Xiba, Yoshimitsu, Cervantes and Aeon Confirmed!

• Admin
Today, Famitsu announced four new characters for Soulcalibur V! While Yoshimitsu was "sort of" announced in the custom character trailer, there was never any real confirmation. As well, hints about Aeon Calcos comings from soundtrack leaks (the same way Raphael was discovered early). Aeon Calcos in case you don't know, is the original Lizardman!

In addition to the return of the immortal Cervantes, Namco has revealed a new staff user by the name of "Xiba". Xiba, a character clearly designed around the Monkey King from the Journey to the West story in Chinese Folklore. Several months back, Daishi stated on his twitter that Kilik was an "ill-fated" character. With the introduction of Xiba, it begs the question: "What happened to Kilik?"

2d_aeon.jpg 2d_cervantes.jpg 2d_xiba.jpg 2d_yoshimitsu.jpg
aeon_3D-Render.jpg cervantes_3D.jpg xiba1_3D-Render.jpg yoshimitsu_3D-Render.jpg xiba3.jpg alchemy2.jpg
aeon_astaroth.jpg aeon_astaroth2.jpg aeon_pyrrha.jpg aeon1.jpg
aeon2.jpg cervantes_ivy.jpg cervantes_natsu1.jpg cervantes_natsu2.jpg
cervantes1.jpg cervantes2.jpg cervantes3.jpg xiba_leixia.jpg
xiba_maxi.jpg xiba1.jpg xiba2.jpg yoshimitsu_mitsurugi.jpg
yoshimitsu_voldo1.jpg yoshimitsu_voldo2.jpg yoshimitsu1.jpg yoshimitsu2.jpg
alchemy1.jpg cave-ride1.jpg cave-ride2.jpg pirate-ship1.jpg
pirate-ship2.jpg

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Oh god, if Cervantes says "Come with me to hell...BROTHER!" I'll only main him in Fighting Style for Character Creation, and start looking for another main "MAIN" character. T.T

Oh god, if Cervantes says "Come with me to hell...BROTHER!" I'll only main him in Fighting Style for Character Creation, and start looking for another main "MAIN" character. T.T
??? Yo no comprendo?? what do you mean exactly o.O

How is it pronounced then, Zeeba?
dunno if anyone answered you yet, but Xiba is pronounced "shee - bah"; similar to how Xianghua is "shahng - hwah".

Overall, two mehs, and two woots! I like Xiba's design and Aeon's wings and firebreath. I'm not a fan of the exposed pectorals of Cervy, and I think Yoshi's color-scheme is uninspired-- although I do like (and find it kinda hilarious) that this is technically a different Yoshi. With characters like Xianghua, Kilik, Taki, etc. getting different characters to be their successors, the only one worthy to succeed Yoshi is another Yoshi.

although I do like (and find it kinda hilarious) that this is technically a different Yoshi. With characters like Xianghua, Kilik, Taki, etc. getting different characters to be their successors, the only one worthy to succeed Yoshi is another Yoshi.

yoshimitsu is a designation.

My reactions:

Lizardman: He has wings huh? Makes sense to a certain degree. I like the double axes, what new moves does he have in store. I wonder how this will be implemented in cas...

Cervantes: o.o....Dude you look dumb again. But glad to see ya back on the roster. Oh, and by the way, why are you human?

Xiba: Nice to see a new character, I do have a few gripes on the design, but nothing an under shirt wont fix.

Yoshimitsu: *big thumbs up* I am set.

Go QQ where all the Taki cry babys are at.
They'll be happy to have ya aboard the crying train. :)

Hey! On behalf of all Taki "cry babies" we could give a rats ass about Kilik. While we may understand Kilik's fan's rage, they still need to go form their own union. Obviously Namco cares less about them anyway. "Ill fated character" remember?

Taki? Well, she's alive during the time of this game. That was stated in attempt to quell the storm of hate that was unleashed with natsu's reveal. Taki has a real chance of being in this one. She's looking more like DLC at this point though... >.<

Woke up late today, not prepared for a ton of awesomeness, makes me hype for SCV even more! Thank you Namco, we all love ya
-Xiba = YunSung + Kilik, like the Goku design, now if his style is more fun than Kilik then I will have my second main all set, goodbye Yunsuck, hardly miss ya.
-Cervy: Cool, now Maxi won't be the only one bearing the title "Dandy of the Sea" anymore, image he and Cervy together on the same boat, pimping FTW.
-Yoshi: cool mask, am I the only one get the hint he is way better than the 1st?
-Aeon: OMG bird and reptile, what should we call him? Lizwing? DinoBird? Aeon the fallen Angelzard? at first I like all of the SC character designs, not anymore, but double hand axes style ensures he will be a badass fighter at least.

Hey! On behalf of all Taki "cry babies" we could give a rats ass about Kilik. While we may understand Kilik's fan's rage, they still need to go form their own union. Obviously Namco cares less about them anyway. "Ill fated character" remember?

Taki? Well, she's alive during the time of this game. That was stated in attempt to quell the storm of hate that was unleashed with natsu's reveal. Taki has a real chance of being in this one. She's looking more like DLC at this point though... >.<

..... I'm sorry..... is this sarcasm are are you legitimately offended by that comment o.O

Aside from the new guy... they couldn't have revealed 3 returning characters I was less excited about. Seriously if I had to line up my least favorites... Oh well. Cervantes is Ok but lizardman and yoshi bore me to tears. Such a shame. Kilik was dull to me too so I'm fine with him being replaced... looks like they replaced him with some one kind of dull as well but I'll wait til I hear him/see his gameplay before judgement.

they could have used another vest and collar on Xiba's design. the sleeveless dracula-collar vest slot is already taken by Zwei.

and why is there smoke coming out of the ground where Cerv put his sword?

Fuck Yeah! Cervantes is a pirate again.

Kilik replacement is dissapointing, Songoku (travel to the west) inspired character but he is mostly the random young kid.

I may not be completely correct on the years but I believe that Cervy got his new body 12 years ago or something. Im actually excited to play the story/campaign mode to find out all of the crazy shit that has happened over the last 17 years.

Im puzzled of course, as to why Cervy looks more "good" than he was in SC IV. Sheba/Xiba is pure awesome in my opinion. Yoshimitsu II is okay I suppose. The skull mask is kinda generic, though.

As for Aeon, I like the wings touch. Hope we can equip them in CAS.

8230-3d8eb5c89bd3d46697d54c350456700c.jpg

Isn't there 2 Yoshimitsu's. Could this be the modern or Tekken Yoshimitsu because he is holding the other Yoshi's mask like he killed him or something.

Live streams

5 Viewers
SeichoTV
SeichoTV
Few Ranked matches while buzzed. Come vibe friends :3 ☯ | Love Questions and Anime! Ask up c: |
2 Viewers
dante87zockt
dante87zockt
Lets Try Tunic+Fetzen mit Pinkyy💖
1 Viewers
RareSaiyan_
RareSaiyan_
Early Morning Taki Training | Soul Calibur Vybez | Laptop Charger Broke |SCVIW/RareSaiyan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back