4A+B Raph's AGI

CappuccinoJak

[12] Conqueror
i'm having such a hard time with landing this. it's not instantaneous like setsuka's or sophitia's so it has a weird timing plus i think it only GI's horizontals, correct?

No GI is in instantaneous, just varying degrees of start up. The start up is in fact the same as setsuka's A+B and only one frame slower than sophie's. Yes it only GIs high/mid/smid/slow horizontals that I know of.

In addition, it's useless against a decent player because if you successfully GI with it, your automatic attack can be GI'd right back at you.

Moves and Strings 4A+B can GI

Algol
66BA (MM)

Amy
1KA (MH)

Astaroth
AA (HH)
3KA (MH)
3K(A) (MM)
1KA (LH)

Cassandra
6AAA (HHH)
4BB:A (MMH)
22_88AA (AA)
66B+KA (MH) guaranteed JI

Hilde
3BA (MH)
22_88AA (HH)

Ivy
CL AA+K (HH) guaranteed JI
CL 6AA+K (HMH) guaranteed JI on 3rd hit, normal GI on 2nd hit
CL WR AA (MMH)
CL A+B,A+K (MLM) (does not GI, makes 3rd hit whiff)
WP 6AA (HMH) guaranteed JI on 3rd hit, 2nd hit not aGIable
WP 4A+BB (MMMMMMM)
SE A623A (HM)

Lizardman
22_88AA (HH)

Maxi
B+KBBBA (MMMMMMMMMM)
66AA guaranteed JI (HH)

Mitsurugi
44AA (HH)

Nightmare
AA guaranteed JI (HH)
3AA (MM)

Raphael
22_88AA (HH) guaranteed JI
VE A (MH)

Rock
AA (HH)
6AA (HH)
4KA (MH)

Seong Mi-na
WR AA (MM)
4A+BA (MMMH)
33_99AA (MM)

Setsuka
6AA guaranteed JI (HM)
44BA (MM)
22_88A+BA (MH)

Siegfried
AA (HH)
A+KA (HH)
a+kAA (HH)
SCH A (HM)

Sophitia
1AA (LM)
1AAA (HLM) 3rd hit

Taki
WR AAA (MHM)
BA (MH)
22_88KA (HHM)

Talim
AA6BA (HHMH)
3BA (MH)
44AA (HM)

Tira
GS 6AA (HMH)
JS 44AA (HM)

Xianghua
WR AA (MM)
6BA guaranteed JI (HM)
1kAA (MM)
11BA (MM)
33KA (MH)

Zasalamel
1BBA (MMH)
BT B+K (MM)

I would say the guaranteed JI ones are the most useful out of all of them, since they're a lot harder to impact back. However, do note that some of these are strings that are Mid-High, and you would get more damage off of 4B and its combos.

Not useless, but very niche. However, this has inspired me to do a string defense study, on what the best options are against any given string. We'll see where that inspiration leads me.

Heaton : good job.. can you specify which of these end in mid hori strings ? My knowledge of non-raph characters are not up to snuff

REALLY ONLY FOR THESE MOVES ?
I THOUGHT it would be more and more MOVES?

I'm going to assume english isn't your first language right now, so i'll try to simplify my explanation

1) Heaton kindly provided a list of strings that you can 4A+B at the end, because strings are easy to recognize
2) Any weapon attack that is special low, special mid, mid or high horizontal can be GI'd, and that list is just some of the more recognizable strings
3) Bad way to bump up your post count with random capslocks

I'm going to assume english isn't your first language right now, so i'll try to simplify my explanation

1) Heaton kindly provided a list of strings that you can 4A+B at the end, because strings are easy to recognize
2) Any weapon attack that is special low, special mid, mid or high horizontal can be GI'd, and that list is just some of the more recognizable strings
3) Bad way to bump up your post count with random capslocks
You are right .Thank you for your explanation and attention.

Back