What weapon would you like to see in the Soul Series?

Withvees

[10] Knight
You have swords, you have shield/swords, you have a sword with an eyeball on it, you have daggers, you have spears, you have hoolahoops and you even have mother fucking lightsabers.

Now what weapon would you like see? For me, I would like to see a weapon like Zidane from Final Fantasy IX
The_Ogre_FFIX_Art.jpg

I would like to have it be used more of a rushdown type. It'd be cool for it to have an a:A where the person swings quickly with one swing horizontally and hits the opponent with both blades for a knockdown or stun. Maybe that might be OP.

I can't decide between a trident or sai (now we could have all the tmnt). We need more polearms unless mina, zasalamel, rock somehow sneak back in.

A flail + some defensive weapon/shield.

I think we have had enough fantasy weapons (energy arm blades, magic bowling ball + claw fingers , cross sword plus magic space wolf). I'm completely fine if they stop bringing in new alexandras with short sword + buckler combos.

Trident or Sai? How is that much different than Mina, Kilik, Xiba, Natsu, and Taki? You can even give those to them in creation mode.

Trident or Sai? How is that much different than Mina, Kilik, Xiba, Natsu, and Taki? You can even give those to them in creation mode.
I guess a trident would have 3 (not 0) prongs on the end to stab. Its generally a lot more massive than a staff so its like comparing the nuanced differences between siegfried sword to mitsu's sword. They're both more than swords despite siegfried having a giant nodachi as a custom weapon.

In regards to a Sai, the aspect I wanted to see was more parrying/trapping (aGIs or what have you) which characters like taki and natsu really don't have in their moveset for a close-range quick fighter. Sais can be gripped differently (something they tried to feature with Zwei's cross guard sword).

So no, I wasn't just being whimsical and listing some random weapons.

Algol's very design contradicts the design philosophy they had back in SC2 (maybe times have changed) where it was weapon/moveset first and fluff like aesthetic/gender second. Algol doesn't even have a weapon.

and Lastly: Flails can smash. We need to see more smashing.

I would like to see an archer character in Soul Calibur. The only archer characters the series has seen were guest fighters, Link :sc2lnk1: and Ezio :sc5ezi1:.

I would also like to see twin steel fan style. True, Soul Calibur III had a steel fan style, but it was wielded by a drunken prince named Demuth and was pretty lame. The next time the Soul Series experiments with a steel-fan style, they should take notes from Princess Kitana from Mortal Kombat.

latest

Algol has more of a weapon than Necrid did in SCII. SCII had way more clones than any other game in this series. That's why they revamped the styles in SCIII. If anything, it was aesthetics first then gameplay. As far as fighting styles go (excluding Lost Swords), they've been moving forwards not backwards.

Something simple, Like Kali Sticks

dfe70379-27dd-43d2-a389-b7ada8df2158.jpg

Or you know someone with a long straight sword with a shield.

solaire_of_astoria_by_archtemplar96-d4y5lkb.jpg

It doesn't have to be oversized or too fantastical. Just mix up what we got.

Something simple, Like Kali Sticks

dfe70379-27dd-43d2-a389-b7ada8df2158.jpg

Or you know someone with a long straight sword with a shield.

solaire_of_astoria_by_archtemplar96-d4y5lkb.jpg

It doesn't have to be oversized or too fantastical. Just mix up what we got.

I'm not sure about another SnS style... The Series has seen:
Sophitia :sc1sop1:
Lizardman :sc1liz1:
Cassandra :sc2cas1:
Link :sc2lnk1:
Abelia
Pyrrha :sc5pyr1:
Pyrrha Omega :sc5pyr1::sc5se:
Patroklos :sc5pat1:

You have swords, you have shield/swords, you have a sword with an eyeball on it, you have daggers, you have spears, you have hoolahoops and you even have mother fucking lightsabers.

Now what weapon would you like see? For me, I would like to see a weapon like Zidane from Final Fantasy IXView attachment 43304

I would like to have it be used more of a rushdown type. It'd be cool for it to have an a:A where the person swings quickly with one swing horizontally and hits the opponent with both blades for a knockdown or stun. Maybe that might be OP.
This basically. We don't need more sword and shield users, we need more original styles with weapons like that :)

For me, I second the dual steel sharp fans like Kitana of Mortal Kombat wields. I would have liked to see Leixia use dual steel fans instead of being a Xianghua clone. But uh yeah, definitely second this weapon.

Hmm... I'd also like to see the 3-Section staff. I've only known two characters who've used it. There's Ling-Tong of Dynasty Warriors (he used one in DW6). And the other character is Billy Kane of King of Fighters.
Ling_Tong_dw6s.png

I would say a normal whip that doesn't transform into a sword. I think it'd be cool to have a simple whip-user but I don't think that'd happen. And the last one that comes to mind is the classic Kusarigama. :)

For me, I second the dual steel sharp fans like Kitana of Mortal Kombat wields. I would have liked to see Leixia use dual steel fans instead of being a Xianghua clone.

I guess you want Xianghua to come back and have 10-0 matchups again.

Back