6 a+b, 66a,a,a 22_88a,a,a

Art_Thritis

[08] Mercenary
We all know that the above are noob tools but I need help in understanding whether they have any place in an experienced Kilik's player’s arsenal. I never use these moves b/c (a) Kilik has better ones than those and (b) it seems embarrassing to use them.

In retrospect the latter doesn't seems like really a good reason and I'm reevaluating my reticence to shun these moves in their entirety.

For example 6A+B, while powerful, can be easily blocked and I believe stepped but still couldn't it be effective against a bull-rushing opponent? If they're hell bent on charging in w/out blocking then maybe it would serve a purpose? For offensive purposes though the move seems pretty useless to me.

66A,A--The first part of this moves seems somewhat useful b/c you can keep some pressure on your opponent without getting in too close and the second A I guess is useful to see if your opponent knows how to at all block low, but does anybody else use this move in any creative ways?

22_88A,A,A--When SCIV first came out it seemed like every Kilik wannabee was consistently spamming this high to low move so I got sick of it pretty fast. The first two A's still seem to serve a purpose but does anybody use the move in its entirety with any success?

I appreciate any thoughts you might have on this.

On normal hit, 6A+B is pretty worthless, since you can start guarding it in the middle of being hit with it. I've seen some combo videos that make use of it on CH, since all hits go in after a stun, and it pushes back pretty far for wallsplat or RO. Otherwise, it's not a move you could 'just throw out'. I don't think it'd punish a bullrush-happy player, because the startup isn't fast enough to stop most rushdown characters like Amy or the sisters.

66AA is something I might consider using if I were ever that far away. I'd only stick to the first A though, since the second A would whiff at max distance. You'd use it if you ever saw some 'cautiously rushing' at you. That is, if you ever had a good amount of distance on them (say, you hit them with 4), and they were quickly trying to close distance AND they were 8-way running, I'd use 66A as soon as they close in to its maximum range.

22_88AAA is still a pretty solid move, sad to say. It's real strength comes in on CH, where all three hits are guaranteed. On block, however, this move leaves you hanging dry. If you wanna use it as a step killer or a step punisher, I recommend its safer cousin, 22_88AB.

6A+B and 66AA share one thing in common.
They are completely safe on block.
66AA is completely safe even if they jump the 2nd hit.

As for 6A+B, you can pretty much spam it safely without actually achieving much, you get in a bit of damage and soul gauge damage, you get a bit of pushout on block. Its not the most fantastic move out there, but its useful, not efficient. I used to use it quite a bit before I found out how good 3kB's pushout was.

22AAA is superb for punishing people who are GI happy against 22AB.
Although you should really learn how to hitcheck the 22A. and go for the additional hits after.

Sure.
I still think with a name like that you should be more cautious about playing fighting games :P Hurts the joints. Lol.

6A+B : you have to do this only when you are SURE of a rushing opponent, this works well when you notice a starting round when opponent rush several time. Othewise i recommend not using it. Easly stepped. And you have some other option to punish rusher (66B, 46B, 2B)

6AAA : Just use it a lot! It serves to punish TJ move, also serve to Frame Trap and Step Punishement! Sometime it's hard to step guard it, but you have to make sur you can CH CONFIRM IT, it's possible OFFLINE, don't know online, it depend from the current lag ammount. When 6AA is blocked you have still a reaction avantage if the opponent try to visual confirm the last part and duck punish, just go for 6AA (blocked) 1K you will keep the avantage versus those players.

22AAA : Very hard to use, the CH confirm is not possible, unless you confirm a mouvement, but it can end on step guarded 22A or neutral hit 22A, and the 2 other hit are 100% punishable by several characters. I recommend to use it the way of 6A+B, only when you are sure of your mind game. 22AB CH is still good damage and wakeups, just do more 22AB to be sure.

6A+B : you have to do this only when you are SURE of a rushing opponent, this works well when you notice a starting round when opponent rush several time. Othewise i recommend not using it. Easly stepped. And you have some other option to punish rusher (66B, 46B, 2B)

6AAA : Just use it a lot! It serves to punish TJ move, also serve to Frame Trap and Step Punishement! Sometime it's hard to step guard it, but you have to make sur you can CH CONFIRM IT, it's possible OFFLINE, don't know online, it depend from the current lag ammount. When 6AA is blocked you have still a reaction avantage if the opponent try to visual confirm the last part and duck punish, just go for 6AA (blocked) 1K you will keep the avantage versus those players.

22AAA : Very hard to use, the CH confirm is not possible, unless you confirm a mouvement, but it can end on step guarded 22A or neutral hit 22A, and the 2 other hit are 100% punishable by several characters. I recommend to use it the way of 6A+B, only when you are sure of your mind game. 22AB CH is still good damage and wakeups, just do more 22AB to be sure.
Weird
i tried to step it but the last moves get me
i talk about the 6A+B
i avoided the first moves but the last strokes me.
maybe it was me.

Weird
i tried to step it but the last moves get me
i talk about the 6A+B
i avoided the first moves but the last strokes me.
maybe it was me.

In SC4, you have to complete your step before attacking/guarding or the attack will track you.
So if you try to step 6A+B, you'll want to tap 2_8. Wait for Kilik to stop moving. THEN buffer your punish.

:6::A::+::B:
1) Use at the beginning of the match when you expect an opponent to be rushing in. You have to be smart about it and know when to do it.
-The best time would be say, you won the previous couple of matches with "defensive Kilik tactic". (ie. You got a lead early, forced them to come to you, and you just kept them at away with something like :(4)::A::A:)
-This will FRUSTRATE the opponent and make them think that they need to get the first hit on you and force you to come to them.

:(6)::A::A::A:
Only use in two situations
1) When the opponent is trying to 8WR in close distance. Especially when you can try to ring the guy out.
2) You are trying to counter hit in close distance (NOT AN IDEAL OPTION)
-When counterhitting up close, I actually recommend holding both back and block. As soon as the attack is done, you do the :4::K::+::B: for the low attack.

:(2)::A::A::A:
1) Use to set-up a :2::A::B: ring-out.
-Let the opponent block your :(2)::A::A::A: early in the match, this gets it in their head
-Since the first hit looks the same, the opponent instinctively goes into the low block after the first hit and you can score a ringout pretty easily (Kilik is the king of ringout wins)
2) "Defensive" play
-Once you get the lead, you can back away and get the opponent to come to you
-When they run to you, you can use the :(2)::A::A::A:
-However, THERE IS A BETTER OPTION AVAILABLE - :(4)::A::A: since you will be walking backwards and can follow it up with a :4::K::+::B:

Cheers,

StarberryBSD (PSN)

6A+B and 66AA share one thing in common.
They are completely safe on block.
66AA is completely safe even if they jump the 2nd hit.

Wait... can Hilde punish the second A of 66AA by jumping it? If not then that's awesome and probably something I should do more.

We all know that the above are noob tools but I need help in understanding whether they have any place in an experienced Kilik's player’s arsenal. I never use these moves b/c (a) Kilik has better ones than those and (b) it seems embarrassing to use them.

In retrospect the latter doesn't seems like really a good reason and I'm reevaluating my reticence to shun these moves in their entirety.

For example 6A+B, while powerful, can be easily blocked and I believe stepped but still couldn't it be effective against a bull-rushing opponent? If they're hell bent on charging in w/out blocking then maybe it would serve a purpose? For offensive purposes though the move seems pretty useless to me.

66A,A--The first part of this moves seems somewhat useful b/c you can keep some pressure on your opponent without getting in too close and the second A I guess is useful to see if your opponent knows how to at all block low, but does anybody else use this move in any creative ways?

22_88A,A,A--When SCIV first came out it seemed like every Kilik wannabee was consistently spamming this high to low move so I got sick of it pretty fast. The first two A's still seem to serve a purpose but does anybody use the move in its entirety with any success?

I appreciate any thoughts you might have on this.

6A+B is not a noob move. It only has one weakness, that being that on side-step you are open for huge punishment, but what move is perfect?

On the good side, look at all of its advantages:

- It is completely safe on block (meaning no character in the game can punish it on block) and pushes the opponent out quite a bit.
- On counter-hit it does a lot of damage and it rings out from a pretty good distance, plus it rings out side-ways too.
- Like other people said it's good for catching rushing opponents, and not in the beginning of the match only.

Of course, like any other move you have to use it at the right time and not throw it out too much (which I am guilty of).

So it has 1 weakness and 3 good strengths. You should include it in your repertoire if for no other reason than for the occasional surprise.

Back