Xbox One Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
so anyway, I heard there was a way for ps4 to be backwards compatible, or rather, it's sorta like how they're doing it now on the psn with ps2 and ps1 games i think.. don't quote me on it cause I'm not really sure.

anywho

I still find it interesting that you got more to talk about with the xbox one and not really much with the ps4.

My brother tell me it works like this: You can buy and stream previous gen games with a service similar to OnLive!, however, you can't use your old saves, and you have to repurchase any games/DLC if you want to play them on the streaming service. On the one hand it's nice that you *can* play previous gen games, on the other it's a cash grab that circumvents what we really all want backwards compatibility for, to make use of our current libraries.

It's a good and a bad thing.

And what's stopping developers from using an online pass that blocks the entire game? That is essentially what putting in a code to play the game on Xbox One is. If you want to call that a win for us then I can only facepalm.

That's still no different than what publishers can already do on PS3.

Online passes are dumb, but they aren't really a restriction at all if you purchased the game new.

Statistically most games only get the majority of their sales in the first 2 weeks, then after that they sharply decline, and the renters / user game buyers pick up from there. (Setting aside the anomalies like CoD and Halo.) I know a lot of gamers on Gamefaqs who almost never buy games new, they almost always wait one or two months and buy it used. I figure they'd buy it new if they had no choice, but since they have a choice, they just buy it used.

1) I'm sorry that playing video games has become your only social escape into meeting real life people at social gatherings. Please get a reality check kiddo.

2) I don't see your name anyone at the 2012 top brackets for EVO, so please stop listing credentials you haven't even achieved as a means of bragging. It'll just make you look pretentious and arrogant. Unless you're holding some "You Win!" plaque, you're just like an average joe talking smack.

AS THE TRUE AND MORE FAMOUS EZIO, this is absurdly ignorant and trying way too hard to troll. You have not been supporting the Calibur community just because you've been playing the series since you were little.

Srsly.

AS THE TRUE AND MORE FAMOUS EZIO, this is absurdly ignorant and trying way too hard to troll. You have not been supporting the Calibur community just because you've been playing the series since you were little.

Srsly.

I'm the real life Bane! *puts on mask* "I'm necessary evil.."

And it's not trolling to call someone out for boasting they go to offline tournaments. I mean unless they're an EVO champion I don't care... Hell what if I go to CoD tournaments? Will someone hand me a cookie? It's not trolling to say that, it's just logic. Hell I could go to EVO and get eliminated first round, but I'll still say "YO, I WENT TO EVO! WHERE WERE U AT BRAH?!?!"

why I golf clapped is because none of this has to do with xboxone, but people are attacking IJ because of what now? something stupid he said. But instead of moving on from it, you people press the issue. and then he gets you with something very clever. It's cute and deserving of a golf clap.

but not xbox one.

as entertaining as reading an online argument can be, unless it's settled by some good verbal smackdown, it really becomes a chore to read thru.
if ya'll niggas are true to heart gamers, settle it that way then. Go play a game. And then go bitch afterwards about who won, or shake hands and GG that shit.

xboxone and done got damn.

Wow this thread is ridiculous. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhaahahahhahahhaahahahaha

Sometimes, the most powerful thing to do is to leave stupidity alone and be gracious with it. Lest you'll only beget more stupidity if you try to choke it.

The XBO imho just strikes me skeptical than positive, but I'm gonna wait until both PS4 and XBO reveal their stuff before relinquishing any cash. To be honest though, it's gonna be tough to let go of X-box 360 and PS3.

Sometimes, the most powerful thing to do is to leave stupidity alone and be gracious with it. Lest you'll only beget more stupidity if you try to choke it.

The XBO imho just strikes me skeptical than positive, but I'm gonna wait until both PS4 and XBO reveal their stuff before relinquishing any cash. To be honest though, it's gonna be tough to let go of X-box 360 and PS3.

But that dude is a different level of stupid...

The way things are XBO has no way of pulling ps3 fans away and that's something that the ps4 has done without even doing anything. It seems as though Mircrosoft tried to put its hands into to many things and is alienating its core market. Also TV

But that dude is a different level of stupid...

The way things are XBO has no way of pulling ps3 fans away and that's something that the ps4 has done without even doing anything. It seems as though Mircrosoft tried to put its hands into to many things and is alienating its core market. Also TV

Trust me, I'd rather let fools win a silly argument than to lose my brain cells over a trivial matter haha. Other than that this vid is all I needed to know about XBO......

I'm still willing to give it a chance, but I'm thinking about going back to PSN with PS4. On a unrelated note, my older bro got a new PS3 so for the first time after 2+ years being PS3-less, I can try to play some games with you and everyone else more sometime soon. I may have to beg my older bro to get SCV though ^^;

Off topic: Yay! Now I can play KokoYoshi x3

When you get a chance, add me ASAP k? Haven't been on lately, but I'll come around eventually

P.S. I kinda suck so don't laugh at me k lol xD

On topic: So yeah, bout that Xbox one...

That's still no different than what publishers can already do on PS3.
They could do it on the 360 as well. The difference is starting something so outrageous from the beginning vs starting well into the console's lifetime. What do you think PS+ is?

and ALOT MORE PS3 games DONT have online passes at all. for the exclusives, i could care less. none of them are much of an interest to me anyways, and they are only a small handful of the many games in the PS3 library besides.

you're right they wont miss my money or your money. but they will miss everybody elses money if we're any sort of representation of how gamers feel(not only do people i know in RL feel the same way, alot of people around the net that i know feel the same way as well) then its THE COMPANIES who have to get with the times. our times. remember, newer =/= better, and DRM, although at this point it isnt exactly new, it is still new than the old way of buying games. and it is definitely not the better way.
Your missing my point. Publishers like EA and Ubisoft pushed the online passes to their games on both consoles. Sony and Microsoft had the option to do so as well but only Sony took it.

I don't understand how Sony and Nintendo get a pass on everything they do tbh. We'd most likely have to re-buy our entire PS3 library off Gaikai. That's a load of bullshit and IMO a very money grubbing move.

Microsoft may have a system like Steam. The other gaming related thing that requires internet occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back