Tira General Discussion / Q&A

Exactly. If you have an opponent that techs pretty consistently, they're definitely worth throwing out there. Most characters' good tech traps don't hit grounded, so if the opponent doesn't tech, you get zero damage.

Worst case scenario with GS Tira is you time it wrong and you miss... however, this can leave you pretty badly open. 666B missed can be devastating. 44(B), however, I haven't been punished too badly on, if at all, when used after a 4K combo ender..thing.
I don't opt for that too often, but yeah, it seems like a relatively safe option I should use more, considering it's health vacuum properties. Now if you throw it out not as wake-up tech like I do every now and then, prepare for some sweet, sweet, anal pounding.

I don't opt for that too often, but yeah, it seems like a relatively safe option I should use more, considering it's health vacuum properties. Now if you throw it out not as wake-up tech like I do every now and then, prepare for some sweet, sweet, anal pounding.
Yeah, because it's so unsafe, I don't throw 666B out much.. I'll do it to punish 'cause of its snazzy i17, but other than that, I don't trust it. :b

I've been practicing and the 666B tech traps timing is a little tricky because the time changes depending on whether the opponent is ground stunned or not, but the 1A traps timing is easier but if they don't tech you miss. Also I've been using the 33B tech trap and i've gotten it to work online a few times after a knockdown.

For a second I thought you meant 44 was i17. I was gonna flip shit.
Phone bolded for me
If 44(B) was i17, Tira would be beyond broken. lol
I've been practicing and the 666B tech traps timing is a little tricky because the time changes depending on whether the opponent is ground stunned or not, but the 1A traps timing is easier but if they don't tech you miss. Also I've been using the 33B tech trap and i've gotten it to work online a few times after a knockdown.
Yeah, because they can tech at different times, it's a bit tricky. You just gotta remember what time they can tech and whatnot.
1A techtrap is good, though. Even if you miss, I believe they're not able to punish you, so that's a plus.

If 44(B) was i17, Tira would be beyond broken. lol

Yeah, because they can tech at different times, it's a bit tricky. You just gotta remember what time they can tech and whatnot.
1A techtrap is good, though. Even if you miss, I believe they're not able to punish you, so that's a plus.
You'll get used to the times, you basically condition yourself to attack when whatever status effect wears off.
Whiffing 1A as a tech trap is pretty safe, but I feel like I still eat damage, even if it's just a poke.

Hey I need some help, I'm trying to figure out a certain tira move that doesn't seem to be in her move list, I have no idea how I did it but the move went like this:

Tira slung the phyrra to the ground, stepped on her throat. Then spun her blade on her right hand hitting her in the face, all while a camera panned up and she laughed maniacally.

It was super cool and i want to do it again.

To add what DIME and VV said, Tira's Gloomy B+K will only work against mid weapon-based attacks. It won't work against any type of stab attack such as Mitsu's 4B, Pat's 66B, Pyrrha's 236B, ect.

Another cool thing about Gloomy B+K is that the lower Tira's health is, the more damage it'll do, up to 80 damage iirc. Still, it's really a hail Mary move that I personally wouldn't recommend using unless you're 100% sure it'll connect.

Yeah, if you time it wrong, you can take some pretty heavy damage.

However, if you're like me, you'll throw it out there just for the hell of it and get lucky 90% of the time. lol

Then again, Einsatz Calcatrix fuels my CE-heavy playstyle. lol

1B is arguably her best poke. Anyone who says the move is terrible is ether retarded or Xyerith.

I think 6B is her second best poke for punishing whiffs or guard damage.

Last edited:
I could probably stand to use 6B a little more.

...and by a little more, I mean at all.

Like, seriously, the only time I've done 6B at all is by accident.. lol

I enjoy 6B, I don't use 1B much anymore. Xyerith probably got to my subconsious. They're both moves I use more accidentally than anything, but I enjoy seeing them come out when I play so it serves as a reminder.
As far as straight punishing goes, 666B > 6B. Though I suppose if you can't input 666 that quickly or want. the space you can opt for it. 70+ damage though.
I do enjoy 6B in Jolly, it's slower but it does decent guard damage iirc. Next time I play I'm going top work onn pressure, I've always been bad at that.
Any of you want to play?

Good point about guard pressure, i'll have to start using that more too.

Seran I would play you but the Texas-UK connection is likely not good.

I admittedly don't use 1B or 6B all that much. Though I had started using 1B in the JS WR BK, 1B...until I realized that it could be teched. Another good poke would have to be her JS 3A...another move I don't use that much but will start utilizing more.

I'd be up for a few games this weekend, Zealot.

Last edited:
I found something kind of interesting.. just in case anyone wanted to know.

I totally wanted to see Tira's HP drain drastically by Maxi's 236K or Astaroth's bullrush, so...

Well, I have this, uh.. friend.. Yeah, a friend who may have modded the damage of a character, lowering their damage output.

This friend discovered Tira still won't be able to Einsatz Calcatrix any moves that she wasn't able to before either, even if the move she attempts to absorb does literally no damage on hit.

This friend didn't do much additional testing, but I believe the developers gave every move a default damage value so if you're fighting a character with a higher damage output (custom height 1), you're still able to absorb the moves you could if fighting the standard height.

Just thought i'd throw that out there. :)

Back