236B: 4 Timing Question

Yamibakeru

[08] Mercenary
Hey guys. I have a problem whenever I do 236B. I hardly ever nail the 4 follow-up, Just or normal. It seems to happen on occasion, but then I quickly lose it. What's the timing for 236B4, and any tips on how to pull it off consistently? Thanks.

The timing you're aiming for is right as her sword enters the opponent. You dont want to start pressing it then, you want to be pressing it then. The JF is the earliest the 4 could be pressed. I don't have any tricks for hand timing because it's different out of the blue vs different buffer situations.

Thanks for the tip. Was practicing just now, found that if I listen out for Sophie's battle cry when she does the stab, and press 4 when she is yelling, I tend to succeed. In fact, I'm more consistent when not looking at the screen than when looking at it.

is 236236b 236236b4 really hard cause ive only seen one person do it and its the best and only good sophitia iv seen
heres the link hes amazing

Trying to get the JF on the 4 might be a little tough, but difficulties with double deathfist aren't anything 5 minutes in practice mode won't fix, you don't even need to buffer the second one really.

thanks and does doing the 4 in a combo make it easier like how setsuka's jf umbrella is after A+K B

If you're doing it right, you can only do the 4 in the combo here as the last hit, so it doesn't make anything else easier. The 4 itself is a little easier though because you get a little time to confirm the first hit and think about the timing.

Hey guys. I have a problem whenever I do 236B. I hardly ever nail the 4 follow-up, Just or normal. It seems to happen on occasion, but then I quickly lose it. What's the timing for 236B4, and any tips on how to pull it off consistently? Thanks.

I have a weird mindset that works for me buy may work for you.... don't think about completing 4 all the time. What I mean is just do it naturally and don't about it too much... for some unforseen reason, I have an easier time getting the 4 just frame when I don't exert effort on the timing, but when I do concentrate on getting the just frame, I almost never get it. Is there something wrong with me? I don't even know anymore o_O.

You should go into practice and get into the habit of going 236B then pressing 4 in one motion. The same applies to Cassandra's 66A+B.

yeah but with cassandras 66 A+B ya can spam 4 and it works all the time..i just go to practice mode and press the button in the monet where the lil ballon "high/mid or low" appears it works fine for me with the just frames..just try it ;)

Okay, I'm aware this thread is long dead, but maybe this little bit of information may still serve some further readers in search of hints on easier 236B:4 input :) Unlikely, yet possible.

I use a plain unmodified X360 controller (it was easier for me, being a PS2 veteran and all, to adapt to its strange layout than to a totally different control concept behind arcade sticks). I'm a clumsy player, so I've developed an extremely weird technique to achieve a rather trivial result, I guess :) Anyway, that's how I get my iFC236B:4 on a more or less consistent basis, step by step:

1. Hold G. Do not release, it's not necessary, the following 236 input will register.
2. 236 with an analog stick.
3. A+B, mapped to L2 (or whatever it's called by Microsoft), which results in a B input in this particular case.
4. The moment the hit connects, press B face button and, immediately,
5. do a 4 with your stick.

Note on steps 4 and 5: B button resets the movement buffer to neutral (5). It's crucial, if you want your following 4 input to be reliable. Of course, you may press A or K, but B is much more convenient, since if you are anything like me (i. e., not a paragon of unerring motoric accuracy ;)), you'll eventually end up pressing that face button earlier then A+B. If that happens, there is a solid chance the game will still register the input the way you need: the face B will be your basic B after 236, while A+B will serve as a buffer reset button. Now, if you use A or K for buffer clearing, you'll get 236A's and 236K's in these circumstances, of course.

The results are quite satisfying. It's not a 100% 236B:4, but it's close to 100% 236B4, which is not bad in its own humble way :) Still wish the 236B:4 was as easy to achieve as it was in SCIII, though. After all, Soulcalibur is a purely tactical fighting game, and as such, it was never centered on difficult moves, input and execution-wise.

hi, i found a way to do it with sophitia, haven't tried it with custom characters yet. i first started trying to do it with 2BB4. i noticed that she yells or something when she does it (actually she does it twice). right after her 2nd yell i immediately press 4. i can even do it with my eyes closed now (but, then again, it's because of the sound not the sight i do it with).

so....i also noticed that she does the 2nd yell from 2BB in 236B. when i noticed that, i tried the same method......and it worked.

Back