Women wearing makeup: How do you feel about it?

How do you feel about makeup on women?

• Total voters
stick.jpg

I don't tout them as correct over equally informed views...most people aren't making informed views. Educated opinions can be wrong including my own, but they are valid to debate until the logic falls apart. There has been more than a fair share of people where I have made a statement and someone has pointed out a misstep in my thinking and I've simply gone "oh your right"...end of discussion (meaning no walls of text or ranting). But how did this start? Vincent got all uppity for my feedback on OP and dropped the argument that it 'sounds like bullshit...but I don't wanna read it' (to paraphrase)...nowhere does he point out where I could be wrong or what I didn't consider. He should either have ignored it or called out my logic...instead here we are. So blame him not me for this derailment.

I'm not defending that I'm correct or 'more correct', just that my opinion isn't stupid. And based on the likes I got on those statements not everyone disagrees. It's really not hard to take what i said and disagree without being a complete asshole about it. Even I had to sit there and carefully think things through because I found problems with things I was going to post, I put a lot of thought into what I posted.

Those guys just hate opinions that differ from theirs...really how often have I seen any of them concede to someone elses argument.................ever. This is not a them vs IFB issue, this happens everywhere, just most people don't make such a scene about it as I do. I don't like to be told I'm wrong like any other person, but I'm perfectly fine with being told WHY I'm wrong which is really the issue.

Ugh this needs it's own convo elsewhere. i more than welcome PMs on this.

Those guys just hate opinions that differ from theirs...really how often have I seen any of them concede to someone elses argument.................ever.
There’s a misconception here to begin with. It’s presuming that all opinions are supposed to be situational-based. That a person should only be able to know something if they’ve gone through the details of that particular subject. I say bullshit. I almost never admit I’m wrong about any one thing because my views at the core usually carry over to everything else. If you’re skilled at thinking you’re amazing at taking on life. Funny enough, I recently saw a video saying this same thing and I didn’t even know someone else felt that way! My point is validated. Hand over the cookies, IvyFanboy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrPoXpuH7n8

Well I agree with the guy...if anything the whole philosophy of trying to escape your own 'rightness' is what I'm saying. I'm not defending I'm correct...just that the logic is valid to support it. Meaning It is open to debate and I WANT someone to debate it in an attempt to correct me if I am wrong. This is the VERY point of debate. The Algol example I noted a while back, I stated a devil's advocate theory in hopes someone with another view would either confirm or correct me...I'm introducing an idea to test and see if there's a better one. But it was argued that I was trying to defend being right and really I was only arguing it's validity as a statement to be considered for debate. The reason I got irritated is because people aren't attacking my logic to help discover a problem, they are arguing that it isn't valid for review without even considering the logic behind it. They are criticizing the result without any consideration to WHY it was stated. you NEVER addressed a disagreement to why I thought that way about make up...you simply said it's bullshit cuz it seemed like it. Me arguing that that doesn't make sense is not the same as me arguing that I'm right, it is me arguing that your complaint is irrelevant and does not in anyway disprove what i said.

I say bullshit. I almost never admit I’m wrong about any one thing because my views at the core usually carry over to everything else.
I'm really not even sure what to make of this statement or how it ties into you and the video. I think you misunderstood the idea of a better thinker means you are able to expand upon other areas. It's not about your views carrying over, it's your ability to think, not your conclusions. You still need to consider scenario (Columbus still had to take his knowledge and experience and APPLY thinking to it to make his discovery). If anything never admitting your wrong and believing ideas carry over to everything else...likely means your trying to be right from the get go as you pre-established a conclusion. Correct me if I'm wrong or I missed what you're trying to say...cuz I'm lost on the connection you drew (I mean this with full sincerity I watched the video 3 times and read your post). Taking things on scenario per scenario is what helps you disprove preassumed notions as you will find it may not always apply (going back to escaping your rightness and in the case of make up my argument that the poll options did not apply to different scenarios of make up use and would need different thinking for each.). I even stated I had to correct myself before posting because I went through 4 stages of disproving myself before I submitted my argument which is actually how I arrived at the polls not being valid...by actually trying to answer the question as is initially as intended and correcting my first thoughts.

I'm actually compelled to watch more of his videos. Please review the video and your statement...I really feel you missed what he was saying entirely.

and Idle you make it sound like African american females are purposely getting their skin lightened to a caramel color just to look good in public and that it is zero chance that they were born that way. don't know if that was your intention.

Some do. That is what I was implying. More to the point, the media alters images of african americans to appear less "dark" in popular media all the damn time. Some would be black entertainers and public figures even use skin bleaching. It's pretty sickening if you ask me.

Some do. That is what I was implying. More to the point, the media alters images of african americans to appear less "dark" in popular media all the damn time. Some would be black entertainers and public figures even use skin bleaching. It's pretty sickening if you ask me.
i understand what your saying. well i'm glad AA males don't normally have the same issue. all state guy, denzel washington, morgan freeman, and Samuel L. Jackson will always have a good place in my heart. but i was wondering how can you tell which women got this make over done. to me the easiest way to tell are the eyes. if they have natural golden brown eyes then it's safe to say that their caramel skin is legit. this particular logic hasn't failed me yet.

i understand what your saying. well i'm glad AA males don't normally have the same issue. all state guy, denzel washington, morgan freeman, and Samuel L. Jackson will always have a good place in my heart. but i was wondering how can you tell which women got this make over done. to me the easiest way to tell are the eyes. if they have natural golden brown eyes then it's safe to say that their caramel skin is legit. this particular logic hasn't failed me yet.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/aug/08/celebrity.race

I saw a light skinned black girl and a darker skinned one on the bus last Tuesday and they were both looking really good. and Idle you make it sound like African american females are purposely getting their skin lightened to a caramel color just to look good in public and that it is zero chance that they were born that way. don't know if that was your intention. my grandmother and mother look white but they still consider themselves AA. me, I'm caramel colored from my dad's side. I come from german descendants dating back to my great grandfather but I can't help nor change that. even though I'm proud that I'm German.
My dad and I are dark skinned, but my mom and sisters are light skin, weird huh? I'm trying to go back into my roots to see what other race I am besides Native american and African. I overheard my mom say something about Filipino.

I love dark chocolate girls and lite skinned girls. Well truthfully I love women in general. I am however only into dark skin and brown skin dudes.
I love girls of all color, you just have to be sexy and I'm not talking about shit attitude, dramatic make-up and super huge titties either...

Correct me if I'm wrong or I missed what you're trying to say...cuz I'm lost on the connection you drew (I mean this with full sincerity I watched the video 3 times and read your post).
Okay, I finally got around to reading this post from last night. I enjoyed it. Keep it up. I approve of your writing style now (well, at least the second half of that post). =D

Oh yeah, you mentioned I might've missed the point in his video. I can see how you might say that. However, I just thought his idea was relevant to my point. I know it was kind out of context. I'll think more about what you said later about pre-established conclusions. Thanks for the talk.

Okay, I finally got around to reading this post from last night. I enjoyed it. Keep it up. I approve of your writing style now (well, at least the second half of that post). =D

Oh yeah, you mentioned I might've missed the point in his video. I can see how you might say that. However, I just thought his idea was relevant to my point. I know it was kind out of context. I'll think more about what you said later about pre-established conclusions. Thanks for the talk.
Np I actually had to go back and reread all my posts and...yeah...i might need to work on my tone and delivery a bit >_< so sry bout that. I don't really come off this way in person, just text is an awkward medium.

Rays of sunshine and bunnies - EVO 2012

Pretty much in agreement 100% with Idle. Not much to say because Idle already said what was on my mind.

People who go out of their way just to be attractive, whether they are male or female, shows insecurity and fake-ness. Is it no coincidence that the women I talk to that DON'T have make-up tend to be more "real" and down to earth?

Whenever I see people all decked out in make-up, it makes me think of Jennifer Aniston, Pretty girl, with no personality whatsoever. (you should have seen her on the daily show... man.... talk about BORING).

Ugly people and their views on attractive people.

That my friend, is called hating. Something everyone does. Thus, a totem pole of "well I'm better because..." is born. I "hate" a ton of times when I fantasize lol. As for visually attractive people? That's all dogmatic actualities.

Back