2012 EVO Lineup Announcement On 1/3

On Wakeup SRK, it was announced that the lineup for EVO 2012 will be officially announced during a live broadcast of the show with Mr. Wizard on Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 10PM Eastern/7PM Pacific. Along with the announcement, there will be questions taken from viewers that Mr. Wizard will answer, along with other details that will be provided about EVO 2012.

Is Soulcalibur V a lock to make it into the lineup? What about Street Fighter Versus Tekken? Does Mortal Kombat return for another year? Make your predictions in the comments and tune in on Tuesday night to find out.

Note: Keits mentioned to me that the live broadcast will probably be on his Twitch channel. If anything changes, I will update this section.

http://www.twitch.tv/keits

I think it's a given that Apology Edition, Mahvel, and SCV will be in. I think GEMfighter X Tekken will make the cut too, if it doesn't get delayed. And the last spot will be a toss up between BB, KoF, and MK. I think MK will win out, though. It seems more popular than the other two...

Ya most of the spots are easy.

SF4. UMvC3, SFxT, SC5 now here is where the upsets come, OR Evo will extend the number of games to compensate for the rush of new titles.
It's gonna be a mean toss between BBCSEX, KoFXIII, MK9 and Skullgirls <--- the sleeper

I myself want BB in there the most, with KoFXIII being close and i will be on SKullgirls as well. My main games are BB, SC5 and Marvel so i already have 2/3, just need that BB in there.

I'm really hoping EVO will decide to increase the number of games, I enjoy watching everything besides SF right now. I'd love to see KOF/Skullgirls on the main stage. If only TTT2 was being released much earlier to console...love watching that game.

SSFIV: AE 2012 (i.e. 'pain in the ass to type out every time' edition)
uMvC3
Tekken 6
Mortal Kombat 9 (I thought last year's crowd was great, and I don't even like MK9)
King of Fighters XIII

I think that'll be the 2012 EVO Lineup. Unless SCV gets a LOT of praise upon release or they extend the number of games. I guess SCV could get in over KoF XIII (in an ideal world, they'd both be in). I don't think BlazBlue, Skullgirls, or Death Cargo (lol) will make it.

If SCV ISN'T put on the EVO roster, I will be surprised - SCIV got a spot twice and this is an eagerly awaited title after all. =/

However, should it for whatever reason be snubbed by other (Significantly worse) games such as T6 or MK9 then I am going to call it quits and retire from Soul Calibur - if there's no big interest/support in the first year I won't even humor trying to keep up with the scene, I'll just go and further myself on competitive Marvel. =/

Come on EVO? Do you really need ANOTHER Marvel player? Put SCV on the roster. =3

I believe in SC V potential so SC V is a sure thing for me. Even if Gem Fighter x Tekken is new and all there's a lot of contreversy around it. Lots of high level and sponsored players have a bad opinion of the game as of now. So i wouldn't be surprised if its not in there. My guess is:

SSF IV 2012
UMVC3
Soul Calibur V
Mortal Kombat 9 ( i would prefer KOF but im dreaming )

SCV is a sure thing. There has just been to much hype about this game. (also I would like to point out that the world has waited an ENTIRE PRESIDENTIAL TERM to receive the next SC installment.)

Also I see MK9 since it's pretty damn popular and I don't think it will lose that much steam between now and Evo. I also see UMVC3 and some form of SF. My vote is that Tekken gets snubbed at this years EVO.

Why some people think that SFxT or T6 won't be in? I honestly know nothing about the first, but I'm quite surprised by this. It didn't turn out to be that good? And as for T6, at first I thought it would surely be in, but now...
I mean... it's Tekken!

And as for SCV, I believe that it'll be surely in the game roster. Also watch Namco's moves; the pre-release demos, all the SCV little tourneys, advertisements, trailers, events, competitions, listening to fans, even the new mechanics, etc. have raised the interest of random casuals and many people who have played other games like SF (competetively or not), etc. Everybody looks forward to it. Look at us lol! There's so much hype!
IMO SCV will turn out to be an awesome game (the gameplay seems great), it's fame will be raised (it already is), so lefting it out from such a big tourney would be a lame move.

And yeah I don't play or care about the rest fighting games so I'm not gonna speculate about them.
O.o if all Namco's games stay out.

After last years lackluster crowd response, and a small showing, and with TTT2 on the way, I doubt T6 will be making it back. They would have to seriously bribe the EVO staff for it to get back in.

SFxT depends almost entirely on if it takes off as a competitive game, and with the EVO staff announcing so early, who knows if skepticism will inform their choice.

Wow, you guys really like MK9. I have no earthly idea why.

I doubt that MK will make it because a) top players stop playing after the PDP tournament, b) (if I'm not mistaken) it had less numbers that most of the other tournaments at EVO last year, besides maybe Tekken 6, c) even MK players themselves, like LI Joe and Sabin, said their tournament scene has mostly died off after EVO, for a variety of reasons. [see this link: http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...ombat-special-feat-arturo-sanchez-and-li.html]

Tekken 6 won't make it, because their tournament scene has died off too, though it will probably explode again for TTT2. Not even MLG could revitalize it. I know this because I stay close to ATL, which could be considered the Tekken Mecca (outside of maybe SoCal and Texas). Even there, Tekken players have trouble finding people to play. Not to mention people were very vocal about being bored to tears with Bob vs. Bob at last year's EVO. Also, people forget how T6 WASN'T EVEN ON EVO 2k11 LINEUP originally, but was added a mere 1-2 months before the tournament [likely due to namco dollars]

Marvel and SF4 are shoe-ins. SFxT is having alot of PR troubles, but honestly, the game still has a great chance of making the line-up for the simple fact that it's a Capcom game at a major that historically has focused on Capcom games.

My Viola crystal ball tells me that there will be six games this year (unless EVO finally turns into a 4-day expo, which is unlikely this year) Marvel/SF4/SFxT will be 3 spots.

There WILL be at least one 3D game, so EVO can tout variety when advertising (which will be a good move). There probably won't be more than one, though, so SC5 automatically fills that spot. KOF XIII has a very good chance of making it, because it has been an almost universally-praised game with positive coverage, even despite the bad netcode (which is super-surprising). The only thing holding it back is the relatively small amount of players, but to which is growing fast, if NEC, SCR, and press coverage is any indication. I think they are approaching BB player levels right now, which is great considering the SNK scene was non-existent as of early November.

BB has a better chance than Skullgirls, I think. Skullgirls has aloooot of support and potential fans, but it doesn't have a guaranteed number of people willing to play in tournaments like BB does. Nobody's played anything outside of an early beta, and people are still learning how the game is actually supposed to work. Even with SFxT, people have an idea of how will play (like a simplified SF4 with tag). It's still too early for the game to have solid opinions on the game, so while it will be exposéd at EVO, I doubt it will make the main lineup -- the last delay killed its chances for that, I think.

I'm just sad that VF won't be out in time to make it.... :(

SSF4(2012), SC5, SFxT, KOF, UMvC, (Skullgirls or SF3?!?)

Think MK is over. Had a great start, but they kinda fucked themselves. Side tournaments for sure tho? Either way I will be playing UMvC and SC this year anyway. MK throws my UMVC game off with timing and my complaints about the game were never addressed so I won't play it again this year.

I'm really curious about SF3 tho. It's dated, but it might have enough nostalgia to pull an SF2:HD and see a slot.

SSF4(2012), SC5, SFxT, KOF, UMvC, (Skullgirls or SF3?!?)

Think MK is over. Had a great start, but they kinda fucked themselves. Side tournaments for sure tho? Either way I will be playing UMvC and SC this year anyway. MK throws my UMVC game off with timing and my complaints about the game were never addressed so I won't play it again this year.

I'm really curious about SF3 tho. It's dated, but it might have enough nostalgia to pull an SF2:HD and see a slot.

Mr. Wizard (one of EVO/SRK founders) himself said that we would see Virtua Fighter (as in the OLD ones, not the new FS version coming this summer) before we would see 3rd strike at EVO again.

That means it ain't happening. But as much as I love 3rd strike, who wants to watch Chun Li vs Chun-Li/Yun/Ken times 100?

I highly doubt SFxT makes it. It looked like the sickest fighting game ever... and then they had to mess it all up with this gem bullshit.

Perhaps SF3 Online gets in the roster with SC5?

I don't think too many people were fond of the 5+ Bob mirror matches that T6 had in its top 8. I think this alone will guarantee it not show up next EVO.

GEMFXT has a high probability in makin' it because it has that "new factor". EVO goes after the new titles first. Perfect example: MK came out in April of this year, and it STILL made it to this year's EVO. You can't sleep on dat "New Factor". It also has Capcom as its developer, and this alone gives it priority over other games...

I hope they up the game count as well because there's a lot of good games out right now. If they don't, it's gonna be a hard choice to pick from MK, KoF, BB, and Skull Girls[SGs]. I still think MK will win over these games solely based on popularity...

Live streams

72 Viewers
Bigpapachunk
Bigpapachunk
Wednesday Night Fights 2024 Ep.17 - guess who is streaming rn, and not going to Japan this weekend :')
6 Viewers
MrDrou
MrDrou
I hope i get to play as my main. (round 2)

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back