4K vs WS B

Fuzion

[09] Warrior
If you're like me, you use WS B as your primary way of getting out of full crouch. I'm starting to think 4K would be a better choice, since it can also be done from FC. Here's a quick rundown of the data:

Move / Dmg / Speed / [Frames on Block / on Hit / on CH]

WS B / 16 dmg / i15 / -8 / +2 / +2
4K / 20 dmg / i14 / -8 / +4 / +4

4 more damage, 1 frame faster, and 2 more frames of advantage on hit - both with the same slight risk of going -8 on block.

At least one application of this move is when blocking mitsu's 1A to get the most punishment possible. At some ranges WS B won't punish it, but 4K will - with extra damage and frame advantage.

There are still places I would prefer WS B. It has more range so you can catch backdash now and then, and also better crouch properties if you're coming up to attack someone who's doing a high or something (ex. duck punishing xianghua's AA). 4K still might work there, I haven't tested it.

Mainly I'm thinking of using it on offense for stuff like 2A (hit) -> 4K (hit) -> 3A
All of that stuff is safe on block, and they'll need i12 stuff to compete with your 3A/BB if they are hit with 4K. God knows how many times I've landed WS B on CH after a successful 2A, that situation seems to happen a lot in my matches.

And strictly as a punisher, I don't see why I won't be trying to 4K in every place I was using WS B before.

ive already started doing this, as yeah most of lizs other WS options arent so hot. i was doing tons of block punishment data for a tourney i went to yesterday and i saw in some situations where a move was reported to be -14 on block i couldnt punish it with 4K from crouch. not sure if it was a range issue or move specific but there were a couple instances where i couldnt land it.

other than that, yeah 4K is great. 6A blocked into 4K is one of my favorite round ending tricks for tick damage

hmm nice, it never occurred to me to replace WS B with 4K. I'll definitely start doing it.

I just retested the frame data for 4K and it was off by 1 frame. On H and CH it's actually +4.

4K completely whiffs on Ivy at all but one weird angle on her left side. Don't use against Ivy. I haven't seen (or tested) this on anyone else though.

Back