a couple of questions

twiggywales

[08] Mercenary
How much do you lose in lag with cervy, i have picked him up a little latly and im finding that iGDR seems very hard to do online, not sure why i do same imput same speed get it about 75~80% offline but online that drops to 30-40%, as to for the follow ups. (iGDR 22B 4A+K then the next iGDR is just luck if it comes out the few times i have manged to do this i never got the 28B finish either :-()

im stuck only able to play SC online as none of my friends play and there isnt really a local sceen in the the part of uk im in.

it sucks and i try to play chars like i would offline but im still not really sure of cervys best punishers.

i main maxi and lag kills him teribley (if your playing him properly not just randomly hitting shit, i mean trying to loop stance or hit confirm 4BBK or CH33B its nearly imposible.) (i mainly fight a near lag free 5 bar with my mate) so how bad does cervy suffer.

ok so to sum up

1) what should i be punishing with,
2) how much do i loose with lag online, for example maxi loses a lot of his hit confirms and his looping games can go very wrong
3) should i even bother trying to play cervy well if i cant cant use all his tools online.
4) would anyone here like to try and teach me how to use him well. i was checking my friend list to see if i had a single cervy player on there and i dont, i would like to see what i should be doing.

It's hard to say, online is gonna be online regardless. If you're looking to win online, pick a character with a dominant online low like Mitsu/Cass/Soph 1a. If you can only play online, it's really not worth worrying about gearing your game towards offline play.

As far as what to do with Cervy online? Lots of 4[B+K] I guess, lol. Using it out of his BB4[B+K] string is extremely difficult to step even on a 5 bar.

nah i dont like mitsu and low spam, i wanna play him legit even though online not just tele spam, i play for fun not just to win thats just added bonus

i just interested in best punishers offline so i can try up it a bit online, i know online is always online but i still wanna try play as if i could offline (not like lag tactics or when i have off match it would just be stupid)

You might want to check Cervy's frame data to get an idea of what's good to use. Anyway, Cervantes can theoretically punish -15 or worse moves on block with iGDR, but I can't see that being done online. It's best to use aB, since it's i13, or throw/mid mixups if you're in FC.

Instead of practicing iGDR (which is around -23~25 on block) you can practice the FC A+B(B mash) Guard Break (which I really never see unless I fight Alibaba)
It's +13 and nets a aB/ AA etc... near walls and edge...
I wish I could intasnt Teleport sometimes :2

Punishing is non-existent online. You really can't do it. I can iGDR punish Yoshi's 3B offline, but online I can't even aB it. aB is your best choice for punishing online though if you are going to try. But overall, an offline Cervantes, online is terrible.

I think my favorite online moment was when I GId somebody, and did an immediate throw... they ducked the throw. There's also the times my iGDR combos went from guaranteed to blockable.

hmmmm kinda discorageing but ill try, i can iGDR pretty well and FCA+BBBB fairly well to (i have maped LT and RT buttons to B and on my stick slide down to them and double tap fast (bass fingers :D) i didnt realise that would offer free aB i just been going for a 3B after but its not very productive.

thanks though for all advice i really apriceate it.

oh man i just realised im alibaba lol i was about to track him down and ask him to help me with it im curentlly trying to master one last thing with cery besides knowing all his frames and thats iFCA+BBBB like this
it's amazingly usefull i need it

holy shit O.o i wish i could nail it that consistantly

love that vid though got a few ideas from that :D

ya it's extremely useful mixup wise ive gotten a little better at it since last time i play The Great Algol i think i have about 70% sucess rate im just trying to get ued to setups after it

Back