360 online adapter

hotX

[10] Knight
I'm going to buy an online adapter for my old 360. Is Microsoft's the best for N networks or are there any better third-party adapters?

I have one ethernet port in my house and it's being used for my modem.

I have one ethernet port in my house and it's being used for my modem.
You can buy a router. Or disconnect the ethernet cord that is connected from your modem to your computer and put that one in your xbox then put it back when you're done.

I probably should have explained this better. The ethernet port and the console are on different floors and I can't move the console to share the ethernet port due to space and family issues.

Oh, I see. 360 adapters are Microsoft specialized. There is no 3rd party. I would recommend doing "Connection Sharing" with a laptop. Costs less than those adapters if you already have a laptop. All you would need to buy is another ethernet cord.

A wireless range expander can work like that too. I have one with 4 ethernet ports. Generally plays well with my network stuff.

Connection sharing isn't working out for me. I may have had one lag free, disconnect free match.

Connection sharing isn't working out for me. I may have had one lag free, disconnect free match.
That adapter won't do you much better. You'll need to move your xbox to a room closer to the router. :P
Each wall between your laptop/xbox will weaken the connection.

I checked my online speeds in my basement (game room) and my bedroom (very close to my router) and it's 10 times faster in my bedroom. Looks like the 360 is going upstairs. I always wondered what SCV looks like on a full screen TV.

I checked my online speeds in my basement (game room) and my bedroom (very close to my router) and it's 10 times faster in my bedroom. Looks like the 360 is going upstairs. I always wondered what SCV looks like on a full screen TV.
That's quite a dramatic difference. xD

Back