A Challenge

D.I.N.O

[11] Champion
Now I know its hard to get the stance changes when you want, or even harder to get certain moves to land how you want them to, but I'm still going to issue this challenge.

I believe when it comes to Combos with 66B BE JS~GS, with GS 4K GS~JS transitions, you can really stack up the damage.

MY challenge is to see if you can find a combo (gauranteed, tech or no tech) that uses FIVE METERS. ie 3 BEs and a CE, or 5 BEs, however you like.

I feel like I did this in training before, on normal settings. I'm pretty sure Tira can build 50% within her combos, especially if they get extended.

I know this can be done. Someone do it before PATCH.

You could do this if you happen to get lucky enough to do..
JS 66B 66B BE GS BT B+K JS 66B BE GS BT B+K JS 66 B BE GS BT B+K JS 66B BE GS BT B+K 666B BE.

It's very unlikely, but it would be epic if you could pull it off.

I was thinking along the lines of that, except you want to be in GS after BT B+K, the first time, and get a GS 4K in JS, which leads to another JS 66B BE, GS BT B+K, GS 4K, into a JS 66B BE, GS BT B+K, 22B, 666B BE.

You basically need to return to JS 3 times. You also need to modify the end of the combo slightly. You need the extra 4K in there to gain that extra meter. Edit - Yes You need one of the GS BT B+Ks (or 66B BE) to put you back in JS for an extra launch.

Also I think you can end with a CE instead, if you have the meter.

Need to test it out. I know I did it because Immeadiately reacted, saying "I shouldnt have been able to do that, again."

I hope these combos are still viable. Cant believe JS 66B BE wont go into GS easily. GGs Tira.

Oh, so you meant legitly pull it off, like, in-battle? Not just with the training infinite?

4K stuns at BT B+K, ruining the entire combo. If they don't side tech it, it would scale horribly. And you could end with a CE, but it would do less damage than 666B BE and cost more gauge.

This combo would be the only ideal way to spend five gauge blocks, unless you'd rather do one more JS 66B BE and cut out the last 666B BE.
GS 3B 4A 4K JS 66B BE GS BT B+K JS 66B BE GS BT B+K JS 66B BE GS BT B+K JS 66B BE GS BT B+K 666B BE.

Time spent in Gloomy, time spent in Jolly, Brave Edges (x5).

...This entire thread makes my tiny little brain hurt.

Any ideas what kinds of damage one of these 5x BE combos would do? I'm curious, I'm not even going to try one of these because I know my luck will never be that good(I can never even get JS 66bA+B+K twice in one combo let alone four times).

Well, just two of them does about 130 damage, so I have no doubt it would be around 200 damage, if not a death combo.
Two of them being:
GS 3B 4A 4K JS 66B BE GS BT B+K JS 66B BE GS BT B+K 666B BE.

I really doubt it'll do 200 damage at 5 BEs due to scaling. the second JS BE loop only added about 20, so you'll be lucky if get another 10~15 out of the third. the 4th, and 5th will probably be some insigificant number that make the grand total of 150~160+.

furthermore, not that this matters anymore, i'm fairly certain using an extra JS BE and ending with GS666B is better
than ending with GS 666B BE but one less JS BE loop. tho this is obviously purely speculations as i was never lucky enough to do the full thing. I think I only pulled off a double JS BE loop once, and ended with GS 666B.

I really doubt it'll do 200 damage at 5 BEs due to scaling. the second JS BE loop only added about 20, so you'll be lucky if get another 10~15 out of the third. the 4th, and 5th will probably be some insigificant number that make the grand total of 150~160+.

furthermore, not that this matters anymore, i'm fairly certain using an extra JS BE and ending with GS666B is better
than ending with GS 666B BE but one less JS BE loop. tho this is obviously purely speculations as i was never lucky enough to do the full thing. I think I only pulled off a double JS BE loop once, and ended with GS 666B.

EDIT: i just realize that the true damage of the JS BE loop is grossly over-exaggerated... assuming that it does an over-whelming 200 damage at 5X BE. let's learn a little maths and calculate what the average damage is.

First some assumptions : 1) there's a 10% chance associated with GS -> JS transition, 2) total of 4 GS -> JS transition is required (no transition is required after the last BE), 3) no mood swing does 110 damage, 1 mood swing does 140, 2 -> 160, 3-> 180 and 4 -> 200 and 4) she is so broken that she always have full soul guage. (the last assumption just make sure that she can use the full 5x BE loop whenever the combo starter hits). now... there's 10% chance for one mood swing, therefore she'll do 140, 10% of the time. 1% for 2 mood swings (10% x 10%), 0.1% for 3, 0.01% for 4 mood swings. this means she'll have no mood swings 88.89% of the time (no mood swings=100%-10%-1%-0.1%-0.01%).

plug in the formula:
110x0.8889 + 140x0.1 + 160x0.01 + 180x0.001 + 200x0.0001= 113.579 damage.

soul gauge cost is calculated in similar way:
0.5x0.8889 + 1x0.1 + 1.5x0.01 + 2x0.001 + 2x0.0001 = 0.56 bars (using 5BEs only cost 2 bars because that's the amount you need when starting the combo).

Therefore on average, you are spending 0.56 soul gauge and doing 113.570 damage, if the combo was still viable....

I think my calculation is correct....

Back