Women wearing makeup: How do you feel about it?

How do you feel about makeup on women?

• Total voters
It's a hassle to wear make-up in my opinon (I'm a girl) but then again I'm lazy and I'm fine with the way I look. However, I do know some girls that turn make-up into an art and they're passionate about it in a 'artistic sense.' But when people wear it daily like everyday, I just tend to ask the question "Why?" Make-up is fine for some occasions and I have no problem with it but if you wear it everyday then I'm like....sigh....it's not good for your skin btw.

It's a hassle to wear make-up in my opinon (I'm a girl) but then again I'm lazy and I'm fine with the way I look. However, I do know some girls that turn make-up into an art and they're passionate about it in a 'artistic sense.' But when people wear it daily like everyday, I just tend to ask the question "Why?" Make-up is fine for some occasions and I have no problem with it but if you wear it everyday then I'm like....sigh....it's not good for your skin btw.
^ this was on my mind but already said.

there are appropriate times and places for wearing makeup... I take my kids to the park a lot (since I'm a babysitter) and this one clowny bitch had the nerve to come talking to me with a load of makeup on her face saying how my daughter is cute with her curly locks (I don't correct the mother's at the park since I love these kids) but ALL I COULD THINK ABOUT WAS DAMN GIRL! you don't need 10 pounds of makeup to go to the park... she got done up like she was going to the opera while everyone else was in sweats and sweaters, it was COLD. I understand getting done up for church,clubbin',social events,etc. but when you taking your kid to the park and you done the hell up like Rupaul and your kid lookin' like she just rolled out of bed... THAT'S A NUU NUU... I didn't really hear the rest of what she said since her makeup was just a tad bit too loud for the park scene, got my eyes wishin' they was mute...

DragQueens in Makeup > Women in Makeup > Trannies in Makeup > Animals in Makeup

and BTW I'M THE BEST MANNY! fuck a Nanny ~ it's SUPER MANNY BIIIIITCH

I really don't have a problem with it in general, as it can be used rather well (Exhibit A), but if it's a Starship Enterprise level forcefield, then count me out. Essentially, you can summarize this entire thread with the phrase, "The difference between medicine and poison is in the dose."

Actually, I rather like nicely done makeup on a woman. As was mentioned earlier, it can be overdone or inappropriate for some circumstances, but I'm not in the anti-adornment camp.

Also, I'd like to add that not everybody that looks good is a superficial or vapid person. Judging a book by it's pretty cover is the same judging it by an ugly/dull one.

Back