Voldo Q&A / General Discussion

Why not just use 66B, 666B, 1K, or 1[K]? All of them are the same speed or faster, have comparable range, and do more guard damage and are similar or slightly worse on block, but with far better reward on hit.

Why not just use 66B, 666B, 1K, or 1[K]? All of them are the same speed or faster, have comparable range, and do more guard damage and are similar or slightly worse on block, but with far better reward on hit.

I see. I guess if I'm gonna focus on GB my opponent, I should use 666B or 44B more.

44B is underrated as hell. Its only major downside is that Voldo's means of deterring sidestep are pretty shitty.

You mean once he's BS after 44B is blocked? He still has BS 4A, BS CR A and BS 2A+B if his opponent tries to step.

No, I meant making people not want to step long enough that you can make them block 44B. It's not like he's NM where you have 3AA/agA to make people block 66B.

The only reliable stepkillers he has are either unsafe if blocked(3A -16), take too slow to come out (22*88A i19) or unreliable (66A).

I think Voldo's worst matchup is Ivy. Her tools can either keep Voldo out or complete evade him entirely. I feel like I have to work extra hard just to get close.

I think poking with 44A is quite nice if you want to discourage stepping.

44A is a move I rarely use outside of catching opponents who tech after getting hit by 66A. It's very slow (i20), and is not entirely consistent at stopping opponents who step to the left. However, +8 on hit and -4 on block isn't something to scoff at. It does decent guard damage as well.

I think it just serves as a niche tool and shouldn't be relied on to completely discourage stepping.

what are the anti steps you use the more ?

near the opponent i use
aa, 6 ab(a) and 44a ( when i need a mid, yuttipipon use it all the time)

at long distance i use
236 (k) , 33a, 22 k and 662 a
Voldo s antistep aren't great for me.

zoning is the best strategy against Voldo .

what are the anti steps you use the more ?

I tend to do the 662A slide input. 6ABA is good too, especially on CH. Another good anti-step move is 3A despite it being -16 on block. A lot of people tend not to punish it.

zoning is the best strategy against Voldo .

Against Voldo or for Voldo? Against him, Voldo plays pretty linearly. His verticals are his best moves. Not only that but his verts for the most part are where most of his damage comes from.

However, I find that forcing my opponent to play linearly puts Voldo at a big advantage.

that s what i said.
you have to stop the opponent of stepping.
that s why i spoke about anti steps.

BT WR A CH -> BT WR B

This combo should be learned. The timing is a bit strict since you have to do a perfect BT WR B as soon as BT WR A hits. This combo works on every character but if you're too far the BT WR B will whiff.

BT WR A CH -> BT WR B -> BT 4K -> BT 8WR K -> BT A+B~G = 106 damage

BT WR B -> BT 4K -> BT 8WR K -> BT A+B~G = 83 damage

Do the maff.

Kaman, that combo doesn't actually work. The stun on CH BS WRA, and 666B are the same and in this game you are unable to do two of the same stuns in the same combo. However, you can do; CH BS WR A, BS 66B, 66B BE, tech trap/66B BE/CE which is still pretty good, but you get the most damage (if they don't fall for the tech trap) from CH BS WR A, CE.

Back