1K1_3A+G_B+G useage?

IvyFanboy

[11] Champion
I've been trying to work in 1K1_3A+G_B+G in my follow ups, sometimes the grab is guaranteed and other times not. I assume it's guaranteed on a tech, is this correct? Or is it counter hit only?

Point of using it is just more mind game of course and to confuse the break if attempting RO.

It has only one real use: vs sleepers who you want to RO or get position on, or are off axis. It will only work once a match. Maybe even once per player.

Basically, you need to put them in a situation where you know 100% that they're not going to tech or roll. They have to be completely asleep at the wheel or at least in severe brainfreeze.

An example is post 1A+G, B+K. During the ground stun you can dash up and apply your mixup vs tech (2b+g for the rock doom combo or whatever you want). If they're wise to that they won't tech, giving you a GT openning. Problem is, they're head toward. So if you want your forward RO you need them to be feet toward, which is easily accomplished with 1k, 3a+g. Like I said, this will only work if they're trying to avoid the low throw and maybe mashing bbbb to escape the more damaging 1b+g option. If they wait and roll they can still get out.

Good luck. I've managed to land it about once per person I play against, always in casuals where I'm fucking around. If I see a chance at the next tourney I will definitely make someone look like a chump though.

hmmm. ive been using it online and its been pretty good...but then again people online dont know what theyre doing lol. Sad. Really was hoping this move would add some depth to his game play.

I think this move is useless in this version. 1K on ground hit is all that's guaranteed. Huge advantage on ground hit.. :)

However in BD, 1K~ ground throw is epic! :D I wish it was in SCIV though.. Sigh..

I think the original purpose of the 1K series was standing mixup vs people who tech and ground throws vs people who stay grounded. 1K ground hit > opponent techs gives Rock a crap load of advantage; I don't remember the exact frames, but a lot of moves are uninterruptable for Rock in this situation (basic throw/mid/CT would be the usual followup).

So if i do it, it should really be poking for a hit confirm and then decide a mix up or to block? Never use the 1K>GT unless I train them on it?

You can't really hit confirm it. You have to input the GT right away or it won't come out. You can use 1k by itself for the extra hit and frame advantage.

Thing is, they can almost always roll out if they're paying attention, so landing the GT is entirely dependant on training them to not expect it. The scenario I laid out earlier is a good example. Lot's of 1ks without a followup could work as well.

You can think of 1K as a poke against grounded opponents that can put them into another mixup.

To train them not to tech is a matter of using empty 1Ks. Empty 1K ground hit > opponent techs, is pretty damn good I tell you. Standing throws, Bull Rush, and even WR B are all uninterruptable in that situation. At some point you'll probably want opponents to tech after 1K.

Back