66b Vs Killik

OffbeatNinja

[08] Mercenary
I found something funny and interesting vs kilik. This probably works against other characters as well but it pretty much kills his movelist when running at him. 66b goes around almost all of his attacks, even his horizontals. it will slightly step Asura as well so even if it looks like the move is going to hit it during the Auto GI, it will hit him anyway.

Yeah, you're right. I've noticed this primarily with Kilik's :6::6::A::A:. Somehow, Sieg completely dodges the first horizontal, even though he should get smacked head on with it.

As for Asura, that's nice to know, I had not clue it gummed it up. I guess Kiliks will have to rely on a good ol' fashioned :6::B::+::K: to stop Rook Splitter.

Although yes it does take out alot of kiliks movelist, most kiliks are turtles and since 66B is punishable (and if they know this) then they will most likely sit back and wait for the move. But yea if used right it will frustrate alot of kilik players since all it takes is a simple step to the left to dodge that annoying bastard.

While not as easy to access out of stance, what about RSH A+B? Considering it's about 10 frames safer than 66B, would it be a better alternative? Does it track as well?

the difference between the two is this

66B steps to kiliks right where he is weak and therefore will step WS B, 66B ect.

RSH A+B steps to kiliks left where moves like WS B will track.

So really it all comes down to what type of kilik you are playing, if you are playing a turtly kilik that likes to do nothing but block, I recommend the latter but if you face a kilik that likes to play keep away with WS B....well even then I dont recommend too much 66B but this would be the better move.

RSH A+B- safe
66B- not

Back