Women wearing makeup: How do you feel about it?

How do you feel about makeup on women?

• Total voters
IFB: Let me put it this way. When I look at the general lounge, I don’t expect anyone here to have a good opinion on any topic. I simply have no reason to believe people here are world class experts on anything besides SoulCalibur, which even then is only a handful of us. Seeing random people talk a big game about random topics kills the point of this casual atmosphere. That’s not to say I can’t stand to read a long post every now and then, but when it’s consistently like that my bullshit detector goes off and accusations are made with the intent to LOL.

I find joy in intellectual debate? My crime? And crying bullshit because you haven't taken the steps to contemplate what I'm saying is being lazy if you choose to engage. I mean if I post something against the grain and don't support my case...people will either got wtf or ask why...inevitably I have to post backing to validate the statement. Why do you see me post debates so often? Because often agreement can be summed up with a 'like' click as it is already explained.

To be honest most of my posts would be infinitely shorter if people read the initial post rather than highlight a skimmed area and argue. It's very rare someone actually hits me with a direct counter argument based on what I say. If anything my presence is created by other peoples reaction.

I really don't pay much attention when girls use make-up. The very radical ones (good or bad) catch my eye though. If they feel more comfortable about themselves, then that's ok.~ :)
Although, in the right hands, I have seen some good ones that are pleasing to the eye (casual, costume, etc).
The Good
inset.jpg

The Bad
vile.JPG
Seriously, the outlines throw me off.

THE DOWNRIGHT UGLY
8.bmp
17.bmp

8332f_makeup-disasters-5.jpg

Okay I have to admit, the last one is Rofl-waffles. xD
But the others, OH DEAR GOD. O___o|||
A UNIBROW!?

okay there is something i really don't like in terms of makeup ideas and that's the lip lining thing. ragnorok posted this with the woman with the uni-brow. I think it is ugly no matter what. but that's just me. it's an instant turn around for me. i had a friend that looked cute but she was a tomboy. someone told her that so she came back wearing some makeup that included the lip liner. I didn't like ANY of it. some girls just have the fortune of looking good without any outside help.

Well I don't dislike makeup but I really prefer when a girl can look good without it and I think it's not necessary for girls to use it every single day, also I'm not sure but it seems to me like what all those products do is ruin their skin instead of what they tell everyone, I mean most women who use make up all the time won't look good when not wearing it and not because of their age, while I can have a girl who doesn't use makeup all the time looking good with or without it

okay there is something i really don't like in terms of makeup ideas and that's the lip lining thing. ragnorok posted this with the woman with the uni-brow. I think it is ugly no matter what. but that's just me. it's an instant turn around for me. i had a friend that looked cute but she was a tomboy. someone told her that so she came back wearing some makeup that included the lip liner. I didn't like ANY of it. some girls just have the fortune of looking good without any outside help.
I can't STAND uni-brows either. It just looks so wrong and it reminds me of Ed from Ed, Edd 'n Eddy. xD

Logic is not marked by popular choice...and would rarely win if given to vote. Saying 'I'm correct cuz I'm correct' is Idle's thing, I just argue I make valid opinions with supporting details.

It's not that I'm right more often, it's that you are just so amazingly on the wrong side so often.

It's not that I'm right more often, it's that you are just so amazingly on the wrong side so often.
Not understanding my logic does not equal me being wrong and often most of my 'poor judgements' are from people fabricating issues over arbitrary details or pulling things out of context. I once played devil's advocate to why Algol was banned simply as an open question in the sense of "Well is it true that Algol bubble lockdown shoots down certain characters?", fully admitting I did not know and hoped a more knowledgeable player would chime in to deny it since Ivy does not have a poor match up to Algol and I had heard this before...but within a few posts it was established "IFB thinks bubbles are OP". This is how nearly every argument starts. Some dumbass putting No Child Left Behind Act to blast by showcasing their reading comprehension skills and creating an argument that didn't actually exist. The worst part is the other dumbasses don't check either and buy into it and we have Fox News all up in this bitch. Don't even get me started if I make a typo or accidentally do the wrong notation for a move on a character I don't play...you think that could be solved with a "oh sorry meant ...." but no...that becomes eternal fact as IFB HAS to be wrong...he just has to for the sake of being IFB.

It's very rare someone even argues about the right thing on my statements. Half the time I'm not even arguing about my argument, but trying to get people to argue on the right topic to begin with. I would say I'm just getting trolled all the time, but if the internet has shown me anything with a comments section on youtube video or news posting, it's that people are genuinely short sighted twits who love having opinions and hate getting the education needed to make one.

Fact: Under different account names in the past (no longer active, dont worry...) I have never had to deal with this and it leads me to believe these arguments only exist because of my reputation and not my logic.

Not understanding my logic does not equal me being wrong and often most of my 'poor judgements' are from people fabricating issues over arbitrary details or pulling things out of context. I once played devil's advocate to why Algol was banned simply as an open question in the sense of "Well is it true that Algol bubble lockdown shoots down certain characters?", fully admitting I did not know and hoped a more knowledgeable player would chime in to deny it since Ivy does not have a poor match up to Algol and I had heard this before...but within a few posts it was established "IFB thinks bubbles are OP". This is how nearly every argument starts. Some dumbass putting No Child Left Behind Act to blast by showcasing their reading comprehension skills and creating an argument that didn't actually exist. The worst part is the other dumbasses don't check either and buy into it and we have Fox News all up in this bitch. Don't even get me started if I make a typo or accidentally do the wrong notation for a move on a character I don't play...you think that could be solved with a "oh sorry meant ...." but no...that becomes eternal fact as IFB HAS to be wrong...he just has to for the sake of being IFB.

It's very rare someone even argues about the right thing on my statements. Half the time I'm not even arguing about my argument, but trying to get people to argue on the right topic to begin with. I would say I'm just getting trolled all the time, but if the internet has shown me anything with a comments section on youtube video or news posting, it's that people are genuinely short sighted twits who love having opinions and hate getting the education needed to make one.

Why do you do this to yourself? You just responded to a simple rib with a drivel filled self-assertion rant. What you have in logic you lack in restraint. While *I* don't value tact in favor of directness, you seem to value tact.. and you lack that too.

On Topic: You know what another identity-based tragedy is in American culture? Black women appearing more and more light skinned in public media to increase positive perception.

Why do you do this to yourself? You just responded to a simple rib with a drivel filled self-assertion rant. What you have in logic you lack in restraint. While *I* don't value tact in favor of directness, you seem to value tact.. and you lack that too.

On Topic: You know what another identity-based tragedy is in American culture? Black women appearing more and more light skinned in public media to increase positive perception.
People like to troll me through stupid short comments, I like to troll by making people read books of text for being stupid. To each his own. Be thankful I don't have a Glenn Beck chalk board. If people are gonna be assholes hiding behind keyboards, I might as well have my own fun. Call it therapeutic venting at your expense.

(also if you know I'm gonna predictably do this why do you trigger it. Cuz my reaction is funny? Well I find yelling at you about it funny. You NEED me and you love to hate me. Am I feeding the trolls or leading you guys into my own trolling? We both know ignoring the other is the solution yet we both press the button fully aware of the result.)

On Topic: That's stupid...wait...what happened to Oprah and Mrs. Buttersworth? O_O

If people are gonna be assholes hiding behind keyboards...
Why are you still hiding behind your keyboard not proving your opinions by winning offline SC battles? I have decided we both agree that is how all opinions on all subjects are proven. After you do well you can pull a S-U and write walls of text about how nothing bothers you, but at least then you'll have offline experience to make up for it.

Why are you still hiding behind your keyboard not proving your opinions by winning offline SC battles? I have decided we both agree that is how all opinions on all subjects are proven. After you do well you can pull a S-U and write walls of text about how nothing bothers you, but at least then you'll have offline experience to make up for it.
EVO 2012? Unless I can hit something for SC5 near Vegas before then. I'm retired from SC4. I'm all MVC right now. Hopefully a job change will give me what I need to start traveling to west coast tournaments because I really would like to enter those ranks eventually.

OK, wear make-up for looks and fashion. Make sure you are comfortable with it, decide if it is right for you. If you are, flaunt it away.

Don't wear make-up to impress others that you know aren't going to pay attention to you whether you wore it or not.

Everyday? Depends what you do everyday. School? Yes. Work? Yes. Burger King? Not necessary...

As a black man(despite being half asian as well), I'm jumping on this. Thanks to seeing Rihanna, Beyonce, and etc, I've gotten used to seeing light skin black ladies as sexy than dark skin. Why is that? Because for some reason, I can't find a dark skin lady attractive at least where I live. This does not mean I'm narrow minded for if they look banging I'll chat, but this is something I want to talk about. So tell me 8wayrunners, do you find dark skinned ladies attractive? Please provide a simple opinion. I'm inquisitive and want to expand on this.

Edit: @acefrost. Not to mention I'm good-lookin'

To be honest most of my posts would be infinitely shorter if people read the initial post rather than highlight a skimmed area and argue. It's very rare someone actually hits me with a direct counter argument based on what I say. If anything my presence is created by other peoples reaction.
Your arguments are valid and boring. That's not what this is about.

Not understanding my logic does not equal me being wrong.
Mr. "Voice of Logic", understanding your own logic doesn't mean you're right either. Vincent also pointed this out and you said:

I meant aspiring to be correct. Also no...'everyone else' does not decide what's correct...much less people in the fighting game community >_>. Logic is not marked by popular choice...and would rarely win if given to vote.
I don't feel I can put this gently. This is why you're an idiot. There are two definitions of logic here. You treat them as if they're the same thing. You are right in that the majority does not decide what is empirically correct, but don't think that because you can come to your own conclusive opinion built off of facts that you are more "correct" than another equally informed view. Your arguments will be judged on their own merit, not because you tout them as "logical."

As a black man(despite being half asian as well), I'm jumping on this. Thanks to seeing Rihanna, Beyonce, and etc, I've gotten used to seeing light skin black ladies as sexy than dark skin. Why is that? Because for some reason, I can't find a dark skin lady attractive at least where I live. This does not mean I'm narrow minded for if they look banging I'll chat, but this is something I want to talk about. So tell me 8wayrunners, do you find dark skinned ladies attractive? Please provide a simple opinion. I'm inquisitive and want to expand on this.

Edit: @acefrost. Not to mention I'm good-lookin'
I saw a light skinned black girl and a darker skinned one on the bus last Tuesday and they were both looking really good. and Idle you make it sound like African american females are purposely getting their skin lightened to a caramel color just to look good in public and that it is zero chance that they were born that way. don't know if that was your intention. my grandmother and mother look white but they still consider themselves AA. me, I'm caramel colored from my dad's side. I come from german descendants dating back to my great grandfather but I can't help nor change that. even though I'm proud that I'm German.

Back