1A+B

knucklepunch555

[08] Mercenary
I honestly don't get why in any circumstances you'd use this move. It stuns sure but so do other moves. Plus it's extremely weak. Can someone please explain how they use it?

It's only useful on grounded opponents. It's good for people who like stay on the ground and play dead. FC 1A+B would stun them and give free 1A; or 4A+B unblockable, or ninja cannon, or 44K tech catch opportunities among other things. It can potentially lead into some sick damage.

It's also guaranteed as a combo following moves like BT 2K and and PO Hover A, and then leads into the ground game.

So pretty much....it's used to set up for traps on grounded opponents.

Hope that helps.

isn't it FC 1A+B?

it might have another use. since one of its better qualities is its range, it could in theory stop someone from charging at you after a knockdown, say. compared to most of Taki's moves, this is actually a viable keep-out option because it doesn't require you to be right in their face to attack. and it has decent frames on hit.

isn't it FC 1A+B?

it might have another use. since one of its better qualities is its range, it could in theory stop someone from charging at you after a knockdown, say. compared to most of Taki's moves, this is actually a viable keep-out option because it doesn't require you to be right in their face to attack. and it has decent frames on hit.

Problem with this is....it's punishable on block, really doesn't have any range, and all-around shitty move if they're on their feet. =P

Taki has plenty of much better options that do the keep-out thing like you described. FC 1A+B is definitely not one of them.

isn't it FC 1A+B?

Problem with this is....it's punishable on block, really doesn't have any range, and all-around shitty move if they're on their feet. =P

Taki has plenty of much better options that do the keep-out thing like you described. FC 1A+B is definitely not one of them.

so what else would you use for keep-out then?

options other than "HELLO HERE'S A BOMB IN MY HAND, GIMME A MINUTE TO CHARGE THIS THING UP."? lol :P

there's also maybe baiting them into hover drop combos, but again it's quite obvious, and takes time to set up.

anyway i realize caltrops aren't the best move, but nice for a surprise possibly. the range it has extends about as far as her kick, but her own hitbox is smaller, and she doesn't advance at all. could also use it as FC punishment.

isn't it FC 1A+B?

options other than "HELLO HERE'S A BOMB IN MY HAND, GIMME A MINUTE TO CHARGE THIS THING UP."? lol :P

6B and 3K alone are great at mid-range. They're really safe on block and good advantage on hit.

Even 33B is better, with the knock down on hit and pushback on block far enough to take you out of BB range most of the time.
66A has amazing knockback at max range.
33ABBB also has good pushback and range.

And don't underestimate ninja cannon. It's the safest low in the game for the amount of damage it does. The mekki cancel makes them think twice about trying to jump it.

There are so many better moves she has to the point where you should pretty much never use FC 1A+B ever. There's zero payoff for hitting a standing opponent with it and it's too unsafe. It's okay for the situations I described above for setting up traps on grounded and such, but overall, this move should be used sparingly.

It does good soul damage for a neutral move. I use it for an out-of-nowhere guard break attempt if the opponent is flashing red. It pops up aired opponents and can potentially be used as a tech trap given its properties... Mid that hits grounded. Problem with that last statement though, I've not tested out any applications for it as a tech trap so I just use it for soul damage.

Oh and if we're talking about FC 1A+B, that move is awesome for making your opponent want to stand up. If they get hit while grounded, you can attempt a HO move or do cannon tech traps. It's not the beast it used to be in SC3, but it has its uses.

Well we don't want to discourage anyone from asking any questions around here

But yeah, it's not that great of a move and it's veeeeeeeeeeery situational.

1A+B (Jumping backflip??) is not really a good move to use in itself, but it is good when you have someone tricky with spacing. So you'd use it at a couple character lengths as a evade/get in move...cuz she can roll away on block...or recover grounded on whiff. It evades decently. BUT its mostly to throw of you're opponent off...not a main move.

Poison Dart are poison darts..cept crappier

Oh wow! I thought we were talking about the poison darts this whole time.

It's such a bad move that I never even thought we might be talking about that jumping backflip. Boy I feel silly.

In that case.....well it does decent soul guage damage. But I don't like missing and falling on my face.

So yeah, I never use it. And I can't think of a situation where I would use it over any other option I could use.

It's hilarious when you hit with it though =P

No. I think everyone meant to talk Poison Dart.
The notation for Mat is 2A+B anyway.
Which is actually good for people who dont know how unsafe it.
That and it does awesome SG damage. I'd be broke if she didnt roll away for a punish.

its very useful after the combo: HOV B, WS K, 1BA PO, DASH=Cancel,1A+B..then you can Techtrap from that such as 44K..or just 1A..

isn't it FC 1A+B?

The thing that gets me about this is why would Taki ever want to keep an opponent out of her range? Maybe i'm understanding this wrong, or maybe there's some good in Taki's spacing game. If there is, someone please let me know cause I can't think of any way that taki could be good for keeping an opponent out.

Only use I can think of for 1 A+B is that it's good for an attempted grab or a spaced low once she gets air born. After this it spaces you guys out, but like I said previously I can't find any good game with Taki from a distance.

On the other hand, I've found BT 2 A+B to be much more helpful than 1 A+B (especially after Wind Roll BKB) because even if it's the same move, the BT version does 40 damage instead of 20, you don't roll away from your opponent (which taki's spacing game sucks) and you can roll chase someone for a free WR if they attempt to get up attacking.

Goin off subject alittle bit but if you get 3 reads from:

A B: B: B, 6 A+B TT (First read), Wind Roll BKB, BT 2 A+B (Second Read), into roll WR K (Third Read), 1 BA, PO B

it does about 180 damage.

Oh yea FLG I was reading your siggy and did you know that on 44K Tech trap you actually don't have to do 44K PO for a BT B+K. If your timing is excellent you could do a 44K standard into 3bK PO Cancel and repeat the last part of the sequence 3bK Po Cancel, 1 BA Po Cancel, FC 1 A+B, 44K). If they stupid enough to try and tech again you an rinse and repeat, and put the opponent in an unlimited stun combo (3bK Po Cancel, 1 BA Po Cancel, FC 1 A+B, 44K, 3bK Po Cancel, 1 BA Po Cancel, FC 1 A+B 44K,........~).

The reason why I recommend this over just doing a standard 44K stun combo is the fact on block 44K standard is extremely punishable on block and if you catch the opponent in a TT it's damn near impossible to shake the stun (only if they start shaking after the stun). I believe 44K is probably the hardest stun to shake in the game, but i'm not 100% sure on that.

I didn't think you could PO cancel into an FC move, 'cause I thought you had to do it only with a 1 or 4 input. You are talking about a Possession Rush cancel, right, not a cancel straight out of Possession? (btw, on that note I've devised some notation for the Possession cancels which I think are brief and compact while still being technically accurate on all points, is that needed?) If you're canceling Possession, how do you do that?

^

Yea you can't PO cancel into a FC, just 4, but the thing is if you combine 4G you will go straight into guard and then can go into duck afterwards. iirc you can duck in as little as 1 frame after the PO cancel and since 1BA is an unshakeable stun you can PO rush down cancel and FC 1A+B before the person has a chance to move, adding it into the combo. If your opponent tries to ukemi back or straight up, 44K will catch them for the TT. 6 A+B is a better option after FC 1 A+B stun imo cause it's safe and if they ukemi anywhere but backwards that's a garunteed 67 damage. If the opponent is against the wall there's no safe position they can tech and the 6 A+B is a garunteed TT from all angles.

Oh yea FLG I was reading your siggy and did you know that on 44K Tech trap you actually don't have to do 44K PO for a BT B+K. If your timing is excellent you could do a 44K standard into 3bK PO Cancel and repeat the last part of the sequence 3bK Po Cancel, 1 BA Po Cancel, FC 1 A+B, 44K). If they stupid enough to try and tech again you an rinse and repeat, and put the opponent in an unlimited stun combo (3bK Po Cancel, 1 BA Po Cancel, FC 1 A+B, 44K, 3bK Po Cancel, 1 BA Po Cancel, FC 1 A+B 44K,........~).

The reason why I recommend this over just doing a standard 44K stun combo is the fact on block 44K standard is extremely punishable on block and if you catch the opponent in a TT it's damn near impossible to shake the stun (only if they start shaking after the stun). I believe 44K is probably the hardest stun to shake in the game, but i'm not 100% sure on that.

oh yeah i know you could go for that 3Bk after 44K.. Her 44k stun is very hard to shake...

^

Yea you can't PO cancel into a FC, just 4, but the thing is if you combine 4G you will go straight into guard and then can go into duck afterwards.
*tries it out*

... holy $%&@. You can do anything with this! High, low, jump. Feint. Make coffee. Save orphans. It's omnipotent. I have to try ish with this. Forget Lizardman.

Back