Tier Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol to end the argument that viola's orb is un-AGI able here clearly raph is to far for claw to hit, so the orb must activate it

B+K is "invincible" t vertical from frame 8 to...i forgot..(really lucky that raph there....because the late invincibility is hard to use).
its not that impacts anything....infact in many occasion you can even block the followup.

In scV they introduced this invincibility thing in some moves...se asta 66KBE, mitsu mist A+B etc etc but they work differently.

So maybe it can t be aGIed despite some invincible move still triggers.

P.S. if prep4 aGI it then oits different...i was just pointing out a difference...

I will test it when I get home, and I will test it properly, as far as I am concerned the CLAW is whats setting it off. I will respond back in 3 hours on my findings.

Then I guess the bottom tier is Aeon, Nightmare, Siegfried, Astaroth, and Z.W.E.I. then...

Thoughts that these invoke (and look there is Zwei again..)

Silencer Cervantes is probably the best fair character there is... he rewards good players, has good combos, has lots of tools... and I don't feel like hes over powered. Everything he does is legit by my standards, and he follows the rules of risk/reward.

He's also my favorite character (Since Maxi was retired since he is way too good)

You shall not convert me lol. Are those agi's necessary and those just frames? With Cerv, you can ask, do you really need all that shit? Few nerfs shouldn't hurt.

His aGI's are very... very... unNEEDed, but seriously they make him awesome... the just frames being OP? you mean iGDRx3? or what? Because iGDR is unsafe, 214K: B: B is SLOW. Why do you feel he is OP? You can't say AGI because other characters have AGI's and Kicks destroy cerv's .

Omega can easily AGI the 3rd hit of the string with a+b and then get a DNS b. Algol can easily DP it and Nightmare can use a super.

normal pyrrha gets 66B / 66B BE with A+B

oh and i know Xiba B+K works but idk if he can he followup / reach with B+K B.

Django you might not understand the difference of what the statement was, if you read all the posts you might understand. Some AGI's are based on location such as highs mids lows, while some are based on what type of attack, such as Verticals and Horizontals. This discussion is about Orb EIN and Algol's Bubbles registering as a KICK instead of registering as a horizontal or a vertical. Do you understand? The reason this is a big deal is because Orb EIN and Bubbles are CLEARLY weapons, yet aren't treated as weapons.

Django you might not understand the difference of what the statement was, if you read all the posts you might understand. Some AGI's are based on location such as highs mids lows, while some are based on what type of attack, such as Verticals and Horizontals. This discussion is about Orb EIN and Algol's Bubbles registering as a KICK instead of registering as a horizontal or a vertical. Do you understand? The reason this is a big deal is because Orb EIN and Bubbles are CLEARLY weapons, yet aren't treated as weapons.

well am talking about Viola ORB -_-
and pyrrha A+B is base on Mid attacks (non-thrust) and get different followups base on, Verticals, Horizontals, Kicks, or a normal GI if done out of range / are none of the above.

Viola - the Orb doesn't register as a kicks
EIN - never try anything with him yet
Algol - Bubble don't even count as anything even when u GI it has nothing to do with it being a weapon, Algol bubble unlike viola orb where if the orb gets GI she gets pushed back, but algol does not the orb just gets reflected instead.

His aGI's are very... very... unNEEDed, but seriously they make him awesome... the just frames being OP? you mean iGDRx3? or what? Because iGDR is unsafe, 214K: B: B is SLOW. Why do you feel he is OP? You can't say AGI because other characters have AGI's and Kicks destroy cerv's .

Because I don't play Cerv, I would have to lab to even know which moves these are.. But it doesn't have to be a single move, it all builds up. That bA (or however the hell you do it) both hori and vert in fast move for defence, some agi's in there, thar a stellar defence, I mentioned JF because I have seen (what seemed like) JF combos that seemed a bit off place. In general a powerful offence and the CE can be done 2x at the end of a lot of combos right? D: A ce that hits from all ranges, guess this is another thing that Cerv needs :I

Not going to blame some spesific tools, but I can say agi if I want :] Because why is there agi, why is there the hor vert slash (so fast ;_;), why is there 2x ce.. do you need all that shit? :D

/takes nerf stick from pocket and beats Cerv.

Silencer Cervantes is probably the best fair character there is... he rewards good players, has good combos, has lots of tools... and I don't feel like hes over powered. Everything he does is legit by my standards, and he follows the rules of risk/reward.

He's also my favorite character (Since Maxi was retired since he is way too good)

I've been playing Cervy a lot lately, and I think he is absolutely over the top hands down the best character in this game and by no means balanced. You're right to say he has lots of tools, in fact he's good at everything. I also feel dirty whiff punishing with iGDRx3. In general you can win with cervy using 2 combos. His standard launcher is without question the best in the game. You can opt for 92 damage with 3B iGDR,iGDR, or I'd rather take a slight damage hit with 3B, iGDR, b2 and get wicked good oki. This does not follow the rules of risk/reward when his 3B is only -13. Why you can only AA punish it is beyond me.

Amazing punishment opportunities with aB and you get a reverse mix-up with A+B/B+K for more insanity (granted this will be defeated by kicks) but the opportunities Cervy gets with his reverse mix-up should not go unnoticed for punishing pretty innocent moves.

I also do not understand why 1A:B is so good. The move has deceptively long range, is an unreadable low poke and on CH 1A:B is 69 damage. This is more damage than some characters get off their launchers. I guess I just think that's a lot for an i17 step kill. Or decent unreadable poke damage. On NH reverse mix-up rules apply.

4B BE has little to no downside, I'll use this in situations where I'm not sure iGDR will whiff punish and I largely get the same combo (though 4B BE, iGDR sometimes leaves you backturned and you have to do strange things to finish the combo).

His risk/reward is way skewed and damage output is over the top. Until they nerf him I will continue to piss people off with his OPness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back