25 Souls - a CaS recreation video

Eyce_Theon

[09] Warrior
[youtube=25 Souls]SR56Pl7rwFs[/youtube]

Description on Youtube said:
A few months ago, I set out to create 13 Destined Battles through CaS, using each of the 25 fighting styles that SC4 will allow you to use on a CaS character. I created this video to showcase this collection that I have built, and to encourage any other Soul Calibur fans to use their imagination in any creation of their own.

The creations and sources:
Little Red v. Papa Smurph - (Fantasy)
Ronald v. Hamburglar - (McDonalds)
Robin v. Harley Quinn - (Batman)
Ozymandias v. Dr. Manhattan - (Watchmen)
Iron Man v. Dr. Doom - (Marvel Comics)
Cammy v. Dan - (Street Fighter)
Raiden v. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Princess Zelda v. Tingle (Zelda)
White Mage v. Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
Masamune Date v. Mitsuhide (Samurai Warriors)
Captain Planet v. Dr. Blight - (Captain Planet)
Jesus v. Death - (Various, bickering religions)
Hwang Seong-Gyeong- (Soul Blade and Soul Calibur I)

I will share the formula for any of these creations if asked. Just message me here or on http://www.8wayrun.com/

Inspiration for many of these recreations came from Ugo's Top 50 CaS Characters - http://www.ugo.com/games/soulcalibur-... I suggest checking it out, there are a few really cool ideas there.

Yeah, I'm surprised I got my capture card working again. It's a seriously old card with major issues. The MPEGs (only format) it outputs recordings in are horrible and can't be played on anything but VLC. I had to use the software that came with it to combine all my clips and turn it into an AVI so other programs could read it, then turn around and use Windows Movie Maker to add music and credits. My card is also older than widescreen, so it captured the letterbox that SC4 uses to make the game 4:3, which transfers to Youtube as a video not taking up all the screen space.

It looks good otherwise though, I'm pleased. This video was half a test to see if I could get the card working again, and since I did I might make another video later showcasing my collection of old SC costumes in motion (once I finish that collection with my other 25 slots, that is :p).

Enjoy.

Awesome, and the song you picked for the video was appropriate and then some. I thought it was an instumental track from Nightwish or Epica, until I saw the end credits.

I did something similar to what you did, thought I worked with fewer series. Additionally, I made heroes from one franchise and villians from another, though I didn't just randomly choose which series would interesct. (short answer is that I'm writing an epic fanfiction piece that takes place in one fandom but has major influences stemming from another.)

I would gladly share my customs and oc's but unfortunately, I have no idea how to get quaility images from the PS3 onto my computer. If I even have a capture card, I've no idea how to use it. When I photographed some custom protagonists from various Final Fantasy games a few months back, the picture quality was rather sub-par. And those were just made for experimenting, as I deleted them soon after. The customs I have now are ones I intend to keep, and I would only want the best picture quality with which to share them...

Great work. If you can think of any more "destined battle" type pairings, or fitting crossovers, don't hesitate to post them.

Back