[8/30/2008] SC4 Only 8pm - Murfreesboro, TN

CodEZ

[08] Mercenary
Note: This is a re-post from this SRK.com thread. I am not affiliated with the tourney, just helping to spread the word.

PNT Murf said:
Hello all,

I'm the owner of a new video game store in Murfreesboro, TN. Our store is designed with tournaments in mind - 8 HDTVs to play any game or for tournament use along with a 50" plasma for finals matches and a 20" LCD for retro gaming.

We're hosting a Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament on August 16th at 8pm with $150 prize. I know that may not be everyone's thing on this board but I figured I'd mention it.

Here's the details on the tournament you guys will probably be into:

Soul Calibur IV Tournament

• August 30th @ 8pm
  • Grand Prize $150
  • 2nd Place $75
  • $5 pre-entry $7 at the door
  • Grand Prize money will increase with more entries, returning all entry fees to winner! $150 is the minimum.

• Play N Trade
  • 427 N. Thompson Lane
  • Murfreesboro, TN
  • (Located across from Regions Bank, next to Plato's closet, on the corner of N. Thompson Lane and Robert Rose Dr.)

For more information including a map to our location please check www.pntmurf.com. Feel free to stop by the store or call us at 615-890-GAME. We currently have SC 4 running on 2 stations and anyone is welcome to play all they want to get in some practice.

If there are other games you'd like to see in future tournaments then please just let us know. We're open to anything and I'm really looking forward to the fighting game tournaments.

Thanks!
Greg
Owner/Operator
Play N Trade
Murfreesboro, TN

[8/30/08] SC4 Only - Murfreesboro, Tn - 8pm

Hmmm...I might would be down for this. Who all from TN is going?

Also, what system?

OMG lol finally some real games :) I'll be there :) BRING IT ! yes and i would like to know what system as well hopefully not ps3 cause i dont have a stick for it yet, Unless the guy has one at his store i can buy haha can u use an xbox stick on playstation ? its just a usb cord so i dont know... just asking....

I heard Vandy was gonna win this tournament.

I'm almost certain it is on XBOX. I will *most likely* be there on Saturday to watch and maybe play Smash, so I'll post an update.

[8/30/08] SC4 Only 8pm - Murfreesboro, TN

Just a semi-update. I went to the location tonight for the smash tourney. The prizes were given as in store credit for anyone wondering. It is still up in the air as to whether or not the console of choice for SC4 will be 360 or PS3.

still in the air?? well i think they should get something final seeing how the tourny is a week and half away.... I have to drive about hour and 45 mins for this so i'd be pretty mad if i drove all that way and it ends up being on ps3 where i dont have a stick.... and WotmanX good luck playa....

Waverly.... Bout 10 mins from clarksville bout 20 mins from Dickson lol if you know where any of those places are ;)

ya that's way out in the middle of fucking no where :)

Quick question, do you play on 360 pad or stick? I'm going to guess stick, but just have to ask.

Quick question, do you play on 360 pad or stick? I'm going to guess stick, but just have to ask.

I play on a 360 Stick... its the one everyone has i'm sure the Hori stick... so far its pretty good ! i like it, but it seems to attract alot of dirt from my sweaty hands haha

And if i had to i would buy a stick just to compete i dont care... i'm sure i will have to sooner or later i just hope the layout is the same for the ps3 as it is for 360 as far as buttons go....

Have they found out what system it is yet? Anyone wanna go practice this weekend?

He is leaning towards 360 because most of the stores sales have been 360 (over 70%). I'm set regardless (I have ps2/3 & 360 sticks). If it comes down to being on ps3 and you come, I might have my hori tekken stick still (otherwise all I have is my korean stick)

I am gonna go down and chat with him this weekend about it.

Sweet well I might be able to make it down this weekend.... Depending on how busy i am! haha and yea i remember those tekken sticks! fuckers are HUGE ... i probably wouldnt do very well with it as i'm used to mine being flat.... unless u have the earlier tekken stick which is kinda shaped like the one i have now... hopefully it will be on 360.... if not then i'd be grateful to borrow but thats never a good idea in case its down to us in the finals.... but thank you for the offer and i guess we will just see how it goes

awesome well i'll be there hopefully... long as i can find the place... so how many people are going ? just 3 isnt going to be very fun lol

There are 2 guys from Knoxville that might come out still and, well, Mick will be there so...

LoL Mick, sweet he lives about 15 mins from me.... maybe we can ride up together, damn dudes are coming from knoxville? little far but I aint complainin the more the merrier! I'm just ready for some live matches ha I could care less if I win....

Back