty... ZWEI... I am not good with ZWEI, he has a really ugly face so I only play my CAS of him, which is once every 40 character selects usually... I feel that he can pressure you pretty well, but I would say hes the bottom with AEON but I rate him above AEON.

Siegfried has stance changes (Which makes him AMAZING
SSH is trash. It's a shitty mix up that can easily be reacted to. Using it to bait whiffs sometimes gets you killed because SSH B makes you step forward more than you moved back. SCH isn't great either, plenty of moves beat every single option there (Natsu AA, Cerv sidestepping agi kick). SRSH doesn't reward you well unless you do B instead of K. 71 damage versus 46, take your pick. SBH is nice for predicting when someone will do a horizontal and that is all. Too bad the stance transition is slow enough generic 2A beats it out.

Now, since I am not a siegfried player, I don't waste my time learning the names of his stances. What I do know is that you use his stances to dodge attacks... like if I use 3(B) I can do 2B+K and side step natsu's 66B you can TC with B+K half step back with 4B+K and counter with B B (B)you can also presure with 6B+K because K will do a low that combos, and if they duck that, you can hit them with B. doesn't the B+K stance impact 2A?

People, let it slide, for an English teacher himself could not educate the fool that is ChaosK.
PS Jesus doesn't exist, Christianity is a Fad, grow up!

Now, since I am not a siegfried player, I don't waste my time learning the names of his stances. What I do know is that you use his stances to dodge attacks... like if I use 3(B) I can do 2B+K and side step natsu's 66B you can TC with B+K half step back with 4B+K and counter with B B (B)you can also presure with 6B+K because K will do a low that combos, and if they duck that, you can hit them with B. doesn't the B+K stance impact 2A?

People, let it slide, for an English teacher himself could not educate the fool that is ChaosK.
For your first example why would Natsu do 66B when she can do AA to beat everything? SRSH is a 50/50 mix up, I know this. 2A will hit before Sieg is done transitioning to SBH. Also didn't I mention that SSH BBB makes him step too far forward?

Spartan, come to PSN, fight my Siegfried, and then make an apology post. Until you defeat my Sieg, you cannot insult my playing style of him.

Solo, isn't natsu's AA double high? 2a has short range, and you don't counter WHILE they do the move, you counter with BBB AFTER they miss you. The fact it steps forward is a bonus...

Solo, isn't natsu's AA double high? 2a has short range, and you don't counter WHILE they do the move, you counter with BBB AFTER they miss you. The fact it steps forward is a bonus...
SSH B is i28 if you do it after they're done attacking by time it hits they will have already recovered from whiffing. You need to hit them with it directly after the hit frames. It takes 19 frames to block from stance so Natsu's AA beats that out too. Stance transitions take 20 frames 2A is faster than that.

SSH B is i28 if you do it after they're done attacking by time it hits they will have already recovered from whiffing. You need to hit them with it directly after the hit frames. It takes 19 frames to block from stance so Natsu's AA beats that out too. Stance transitions take 20 frames 2A is faster than that.
Ouch I didn't realise it beat block cancel too damn that sucks...

Well now I know who to blame if Zwei gets another buff. God damn it .-.
Ima just gonna sit on my head in this thread from now on .-. Some of these evaluations like Mitsu being some kind of unstoppable god in this game and Zwei being bottom tier invoke too much nerd rage and hurt my brain. .-.
Also Cervantes seems somehow ignored to me, there is your war god .-.

Silencer Cervantes is probably the best fair character there is... he rewards good players, has good combos, has lots of tools... and I don't feel like hes over powered. Everything he does is legit by my standards, and he follows the rules of risk/reward.

He's also my favorite character (Since Maxi was retired since he is way too good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back