4B Tech Traps (Video)

Looks like we have to put a light delay before performing DNS B:4 after the 44K.
I can be really tricky for our opponents as we can get him the wrong timing.

It's still a nice combo, now we have to make sure our opponents want to tech !

Something big and scary like 8B+K might be useful to make them want to tech. Smart players usually won't tech after a big wall combo, but they might if you condition them right.

I can't watch the video at the moment, but is 4[A]A 3B CE 4B in there? Does 200ish with CE combo after 4B but doesn't work on some characters because they don't get turned properly for the 3B back hit.

Apologies in advance for the shitty notation, I'm not sure how to access my pretentious alt code arrow symbols on my phone.

I can't watch the video at the moment, but is 4[A]A 3B CE 4B in there? Does 200ish with CE combo after 4B but doesn't work on some characters because they don't get turned properly for the 3B back hit.

Apologies in advance for the shitty notation, I'm not sure how to access my pretentious alt code arrow symbols on my phone.

You mean when the opponent tech after being hit by the CE when being on the ground ?

Yeah. No special timing required either, a buffered 4B will catch all after any air hit CE that lands the opponent in a face-down head-towards position, such as after 4(A)A 3B CE on most characters.

Though with the 4[A]A > 3B > CE > 4B techtrap, I find that if they do tech and your 4B hits, the opponent will often fall in such a way that you can't combo the 4B into another CE. In fact, against characters with tiny hitboxes like Leixia, don't be surprised if the CE whiffs completely.

I imagine it'll still connect consistently on fat characters like Asta though, haven't tested thoroughly.

I've never had that problem. Usually when something goes wrong it's the 4(A)A not turning them BT for the proper launch needed (which is the exact opposite problem for getting DNS B:4 to work after 4(A)A). I've never bothered with this tech trap in a real match though, because like Partisan said once, Omega's tech traps are basically all "tech = 1 billion damage, stay down = she just wasted guaranteed damage for nothing".

Back